Ask a question

No registration required

ALL Galaxy Tab 8.9 Questions Go Here

OP lufc

23rd April 2012, 01:13 AM   |  #371  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
GT-P7320T in Australia
can i be helped with rooting my GT-P7320T 4G as i have searched and can only find rooting forGT-7310. .......has this been developed yet

Sorry if i have missed it on the forum as i have searched everywhere
Thanks
Kelvin76
24th April 2012, 09:58 PM   |  #372  

2 posts
Unhappy Kernel
cannot post under developement, i have looked everywhere, i am looking for a stock kernel/radio, not sure which to call it for my gtab p7300, after flashing clockwork my touchscreen is not working, i have put on a stock rom, no change, stock recovery, no change, cyanogenmod 9 has issues with my build.prop file and will not install, any ideas, can my question be moved or reposted in the developement section please
26th April 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #373  
Thanks Meter: 187

1,725 posts
More
Guys, I just noticed that my tab recently purchased has the following specs:
1ghz dual cpu
724MB ram
As far as I knew it had to be 1.2ghz and 1GB ram... Something wrong there?
1st May 2012, 07:15 PM   |  #374  

18 posts
I have a big problem:

Galaxy tab is rooted.. i have clock world mod..but:

I can't get in to recovery mode anymore.. the last time i could was to install CWM apk..

So now: i can't install a rom..

On other websites the could not give me any answer..so i hope you guys can help me. 1 person said something about odin..but i can't find it how to use this..

Further info: i have no backup stock rom.. and i can't find a stock rom for the netherlands..

Please guys..hope u can help me....
2nd May 2012, 02:45 AM   |  #375  
Thanks Meter: 729

1,814 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevecc

I have a big problem:

Galaxy tab is rooted.. i have clock world mod..but:

I can't get in to recovery mode anymore.. the last time i could was to install CWM apk..

So now: i can't install a rom..

On other websites the could not give me any answer..so i hope you guys can help me. 1 person said something about odin..but i can't find it how to use this..

Further info: i have no backup stock rom.. and i can't find a stock rom for the netherlands..

Please guys..hope u can help me....

Check the General guide right here in the General section. There's how-tos and more for your situation, including links and tools.
4th May 2012, 06:03 AM   |  #376  
Flag Eugene, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
More
Wink yep
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooster

Guys, I just noticed that my tab recently purchased has the following specs:
1ghz dual cpu
724MB ram
As far as I knew it had to be 1.2ghz and 1GB ram... Something wrong there?

It is a 1.2ghz CPU and it does have 1gb of on board ram. Samsung clocked the cpu to 1ghz to extend battery life and your losing 256 mob of ram to the video card. :) you can run a custom kernel and or rom and oc your CPU. Anything of 1.4 isn't super stable, at least hasn't been for me. Hope this helps
4th May 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #377  

1 posts
SGH-I957 and Kies
Has anyone been able to use Kies via USB cable with the SGH-I957? I tried and it fails to connect.
4th May 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #378  

1 posts
multi touch problem
Hello everyone I have a problem with multi touch in my galaxy tab 8.9

multi touch is crashing when you put two fingers, has a solution for this?
I tried to use an app called: touch screen tune
but did not work saying that the tablet is not supported
4th May 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #379  
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 64

619 posts
More
worth it?
Hey All, Need opinions.
with all the new tablets coming out, is the 8.9 still worth it? Best buy has a refurbishment one with the keyboard, dock, and case for $380.00. What do you guys think? My wife hogs the 7.0 plus tab so I need one for me but don't want to spend alot of money. I would most like sell the keyboard.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...08.9&cp=1&lp=2
5th May 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #380  
Flag Bermuda Dunes Ca.
Thanks Meter: 118

626 posts
Donate to Me
More
Set me straight.....
Hey all, new to the site but not to the game. I'm hoping not to upset anyone by asking these noob questions, but it's early, and I'm only on my first pot of coffee. I own a wifi only US spec 8.9. Just rooted it, compared to IOS jailbreak it seemed way too easy. I used methods of unlocking here on xda and am curious about a few things. I've googled, installed the " top tweaks" superuser, some rom managers and root doctors, whateve, but what can I really do to this thing that sets it above the rest? I can't seem to find CWM except in an old post noted as a fix. From reading It looks like this is needed to flash ROMs. Second, I want ICS on my tab bad, but from the info I don't see a fully functional custom rom yet, just old posts on ones with limited features. I'm down to donate or contribute to XDA if you guys can school me real quick. My goal is a nice overclock, a fully functional custom rom I can show off, but with ICS just around the corner for us with 8.9's I just don't know what direction to go. I've googled for hours but I can't seem to find what I want for this Galaxy Tab. Thanks for a great site and any info you guys can toss me.

So, I read the guide section, duh......so let me change my question's.

I downloaded the zip at the end of the post. Thing is I've already installed some Odin Multi Downloader 4. something.....is this the same thing? Can't I just drop the zip in my sd via usb without odin and open in stock recovery? Currently I have ROM Toolbox pro....6 bucks I think I may of wasted, SetCPU probably a waste also, Android Terminal Emulator, and Titanium Back up. I think I'm moving too fast just downloading stuff I don't really need. Guess I'm going to give this a go and try to install CWM recovery per the guide. Again my goal is to overclock, looks like ICS will roll out in a few so i'll wait. Can someone please enlighten me? I'm going nuts here. Is this process like iOS? What i mean is can you lose root access the same way you lose a jailbreak when new firmware is released and downloaded?

Forgive me, my mind is ruined by countless hours in iOS.

Really surprised and a tad dissapointed I did not get one reply.....but I must thank you for not helping and allowing me to get it squared away myself. Which I have done. Rooted, CWM installed and system backed up. Decided not to flash ICS yet though. Still would like advice on overclock.

Kill this thread/post.....I figured it all out.....overclocked at 1.5 as of today....runs great.
Last edited by StarkCity; 7th May 2012 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Because no one replied......

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread