Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 41,503 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Defender Series otter box is crap

Tip us?

4ktvs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
otterbox=apple need I say more.

P.S The thread is back form the dead.
Phone right now:
Verizon galaxy S4

Cell phones before: Motorola KRZR K1

Droid RAZR on verizon x2: It went Back to verizon, because IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!

Samsung galaxy S3 on US cellular with 4G LTE Unlimited data. ( Max was 21/10 avg was 5-8 down and 2-4 up) Only had it for a day

Verizon S3 is sold

Samsung galaxy S2 No longer in service

VS Screw Time warner cable

marculous
Old
Thanks Meter 27
must be the screen on the phone, placed my Droid x defender over the front, same effect. is there a screen protector that can fix it to where i could still use the defender screen protector but stop the effect? tried a zagg with the droid x defender and that didn't work right at all.

Droid Razr
droid razr / nexus 7 - current

droid x / dell streak - retired

phrite
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by marculous View Post
must be the screen on the phone, placed my Droid x defender over the front, same effect. is there a screen protector that can fix it to where i could still use the defender screen protector but stop the effect? tried a zagg with the droid x defender and that didn't work right at all.

Droid Razr
I had the same problem,shimmer drove me crazy. and is it just me or does the damn thing seem to get hotter in the defender? i swear it sucks my battery life to nothing. i got it less then a week ago, and hate it. looking for something different now.

marculous
Old
Thanks Meter 27
defender may keep heat in, juice defender helps save on battery, connecting to wifi reduces heat - the 4G seems to run the phone warm when really getting on it.

Droid Razr

g2tegg
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by marculous View Post
defender may keep heat in, juice defender helps save on battery, connecting to wifi reduces heat - the 4G seems to run the phone warm when really getting on it.

Droid Razr
I used to have a iPhone with a morphie juice pack.. it actually made the battery worse by interfering with the antenna, causing the phone to "look for service" far more often then it should. I also used to have a Defender on a iPhone 4 and the phone would lose battery power if I had the GPS going, music playing and charging. The phone got so hot that it would drop in battery percentage.
I have the defender case on my Razr and yeah it makes it bulky. It doesnt interfere with the phones antennas but it does cause it to heat up. But I wouldn't go to work without it. Got a Zaag screen protector this weekend for added protection.

marculous
Old
Thanks Meter 27
i had a zagg for my droid x and a defender for work, the two together made it look wet where the hard screen protector touched the zagg. took the zagg back.

Droid Razr

TheMuffStuff
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 821

DONATE TO ME
I have a commuter series. It is Awesome.

Fltmobileuser
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrite View Post
I had the same problem,shimmer drove me crazy. and is it just me or does the damn thing seem to get hotter in the defender? i swear it sucks my battery life to nothing. i got it less then a week ago, and hate it. looking for something different now.
baby powder will help with that oil screen effect . I wouldn't have anything else on my phone than a Otterbox Defender

slvrbul
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by orateam View Post
I don't understand why anyone puts any cases on phones and tablets. Manufacturers go through alot of trouble to design and make cases like the razr with a kevlar back and we go put rubber on it.

It reminds me of when my parents used to put horrible seat covers on everything we sat down on. We got to feel and look at horrible green plastic and when we sold it for nothing later on, that's when we got touch and see the beautiful patterns and fabric we paid for.

Razr's are a thing of beauty to behold, who cares if you scratch it. it's yours right? The screen is gorrilla and unlikely to scratch with fingernails. Just don't do the keys thing and you'll be fine. I've had smartphones since the 90's and never put a case, never had a scratched screen. I've dropped each several times on carpet, tile and such, but never anything i couldn't use it with.
Do people really think they'll get value for tech stuff these days when they sell them? Don't go through so much trouble for the people who end up with your devices when you dump em in the recycled world. Use tech toys today for yourself.
I agree I dropped mine with my old X2 so many times and never had any damage to it. The case edges were pretty beat, but my phone looked brand new after 8 months and sold it for more !!!
Carl
ETC(SS) USN Retired
Galaxy S5 Verizon Rooted SlymHyde R9
Xoom MZ602 Wifi /4G / Rooted / Unlocked CM10

matesims23
Old
Thanks Meter 25
My defender sucked too

Sent from my DROID RAZR