Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 45,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swap almost any smartphone for a brand new Windows Phone 7 device

Tip us?
 
CharlyDigital
Old
#151  
CharlyDigital's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 120
Posts: 1,582
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scottsdale
So google would not connect. I gave it a day and works fine now. Sounds strange but the steps took were. Turned off phone>disconnected plate from back> plugged back in made sure it was flush> turned on and turned off wifi> set up google account. Worked! Not sure if timing or luck of the draw but if you are having issues try that.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
 
Javier.San1993
Old
#152  
Javier.San1993's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jun 2011
When I get this Focus S I'm planning on using it as my "daily driver" just cuz I want to see how it compares to my captivate. I'm sure sound quality will be better with my crappy, but Focus S has 4G in some places, and I'm pretty sure it will have a better GPS lock and Wifi signal. We'll see when I get it though.

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897
 
FC1032
Old
#153  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 558
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sydney
I wish it was here in Australia too... =^= I kinda like WP7
 
Javier.San1993
Old
#154  
Javier.San1993's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jun 2011
I'm starting to feel like they won't email me... I went on the 28th... 3 weeks have passed, and nothing.... just the confirmation email... any suggestions as to what I should do?

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897
 
nosit1
Old
#155  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 881
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier.San1993 View Post
I'm starting to feel like they won't email me... I went on the 28th... 3 weeks have passed, and nothing.... just the confirmation email... any suggestions as to what I should do?

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897
waiting on my third one. Same issue. I'm going to call down to check on it.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Current Device: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II (Rooted!) + Amazong Kindle Fire (CM10)
Devices currently crying in a corner: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Motorola Droid Bionic - HP Touchpad - Nook Color
 
Javier.San1993
Old
#156  
Javier.San1993's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosit1 View Post
waiting on my third one. Same issue. I'm going to call down to check on it.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Calling sounds like the only option for me. I would drive down to where it is at, but it's an hour drive...

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897
 
fireshot91
Old
#157  
fireshot91's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 161
Join Date: Aug 2010
I went into the store the day after my email.

They had already run out of HTC Titans, and Focus S's, so they offered me a choice between a Titan II, or a Focus Flash. I took the Titan II, used it for three-four days, traded it with some guy on Craigslist for a Galaxy Note (About 2 weeks old one), sold the Note on Craigslist for $525 .


My brother unfortunately got a Focus Flash, and....yeah, it might just be better to keep that phone, nobody is buying it.
Moto Razr -> Moto Q ->iPhone 2G -> iPhone 3GS -> Samsung Captivate -> Blackberry Bold-> Samsung Captivate ->iPhone 3GS -> Moto Q -> Galaxy S2 -> iPhone 4 -> HTC Titan -> Galaxy Note -> Galaxy S4 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy S4 -> iPhone 4
 
Javier.San1993
Old
#158  
Javier.San1993's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 137
Join Date: Jun 2011
I called a few minutes ago. Associate told me that they just got a shipment of Focus Ss. Unfortunately I have work in half an hour.... I'll have to wait til Monday:/

Using Tapatalk/SGH-1897
 
kevina90
Old
#159  
kevina90's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 527
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshot91 View Post
I went into the store the day after my email.

They had already run out of HTC Titans, and Focus S's, so they offered me a choice between a Titan II, or a Focus Flash. I took the Titan II, used it for three-four days, traded it with some guy on Craigslist for a Galaxy Note (About 2 weeks old one), sold the Note on Craigslist for $525 .


My brother unfortunately got a Focus Flash, and....yeah, it might just be better to keep that phone, nobody is buying it.
0.o traded a TITAN 2 for a NOTE? You are really lucky lol, titan 2s arent even selling for 400 now on ebay BNIB.
Phone: LG G3
Status: Stock Rooted

Tablet: Nexus 7
Status: CM

Watch: Motorola Motoactv
Status: Stock Rooted

Retired: HTC Aria, HTC Titan II, iPhone 2g, Blackberry Curve 8520, HTC ONE XL, HP Touchpad
 
DJsCrIBbLe
Old
#160  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 1,522
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Man I just seen this. I have a ton of old smart phones I coulda changed out... I live in MN though and bet the lines was crazy as our windows store is in the mall of America ...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Tags
android, free, promotion, webos, windows phone 7
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes