Post Reply

Alpha 3![ICS AOSP]{GSM/CDMA/P1000L/N}{DEV}{WIP} 11/12/11 TEAM DEVELOPMENT

OP ani55

21st April 2012, 09:25 PM   |  #1951  
Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 1
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Actually I just tested it by flashing AOKP successfully so no Im not on MTD, now that I know that, how can I get onto MTD, Im not able to find a clear way to move over to it.
21st April 2012, 09:31 PM   |  #1952  
alroger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,861
 
1,116 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroskhaos

Actually I just tested it by flashing AOKP successfully so no Im not on MTD, now that I know that, how can I get onto MTD, Im not able to find a clear way to move over to it.

No secret... did you read my post and my page? At most you gonna get the infamous assert error.. lol.
21st April 2012, 10:20 PM   |  #1953  
Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 1
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alroger

No secret... did you read my post and my page? At most you gonna get the infamous assert error.. lol.

I read a few ways but I guess it didnt work. Let me go reread and see if Im missing something.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Ok I found this but Im not sure if its a good idea as in the overcome instructions it says its not for cdma but please see below.

PEOPLE NOW BUILDS ARE MTD!! FILE SYSTEM BE CAREFULL

FOR INSTALLING MTD BUILD IT IS [MUST] COMPULSORY TO RESTOCK[ FOLLOW TILL STEP 3]

DONOT!!!!!! RESTORE ANY OTHER BUILDS ON MTD BUILDS

IF WANT TO GO BACK TO GB RESTOCK IS AGAIN NEEDED!!!

1)RESTOCK to gingerbread by following overcome method
www.teamovercome.net
2)flash the overcome kernel 4.0 to convert the system to ext4 from the above website
3)DOWNLOAD ANY ANY BUILD [OFFICIAL NIGHTLY OR SOMEONE ELSE BUILD]
4)copy the zip to tab and then reboot into recovery
5)wipe data,cache and dalvik cache
6) a) if MTD build once u flash them mtd zip it boots into mtd recovery and U HAVE TO FLASH THE ZIP AGAIN
b) if NON MTD just flash the zip
7)reboot!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeroskhaos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 11:43 PM   |  #1954  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,260
 
3,138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
Have you consider ICS?
jt1134 has one in rootzwiki
And there is aokp CDMA too

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA
21st April 2012, 11:52 PM   |  #1955  
Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 1
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyana

Have you consider ICS?
jt1134 has one in rootzwiki
And there is aokp CDMA too

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

Thats what this is about, all of the stuff Ive mentioned has to do with ICS and MTD.
22nd April 2012, 03:59 AM   |  #1956  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,260
 
3,138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
I don't think you should try overcome method on cdma tab.
You will brick your tab.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA
22nd April 2012, 05:19 AM   |  #1957  
qm4n76's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gorontalo
Thanks Meter: 106
 
334 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroskhaos

Yes I have, let me try from scratch. Im going to redownload the Alpha 3 and download the kernel and gapps. Then full system wipe, then flash alpha 3 then gapps then kernel and boot. Hopefully this will work this time but its been driving me crazy, I spent all day yesterday trying to figure this out.

I think you should try to convert your partition from RFS (if not) to EXT4
follow this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...06&postcount=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroskhaos

I read a few ways but I guess it didnt work. Let me go reread and see if Im missing something.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Ok I found this but Im not sure if its a good idea as in the overcome instructions it says its not for cdma but please see below.

PEOPLE NOW BUILDS ARE MTD!! FILE SYSTEM BE CAREFULL

FOR INSTALLING MTD BUILD IT IS [MUST] COMPULSORY TO RESTOCK[ FOLLOW TILL STEP 3]

DONOT!!!!!! RESTORE ANY OTHER BUILDS ON MTD BUILDS

IF WANT TO GO BACK TO GB RESTOCK IS AGAIN NEEDED!!!

1)RESTOCK to gingerbread by following overcome method
www.teamovercome.net
2)flash the overcome kernel 4.0 to convert the system to ext4 from the above website


3)DOWNLOAD ANY ANY BUILD [OFFICIAL NIGHTLY OR SOMEONE ELSE BUILD]
4)copy the zip to tab and then reboot into recovery
5)wipe data,cache and dalvik cache
6) a) if MTD build once u flash them mtd zip it boots into mtd recovery and U HAVE TO FLASH THE ZIP AGAIN
b) if NON MTD just flash the zip
7)reboot!!!!

OVERCOME IS ONLY FOR GSM, NOT FOR CDMA,I THINK THIS WILL BRICK YOUR TAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyana

I don't think you should try overcome method on cdma tab.
You will brick your tab.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

agree with you
22nd April 2012, 05:50 PM   |  #1958  
Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 1
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Well I didn't use that method but I ran into the system not wanting to boot anymore so I restored it to with the ics kernel and a cwm 5.5 and needless to say it was supposed to reboot as usual and this time it didn't. It shut down and never came back on, I know the battery wasn't the problem either. So now I have a bricked tab. I know that there's a way back but I'm not good at soldering yet. Anyone wanna make some extra cash or anyone know a good place to get it restored?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 09:00 PM   |  #1959  
spike1985's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 130
 
337 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroskhaos

Well I didn't use that method but I ran into the system not wanting to boot anymore so I restored it to with the ics kernel and a cwm 5.5 and needless to say it was supposed to reboot as usual and this time it didn't. It shut down and never came back on, I know the battery wasn't the problem either. So now I have a bricked tab. I know that there's a way back but I'm not good at soldering yet. Anyone wanna make some extra cash or anyone know a good place to get it restored?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

just search for how to restock with odin, if your download mode is still working (vol- and power). Else... you are screwed... afaik

odin is not that hard 2 use
Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA
23rd April 2012, 01:19 AM   |  #1960  
Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 1
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike1985

just search for how to restock with odin, if your download mode is still working (vol- and power). Else... you are screwed... afaik

odin is not that hard 2 use
Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

Well I'm not screwed, look it up in the forums there's a way to zombify my tab (bring it back from the great beyond) all I need is someone that is good at soldering to connect the tab to the computer and remove the corrupted files and flash a new set of files, also to do the unbrickable mod....guess I'll have to look elsewhere to resurrect my tab. Thanks anyways guys, I'll be back for a second round when my tabs alive and kicking again.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Tab Android Development by ThreadRank