Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,984 Members 45,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lumia 900 Headphone Compatability

Tip us?

kkrull
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdigital007 View Post
I picked up the over the ears on launch at ATT and returned them the next day... the controls did not work very well on them.
Would you elaborate on this? If I pay $200 for mediocre sound quality headphones the controls better work.
Nokia Lumia 920
rMBP running Windows 8 EFI

Previously Nokia Lumia 900, Samsung Focus, iMate SP5, Motorola S9 Pro, Win 7 Ultimate Macbook Pro

kkrull
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Filo LU1 Smart Adapter

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ter_Cable.html

Has anyone tried this adapter with a Windows Phone?
Nokia Lumia 920
rMBP running Windows 8 EFI

Previously Nokia Lumia 900, Samsung Focus, iMate SP5, Motorola S9 Pro, Win 7 Ultimate Macbook Pro

jdigital007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Best way to describe it is inconsistent. The double tap, next track is the worst. Seems like volume control and phone answer is very consistent. As many others have posted, it may be a known bug when the phone is asleep when people are affected. My Samsung focus headphones worked better than the purity so take it for what its worth. Still very happy with the in -ear. Over the ear not as much but a majority of that is personal preferance. I still thing controls worked better on in ear model though. Only had over hear for one day to compare.
Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 on ATT

KonAitor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I use my old headset from the Focus, and I too have the issue with the track controls not working when the screen is off. I use the feature a lot when walking to class. I hate having to keep taking my phone in and out of my picket, or pressing the button over and over until it does what it needs to.
---- ---- ---- ---- ----
Nokia Lumia 900

misterlim
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hey guys I just got a set of Nokia bh-111 Bluetooth earphones but unfortunately I'm unable to make or receive calls. Though I can use all audio controls and even do voice to text? If anyone can chime in and help me out it would be appreciated!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Red Grenadine
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdigital007 View Post
Best way to describe it is inconsistent. The double tap, next track is the worst. Seems like volume control and phone answer is very consistent. As many others have posted, it may be a known bug when the phone is asleep when people are affected. My Samsung focus headphones worked better than the purity so take it for what its worth. Still very happy with the in -ear. Over the ear not as much but a majority of that is personal preferance. I still thing controls worked better on in ear model though. Only had over hear for one day to compare.
I have this issue. Got a replacement and same issue so I'm thinking its a phone problem

jhoff80
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I'm curious if you're trying only with the screen off, or with it on as well.

For me, all of the buttons except for the power button work very inconsistently with the screen off: the volume buttons on the phone, the camera button, and the headset button. They work 100% of the time with the screen on. I think it's just a software bug when the screen is off.

Also, other than the above issue, I believe that any single-button iPhone compatible headset should work. That's been my experience with three different headsets, the Etymotic hf2, the Phonak PFE122, and the Meelec M6P. Three-button iPhone headsets will not work because they do something proprietary.

Bighurk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I currently have a set of Nokia earphones that came with my old Nokia N8 and the controls on the earphones does not work. Even the sound is not full compatible... My other pair of ear phones that came with my Samsung Galaxy Player 5 works perfectly.

dfkd
Old
(Last edited by dfkd; 23rd April 2012 at 01:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I got a pair of Bose MIE2i which are technically designed for iDevices and nothing worked except holding the middle button to invoke speech. But the mic didn't work so even that was useless. Button presses resulted in a weird click in the headphones too.

Exchanged today for the Bose MIE2 designed for 'everything else' and initially it wasn't working and then it was. Like there's a delay before the phone sees and starts working with them.

I may exchange again if the iPhone ones will work the same so I can use it on my iPad with the volume controls.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Addendum:

After some testing I'm finding that I have plug in and remove the headphones repeatedly until I hear a little click through the headphones. At that point the button on my headphones will control the music and speech recognition correctly.
Also, when the button works, the mic does too.

I'm finding this pattern on both my HD2 and my Lumia 900 so that kinda points at a WP7 issue.

Could a few of you with buttons that don't work try this out and see if it changes for you as well? Annoying but at least it opens an option (with some work).

aarondr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkrull View Post
ht tp: //w ww.bhpho tovideo.com/c/prod uct/834115-REG/Fiio_LU1_LU1_Smart_Adapter_ Cable.h tml

Has anyone tried this adapter with a Windows Phone?
Ordered it. We'll give it a shot and see. I have a pair of Klipsch Image One over the ear that I love. I hope I get mic back with this. Awesome (pipe dream) if volume worked.