[TOOLS] [LINUX, MAC, WINDOWS] Knives & Forks - v. 12.02.04

OP DieHappy

23rd April 2012, 01:21 AM   |  #31  
Flag Hasting / Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 503

1,323 posts
More
** I am a complete noob ! **

So many thanx for the program/tutorial, I have been meaning to install adb for a long time now but never got past the downloading part due to the complex and many different guides. This was perfect for me as I can now get on and start learning.

Samsung Galaxy S [I9000] android 4.0.4
Windows 7 x64 [Sony Vaio]
Knives and Forks 04-02-12

Many Thanx again.
Last edited by BLADESMAN1889; 23rd April 2012 at 01:27 AM.
30th June 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
64-bit Linux distros
Hi, for 64-bit Linux distros, users must install ia32libs in order to get this to work.

Hope this helps.
13th September 2012, 07:04 PM   |  #33  
Flag Banda Aceh
Thanks Meter: 551

768 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHappy

Thanks for the feedback. What OS?

I have installed Knives-and-Fork 12.02.04 on Gentoo amd64 Multilib and confirmed work flawlessly. what I did to ensure make it work was to activate phyton 2.7 instead of Gentoo default python 3.2

Great work
13th September 2012, 07:25 PM   |  #34  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 7,937

3,979 posts
Donate to Me
More
Was running perfect on 11.10 and after I updated to 12.04 still running flawlessly.
This is one "must have" tool IMHO.
23rd September 2013, 10:20 PM   |  #35  
Flag Bloomsburg
Thanks Meter: 27

230 posts
More
Not working for me. Ubuntu 13.04, 64-bit. Device I'm attempting to connect is an m7att (AT&T HTC One). The adb reboot test does not reboot the device, and when running adb reboot the error returned is "device not found." There's another error received but it's not triggered during the script..it only shows up when my device has just been rebooted and plugged into the computer. It's an MTP error about not being able to mount the usb device. I've tried manually editing the android.rules file I created myself previously but no configuration works. Also tried installing an ubuntu package for MTP FUSE filesystem mounting, also does not help. If my device hasn't been freshly rebooted, nothing even shows up when I plug it in to the USB. Not using usb 3.0 either, and adb devices also returns an empty line under "List of attached devices." I hope this wasn't too much information, just wanted to let you know it didn't work but that it's most likely not due to your script. Anyways very nice tool, simplistic yet really handy.
29th January 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #36  
Flag Big Stoned Gap, VA
Thanks Meter: 20

122 posts
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancnap

Not working for me. Ubuntu 13.04, 64-bit. Device I'm attempting to connect is an m7att (AT&T HTC One). The adb reboot test does not reboot the device, and when running adb reboot the error returned is "device not found." There's another error received but it's not triggered during the script..it only shows up when my device has just been rebooted and plugged into the computer. It's an MTP error about not being able to mount the usb device. I've tried manually editing the android.rules file I created myself previously but no configuration works. Also tried installing an ubuntu package for MTP FUSE filesystem mounting, also does not help. If my device hasn't been freshly rebooted, nothing even shows up when I plug it in to the USB. Not using usb 3.0 either, and adb devices also returns an empty line under "List of attached devices." I hope this wasn't too much information, just wanted to let you know it didn't work but that it's most likely not due to your script. Anyways very nice tool, simplistic yet really handy.

Could you send me a copy of the script/tool? You can attach it or link it anywhere. I would be most grateful! I cannot get it from the main site. It seems the author has forgotten or moved on from the toolkit. I am running Linux Mint 16 "Petra x64". I will try it out when I get the kit and see what troubles I have and post back about that.
29th January 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Donate to Me
Thanks for your work. It looks helpful. I will try that

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread