Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,605 Members 43,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Reference] Droid Incredible 2 GSM Roms, Patches, and Unlocking help.

Tip us?

razerz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamsakamal48 View Post
Yes, it works!
I am too from India and is working good on Aircel (GSM)!!!
Look at the screenshots-
Dude Can u post the link from where you downloaded the Rom. And i know it works for Inc S, But for Inc 2? Wow pls forward the link here Dude. I tried Inc HD, Zeus, MiUi And liquid and of all the 4 zeus gives gsm completely. Liquid partially ( thpough weird) provides Gsm.

AlonPurim
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Post unlocking

I rooted with s-off my inc2 and it's all good

and I can ask a guy with xtc clip tool to unlock it

however, it kind of takes all the phun away from this

I'm trying to find out if there is a phun manual way to do it?

I installed the terminal app and ran "find / -name nv_data.bin" on the whole file system, but found nothing. I searched for all bin files. I tried the same with the adb shell. Apparently, nv_data.bin is for samsung phones only.

any tips on how to manually unlock it?

tylerlawhon
Old
Thanks Meter 1001

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonPurim View Post
I rooted with s-off my inc2 and it's all good

and I can ask a guy with xtc clip tool to unlock it

however, it kind of takes all the phun away from this

I'm trying to find out if there is a phun manual way to do it?

I installed the terminal app and ran "find / -name nv_data.bin" on the whole file system, but found nothing. I searched for all bin files. I tried the same with the adb shell. Apparently, nv_data.bin is for samsung phones only.

any tips on how to manually unlock it?
If you can get a clip, do it that way. Much easier, and you don't have to worry about root issues when taking an ota

Swyped From My MikRunny'd Superphone Using TapaTalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to tylerlawhon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daniETingles
Old
Thanks Meter 73
try this out guys, a new sense 4 rom for us that supposedly has gsm support, post your results!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1610962
Device: HTC One
Permanent Root/S-OFF: Yes
ROM: InsertCoin SixthSense
Secondary ROM: Sinless GPE
Case: Grey/Black Double Dip

Click the thanks button if I've helped in any way!

LiquidSmokeX64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239
Their link is broke screw it lol

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

daniETingles
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSmokeX64 View Post
Their link is broke screw it lol

can anyone confirm this? the link i posted above and the download link in the OP are both working for me, so i don't know what's going on.
Device: HTC One
Permanent Root/S-OFF: Yes
ROM: InsertCoin SixthSense
Secondary ROM: Sinless GPE
Case: Grey/Black Double Dip

Click the thanks button if I've helped in any way!

LiquidSmokeX64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239
I say with everything that's broken what's the point anyway? Why not wait for it to be more stabile

khamsakamal48
Old
(Last edited by khamsakamal48; 24th April 2012 at 09:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 480

DONATE TO ME
Talking MIUI v 2.4.6 for HTC Droid Incredible 2

If you have ever browsed over miui.us then you must have noticed that the last working build for HTC Droid Incredible 2 is either MIUIv1.12.30 or MIUIv1.12.9, but if you browse on

goo.im->miui->vivow

then there are further versions for our device. Hence i downloaded the second last version MIUI v 2.4.6 & I am confirming after using it for a week that it works awesome & flawlessly in GSM.
To make it work on GSM, Download “MIUI.us_vivow_2.4.6_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_buildbot. zip” from goo.im &
flash the rom & while it boots for the first time u will notice that 'phone.process.com' fc's..so dont panic just connect your mobile to PC & type the following commands-
> adb shell
# su
# sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'update secure set value="1" where name="preferred_network_mode"'
# reboot

After the phone reboots, the Force Closes stops, next step is –
Dial *#*#4636#*#* to get into test mode
Go to Phone Information > Set preferred network type: GSM only
Now again connect your mobile to PC & again type the following commands in ADB-
> adb shell
# su
# sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'update secure set value="1" where name="preferred_network_mode"'
# reboot

Now GSM works & enjoy the latest version of MIUI for our device.

& yeah if you switch off the phone/reboot...then you are lost in No service mode forever!
I tried wiping caches, but that didn't help!
So, in order to avoid it, before rebooting/switching off the phone, Turn on the Airplane Mode & let the aeroplane icon appear in your status bar.....& now you may either reboot/switch off the phone!
After switching your phone on...just turn off the Airplane mode...and you start receiving signal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razerz View Post
Dude Can u post the link from where you downloaded the Rom. And i know it works for Inc S, But for Inc 2? Wow pls forward the link here Dude. I tried Inc HD, Zeus, MiUi And liquid and of all the 4 zeus gives gsm completely. Liquid partially ( thpough weird) provides Gsm.
The Following User Says Thank You to khamsakamal48 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 17053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniETingles View Post
try this out guys, a new sense 4 rom for us that supposedly has gsm support, post your results!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1610962
it doesnt support gsm...

i dont like to badmouth or flame other developers (i use developers loosely) but i dont think those guys really know what theyre doing

my best guess is they took virtuous primadonna, and found proxusers sense 4 port guide, and just mixed some stuff up

i know a lot of people like the aroma installer's gui, which is catchy so it that seems like a plus for the rom (i dont use it because its still buggy and doesnt always flash add ons correctly)

these guys dont seem to know anything about the inc2 or cdma phones in general...they just "support" the inc2 because the files where in the primadonna zip...and since the virt guys didnt get a chance to fix inc2 stuff in their rom, its not working in this one

they rationalize gsm data is working because its a port of a gsm rom: false, changes to make it work with cdma only breaks gsm (unless you mod it along the lines of mikrunny like newt did)

their bugs list is wrong in regards to this phone:

Quote:
Bugs:
WiFi tethering
Camera
Games like Temple Run
those may be the only bugs on the particular phones they have to test on, but not this phone:

additional bugs:

Quote:
soft key lights
wifi
usb mount
mms
lack of english us as option
settings set for metric/intl
and im sure there are others
and data was originally broken until i told them what to change to get it working

i only bring this little "rant" up because the impression that their op gives, is that their rom is more functional than opensense, and its not at all...they are supporting this device w/o one in hand, and without any real experience...this isnt a jealously post (im the last person who will ever say only run *my* roms) but one of irritation
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LiquidSmokeX64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamsakamal48 View Post
If you have ever browsed over miui.us then you must have noticed that the last working build for HTC Droid Incredible 2 is either MIUIv1.12.30 or MIUIv1.12.9, but if you browse on

goo.im->miui->vivow

then there are further versions for our device. Hence i downloaded the second last version MIUI v 2.4.6 & I am confirming after using it for a week that it works awesome & flawlessly in GSM.
To make it work on GSM, Download “MIUI.us_vivow_2.4.6_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_buildbot. zip” from goo.im &
flash the rom & while it boots for the first time u will notice that 'phone.process.com' fc's..so dont panic just connect your mobile to PC & type the following commands-
> adb shell
# su
# reboot

After the phone reboots, the Force Closes stops, next step is –
Dial *#*#4636#*#* to get into test mode
Go to Phone Information > Set preferred network type: GSM only
Now again connect your mobile to PC & again type the following commands in ADB-
> adb shell
# su
# reboot

Now GSM works & enjoy the latest version of MIUI for our device.
Side, now that's sweet. I've wanted an updated MIUI for awhile

Tags
gsm roms help