Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,240 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which ROM did you install?
Kin3tix 25 14.62%
Eclipse 121 70.76%
Liberty 25 14.62%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

[GUIDE][N00B]Step-By-Step ROOT/Update/ROM Instructions + 902 Update Info (5/18/12)

Tip us?

Drunkula
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I used Motofail without problem the other day.

Tucknology
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedGoodies View Post
Clicked on the provided link for the .902 update and can't access it. Dropbox gives a 401 error: link is expired or inactive. It's the 901 -> 902 file. Anyone know where I can get it?
Link is (finally) fixed. Enjoy.

pappy53
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I rooted and installed Eclipse yesterday. I would like to return to bone stock. I have RSD Lite installed. What else do I need and where do I find them (that is not a bad link)? I was on the official .902 update. Thanks for any help!

BTW: I am using Safestrap. I went to my unsafe system(stock), and now it won't let me back to Eclipse. I says that it cannot restore data.

Tucknology
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
I rooted and installed Eclipse yesterday. I would like to return to bone stock. I have RSD Lite installed. What else do I need and where do I find them (that is not a bad link)? I was on the official .902 update. Thanks for any help!

BTW: I am using Safestrap. I went to my unsafe system(stock), and now it won't let me back to Eclipse. I says that it cannot restore data.
Pappy: Occasionally Eclipse doesn't play nice with Safestrap. Did you use Quick Toggle? That will create problems. Anyway, I recommend you use the Pathsaver script in the OP to restore. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tucknology For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nobe1976
Old
Thanks Meter 546
I have to say this this is absolutely the best guide to get this phone rooted and customised. Got my Bionic on Monday and after a little bit of light reading on these forums I now have a rooted stock system and with Safestrap I have a system that I can mess around with. Thank You for this Guide. Much appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to nobe1976 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Davequinn2
Old
(Last edited by Davequinn2; 23rd April 2012 at 01:55 AM.) Reason: found what i needed
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help ... soft bricked

hi ... tried to flash the new google apps update ... but didn't wipe dev cache (i think that was the problem anyway) stuck in bootloop ... can get to fastboot, but need file for RSDlite ... none of the links seem to work for the files ... thankx in advance

well, tried to post a link to the 902 fxz that i found, but won't let me cuz i'm not a frequent user ... but found it at rootzwiki.com/topic/21448-link-to-902-fxz-file/

hope it helps someone else

mouton2003
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

While I am a n00b to this community that is only because I typically do a lot of research before I make any changes and then leave it alone once it works.

When I first received my Bionic on 893 I used Pete's tools to root it. That worked perfect. Now I need to update to the latest code and re-root it. In your Guide you mention that the device must be 'stock', to verify my device is stock I attempted to update it OTA but it failed. I have no ROMs or anything of that nature installed. What is the best course of action to get my Bionic to stock so that I can update to 902 and install SafeStrap while not losing my data/apps?

Thank you.

spooner2007
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default Amazing

Thanks for this walkthrough... I have been breaking my phone many a times, without this i woulda had to pay $100 to get a new one

Many many many thanks!

eye__dea
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouton2003 View Post
Hello,

While I am a n00b to this community that is only because I typically do a lot of research before I make any changes and then leave it alone once it works.

When I first received my Bionic on 893 I used Pete's tools to root it. That worked perfect. Now I need to update to the latest code and re-root it. In your Guide you mention that the device must be 'stock', to verify my device is stock I attempted to update it OTA but it failed. I have no ROMs or anything of that nature installed. What is the best course of action to get my Bionic to stock so that I can update to 902 and install SafeStrap while not losing my data/apps?

Thank you.
Have any verizon bloat frozen / deleted? This can cause OTAs to fail too.
The Following User Says Thank You to eye__dea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tucknology
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouton2003 View Post
Hello,

Thank you.
Try using the Pathsaver tool in the OP. Report back on how it goes. Also, eye__dea has good advice above.