Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trying to root friends phone

Tip us?

Hafford
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Trying to root friends phone

I am trying to root my buddies phone and I can't get temp-root. When I try to run the root.bat it will either get stuck in bootloader or I will get superuser permissions (#) but i still get permission denied. I type adb push misc_version /data/local/ and that works fine but then when I try to run adb shell /data/local/ -s 1.10.651.2 I get permission denied. I have tried to also run tacoroot and zergRush and all will give me su (#) but none with give me permission to change the misc_version? any help would be greatly appreciated!

laie1472
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Why are trying to temp root ?? It's pointless imo. Just root the normal way and make a backup/nandroid of your current rom and keep a copy on your SD and one on your pc/laptop

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

Hafford
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I am trying to temproot cause it is still on the hboot 1.50 s-on so i still need to downgrade it to hboot 1.40 so I can use revolutionary's root

closeone
Old
Thanks Meter 1,463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafford View Post
I am trying to temproot cause it is still on the hboot 1.50 s-on so i still need to downgrade it to hboot 1.40 so I can use revolutionary's root
You no longer need to TempRoot manually. Full downgrade instructions are in post #3 of the link in my signature or inside Unknownforce's thread. They should help speed things up immensely.

~co~

I am happy to help whenever I can.
If I make a mistake, I do sincerely apologize.

If I have helped you, let me know! It means a lot, and I love to hear it.

EVO 3D: HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit // Ultimate Recovery Tool[BOX] Live CD (Available in Post #3)
EVO 4G LTE: UR/EVO 4G LTE - A light Sense ROM with some small, unique twists.
The Following User Says Thank You to closeone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hafford
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by closeone View Post
You no longer need to TempRoot manually. Full downgrade instructions are in post #3 of the link in my signature or inside Unknownforce's thread. They should help speed things up immensely.

~co~
Thanks I was using the same method I had used when i rooted my phone.....you are the one who came up with the bootable cd aren't you? I appreciate all of the work you guys do. all of you guys are amazing. thanks for making it possible for us normal folks to get rooted phones!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hafford For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

closeone
Old
Thanks Meter 1,463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafford View Post
Thanks I was using the same method I had used when i rooted my phone.....you are the one who came up with the bootable cd aren't you? I appreciate all of the work you guys do. all of you guys are amazing. thanks for making it possible for us normal folks to get rooted phones!!!!!
Yes I am. Thanks Hafford. I appreciate the kind words a whole lot.

As always, a huge shoutout goes out to Unknownforce for making it possible to downgrade the EVO 3D CDMA.

~co~

I am happy to help whenever I can.
If I make a mistake, I do sincerely apologize.

If I have helped you, let me know! It means a lot, and I love to hear it.

EVO 3D: HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit // Ultimate Recovery Tool[BOX] Live CD (Available in Post #3)
EVO 4G LTE: UR/EVO 4G LTE - A light Sense ROM with some small, unique twists.
The Following User Says Thank You to closeone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

laie1472
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Would definitely recommend the downgrade method.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\
The Following User Says Thank You to laie1472 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hafford
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks guys i will definately give the new method a try

honorlost84
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Remember to update the radio. And fully activate the phone before flashing a Rom. And make sure the data works too. Saves headaches

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium