ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Desire S - Which ROM to install?

OP pjcra

17th April 2012, 09:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello,

I have a Desire S which is now s-off and rooted with the following specs:

bootloader = 2.00.2002
baseband = 3822.10.08.04_M
Main version = 2.10.110.8
Platform = HBOOT-7230
ModelID = PG88****
CIDnum = 11111111
bootloader = ebd3df7d

It has a t-mobile branding and qwerty keyboard in dutch. I want a ROM which is unbranded and which has a azerty keyboard and dutch.

Is subsequent ROM compatible with my specs and my wishes (unbranded and azerty keyboard and dutch) and will it normally install without a problem?

RUU_Saga_S_HTC_Europe_2.10.401.9_Radio_20.4801.30. 0822U_3822.10.0

Or do you know a better alternative ROM to install which suites my wishes?

Thanks for the feedback.
Last edited by pjcra; 17th April 2012 at 09:35 PM.
17th April 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Thanks Meter: 1,925

4,967 posts
More
Not sure about the keyboard but would always recommend the ROM that I'm on endymion (of you like sense, it's sense 3.5), see link in my signature

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim
20th April 2012, 11:51 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
Smile
I tried different roms on my desire s.

Gingerbread roms like bindroid, runnymed or miui are very stable an fast.

If you would like an ics rom, I would prefer the cyanogen mod 9 rom. It is the first ics rom where the camera, videocamera and panorama is working without any problems. It is very fast and stable.

To get a keyboard with dutch language I can suggest the SwiftKey X app that you can get at the google play store. With installation the app leads you to download the right language for your keyboard.
21st April 2012, 10:07 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 76

218 posts
More
Hi, I'm a noob. I recently made the move from stock GB and tried using a few different ROM's (Basic CM7, MIUI v4, Reaper V2.2 and some more). The only one which works for me without a flaw is Reaper, no issues there. All the rest, incl CM7 basic, give me a problem with the wifi (says error when I try to turn it on). I tried reinstalling, cleared/wiped all data, caches from clockwork - did all the steps, but still the same.

I love Reaper but was hoping to try out some more ROM's which might not give me issues with wifi. Any ideas?
23rd April 2012, 01:50 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Try rcmix runny rom, its the best sense rom I think. If you dont like sense, then cm7 must works for you. If not maybe you should try to flash another radio.
23rd April 2012, 02:10 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 76

218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaso

Try rcmix runny rom, its the best sense rom I think. If you dont like sense, then cm7 must works for you. If not maybe you should try to flash another radio.

Since my last post here, I tried CM9 Alpha ICS as suggested above by trumpetmichel and I have to say, no major issues so far. Thanks for your suggestion though.
Last edited by Guiding.God; 23rd April 2012 at 02:18 AM. Reason: missed a few words
23rd April 2012, 02:42 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Purgatory, Hades Cluster
Thanks Meter: 1,428

2,251 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaso

Endymion

Sent from a phone waiting for kernel v3. Wake up HTC!!
23rd April 2012, 12:09 PM   |  #8  
Flag berlin
Thanks Meter: 339

1,072 posts
More
Endymion.

Sent by my fingers to your head.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread