Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,422 Members 43,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][NC] Unofficial CM9 Nightly builds - with/without OpenGL

Tip us?

boomn
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
I use Dolphin browser and have my user agent set to desktop. That could be the difference.

When I download there, I get a countdown of 10 seconds followed by a pop-up asking if I want to download the file by name.
Yep, same here with Dolphin set to "Android" (the default UA)

DizzyDen
Old
Thanks Meter 563
nevermind... I had a moment.
Always remember...
YCGIYWG
(You Can't Get... If You Won't Give)
The Dizzy One

My humble contributions:
IMEI Generator
Customizing ROMs thread
To have devices added to IMEI Generator
IMEIme bug report thread

bornagainpenguin
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Okay, I gotta ask...

I'm currently running Eyeballer's build without opengl from 4/20 no other patches besides the softkey mod by leapinlar. My understanding is that flash doesn't work on the non-opengl versions of Cm9, correct? But I went ahead and installed it anyway from the market and hit up newgrounds.com, expecting a crash or something, but everything worked just fine! I'm using Opera if that matters?

I have a nandroid and am upgrading to the latest for the ability to have usb mass storage, but am hoping not to lose this unexpected ability to run flash on CM9.... I'll probably restore the current install if that happens.

I have to say that I am beyond amazed at how much better this is than the opengl builds.

Thanks!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 23rd April 2012 at 04:47 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,609

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin View Post
Okay, I gotta ask...

I'm currently running Eyeballer's build without opengl from 4/20 no other patches besides the softkey mod by leapinlar. My understanding is that flash doesn't work on the non-opengl versions of Cm9, correct? But I went ahead and installed it anyway from the market and hit up newgrounds.com, expecting a crash or something, but everything worked just fine! I'm using Opera if that matters?

I have a nandroid and am upgrading to the latest for the ability to have usb mass storage, but am hoping not to lose this unexpected ability to run flash on CM9.... I'll probably restore the current install if that happens.

I have to say that I am beyond amazed at how much better this is than the opengl builds.

Thanks!

I am running eyeballers 4/22 non-opengl and that site comes up but plays no videos (using Dolphin). It plays fine on CM7 and my Galaxy Tab with flash.

BTW, if you want the UMS to work on 4/22 and my softkey patch, you need to use my latest patch with it to get UMS.

Edit: I installed Opera Mini and tried and it still did not work. I then installed Opera Mobile and it played the videos. I think you have stumbled onto something great. I have a flash settings link from adobe that I tried and it worked also. Try this link:

http://settings.adobe.com/flashplayer/mobile

It opens and runs in Opera Mobile.
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bdcrim
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Okay, I gotta ask...

Thanks!

Opera has the capability of playing some flash content. It is the only browser I have found running non-opengl that plays some video. It is working on the 4/22 build for me as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to bdcrim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scottx .
Old
Thanks Meter 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJL View Post
On your browser freeze... Do you have "force gpu rendering" checked? If you do, you will get random/occaisional freeze.
Is that the cause of the freezes most of us experience? I went back to cm7 because the freezing was more than i could take.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
Google Nexus 5 (16gb, hammerhead (D820(H) (rev_11)))
Google Nexus 4 (16gb, mako (rev_11))
Google Nexus 7 (2013) (16gb, flo)
LG G2 (32gb, D-801)

M. Scott @ Google Play. (Zooper Skins)

stolenmoment
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballer View Post
The latest 4/22 builds posted include the option for UMS (cm7-like USB mass storage). It's in settings-storage-menu-usb computer connection.
Yep, worked great for me this morning. Wow, that's so much better than the alternatives!
Quote:
Thanks again to keyodi for his work on this
Will do!

bornagainpenguin
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
BTW, if you want the UMS to work on 4/22, you need to use my latest patch with it to get UMS.
Could I get a link to the patch? I am on the latest (AFAIK, will check if updated since last night) and the option is still greyed out for me. Or did you mean your phone GUI soft keys patch, because I'm already running that. Not sure if maybe I missed a post somewhere....

Thanks again.

leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 23rd April 2012 at 05:39 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,609

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Could I get a link to the patch? I am on the latest (AFAIK, will check if updated since last night) and the option is still greyed out for me. Or did you mean your phone GUI soft keys patch, because I'm already running that. Not sure if maybe I missed a post somewhere....

Thanks again.

Yes I meant my 4/22 softkey patch.

Thanks for the info about Opera Mobile running flash while still running non-opengl. Now the only thing I miss is Netflix with CM9. And that will come someday, I'm sure.

I like having the option of UMS on CM9 now. The only thing I did not like about MTP was certain files were hidden from you. It was like the newer Windows operating systems (XP and above) denying access to certain files and folders. Like we have to be protected from our own stupidity. I hate that! Not that we all can't do something stupid once in a while, I just don't like being dictated to and restricted like that. That's what the original root restrictions on android were for too.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bornagainpenguin
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Yes I meant my 4/22 softkey patch.

Thanks for the info about Opera Mobile running flash while still running non-opengl. Now the only thing I miss is Netflix with CM9. And that will come someday, I'm sure.
Huh. I ran the earlier version of the patch without noticing any issues. I guess I got lucky?

Glad the info about Opera Mobile was useful to you, sorry for not specifying the fact it was the mobile version I was talking about.

Haven't tested it out yet, but I'm happy to have UMS back again as well, seeing as how I mostly run Linux these days. I really don't understand why Google wants to throw away one of the better features of Android just to make it more difficult to use...

Tags
cm9, ics, nightly