XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW TO] linux native in sbk2 devices, purelinux and pseudo-dualboot methods

Tip us?

jrohwer
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaola View Post
do you have x86 or x86_64 system? have you read carefully? the binary provides are for x86

EDIT: I have abootimg for amd64 but you will have to compile blobpack

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60048492/abootimg-x86_64

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60048492/And...ls-feeab2e.zip
The abootimg dropbox link gives me a 404 error. Can you re upload the file or pm me a link? I need the 64 bit version. Thanks.

shaola
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrohwer View Post
The abootimg dropbox link gives me a 404 error. Can you re upload the file or pm me a link? I need the 64 bit version. Thanks.
sorry, i was/am busy getting married here you have it:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60048492/tra...bootimg-x86_64
The Following User Says Thank You to shaola For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrohwer
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaola View Post
sorry, i was/am busy getting married
Congratulations

jozka.1
Old
(Last edited by jozka.1; 17th April 2012 at 03:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 91
shaola: Please could you post the .config, which you used at compile kernel (2.6.36)?

THX

E: nothing, I got the .config from /proc/config.gz - begginer
Sorry for my english

bcd234
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I originally followed the instructions on page 1 and created a loopmounted image.

I was unable to resize the image, so I followed the steps to dual-boot from microSD.

I'm wondering if anyone would be able to provide me with instructions to remove the space in /internal storage/ which was used when I was trying to boot from a loopmounted image.

Thanks!

merjeu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Here we go ... I bricked my TF101 b80, I have used gparted for resize my partition, rebooted well but when I have shut down it, my tablet don't want to power on, it stay in black screen. But I can connect it in apx mode. Anyway to restart it ? or I have bricked my device.

rmaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by merjeu View Post
Here we go ... I bricked my TF101 b80, I have used gparted for resize my partition, rebooted well but when I have shut down it, my tablet don't want to power on, it stay in black screen. But I can connect it in apx mode. Anyway to restart it ? or I have bricked my device.
To my understanding, a b80 is sbk2, it there is no way to save it if you can't boot to android or CWM. How long have you had it? Maybe you can try to get it fixed under warranty. I know with mine, I am given a 90day warranty (refub), but I have never clicked through or agreed to any terms that might violate it, so I would assume if I bricked it, they should fix it. Especially since you could fix it myself if they would just give us the damn key. Anywho. Sorry, maybe someone else has a better idea, but messing with internal partitions on a sbk2 device would be some rather dangerous waters to play in. I only partition my SD and when I mess with building linux kernels I make damn sure I am double check my steps.

Nairbly
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Anyone able to access their internal storage from ubuntu while using the loop-mount setup? I have tried mounting the partition but it says it is already mounted to /media but the files are not accessible.

ssciberras
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Could not manage to do it yet.

I suspect that it is the root=./dev/loop that prevents it, but don't know how to get around it.

rmaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairbly View Post
Anyone able to access their internal storage from ubuntu while using the loop-mount setup? I have tried mounting the partition but it says it is already mounted to /media but the files are not accessible.
Easy greasy
mount -o bind /path/to/sd /path/to/dir/in/mounted/choot

Do this after you mount your partition or image, but before entering a chroot

Tags
linux, native, pseudo-dualboot, sbk2, ubuntu