Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 55,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[S-OFF] BLACKROSE (Custom HBOOT) [2012.04.21]

Tip us?

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1,768
Also, unless you are using MIUI, you don't even need to change the layout. I keep 220/16/200 for ICS/Sense/CM7 with no issues--
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

brandontamas
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by taodan View Post
You don't need to uninstall Blackrose to use Gingerbread ROMs. Just repartition your layout and flash via fastboot the customized partition.
ok but everytime i open blackrose its says cannot find files and quickly say hboot it corrupted and the phone boots but just stays at the nexus logo

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1,768
can you boot into bootloader then recovery---hold down pwr and trackball at same time

also do you use sdk to use fastboot commands?
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

brandontamas
Old
(Last edited by brandontamas; 22nd April 2012 at 11:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
can you boot into bootloader then recovery---hold down pwr and trackball at same time

also do you use sdk to use fastboot commands?
i can boot into bootloader and i think i do i dl all the sdk files and stuff.but when i click recovery it boots into fastboot thing

taodan
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontamas View Post
i can boot into bootloader and i think i do i dl all the sdk files and stuff.but when i click recovery it boots into fastboot thing
Someone also had a similar problem and here is the solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=424
DISCLAIMER: Click the button at your own risk! I am not responsible for your mistake.

~!~ Backup Phone: Nexus One ~!~
  • HBOOT: Latest Blackrose S-off
  • Recovery: Amon_RA v2.21
  • ROM: ICS AOKP Milestone 5
  • Kernel: Tiamat & Shaky156 ICS 03142012
  • SD Card: 16GB
~!~ Acer Iconia A500 Tablet ~!~
  • Recovery: CWM rev1.7 by Thor2002ro
  • ROM: CM10 JellyTime 4.1.2
  • Kernel: 2.6.39.4+
  • SD Card: 8GB

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1,768
Quote:
you probably lost recovery

if so, you will need to fastboot a new recovery thru android sdk

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img where recovery.img is exact name of recovery

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...Recovery_Image

don't need the stock recovery image in this case

but you do need to put the .img file in where you can change directory to it (cd), i do my android sdk tolls folder

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

hope taodan's method works first--

brandontamas
Old
Thanks Meter 19
well i tried both of your ways and they didnt work heres a pick of what im doing for both and what i get

taodan
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
well i tried both of your ways and they didnt work heres a pick of what im doing for both and what i get
Did you try to do adb devices and fastboot devices to see it recognizes your phone? If not, that means you have not installed ADB or fastboot. Download Android SDK and then install and set the environment for it to work and then try to do the blackrose again.
DISCLAIMER: Click the button at your own risk! I am not responsible for your mistake.

~!~ Backup Phone: Nexus One ~!~
  • HBOOT: Latest Blackrose S-off
  • Recovery: Amon_RA v2.21
  • ROM: ICS AOKP Milestone 5
  • Kernel: Tiamat & Shaky156 ICS 03142012
  • SD Card: 16GB
~!~ Acer Iconia A500 Tablet ~!~
  • Recovery: CWM rev1.7 by Thor2002ro
  • ROM: CM10 JellyTime 4.1.2
  • Kernel: 2.6.39.4+
  • SD Card: 8GB

brandontamas
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by taodan View Post
Did you try to do adb devices and fastboot devices to see it recognizes your phone? If not, that means you have not installed ADB or fastboot. Download Android SDK and then install and set the environment for it to work and then try to do the blackrose again.
Iguess i have it all installed it recognizes the phone.

rugmankc
Old
(Last edited by rugmankc; 23rd April 2012 at 02:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,768
well here is an sdk link and adb info

http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how...droid-devices/

i have tools not platform-tools depends on sdk version

my path is C:/ android/android-sdk-windows/tools yours may vary

so at command window when you first open it i type

cd/

cd android/android-sdk-windows/tools

then i type adb devices with phone just plugged in and not in fastboot, right after tools, not on a new line

or fastboot devices if phone is booted into fastboot bootloader

anyway to use adb you just plug phone into computer with usb debugging selected on phone, do not be booted into fastboot

to use fastboot you must be booted into fastboot mode--pwr and trackball pressed at same time and you are in fastboot

can you type fastboot devices while booted into fastboot mode and tell us what comes up on screen

if you are to that point you may need to fastboot a new hboot to get adb working

take the first two files and put them in your tools folder or wherever your fastboot.exe file is. you have to cd to that directory in command window first, then fastboot devices to make sure phone is recognized

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28338566/go2.lol

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28338566/hboot_blackrose.nb0

the go2.lol is BR dated 12/31/2011

after fastboot devices type:

Type fastboot boot go2.lol
Type fastboot flash hboot hboot_blackrose.nb0
Type fastboot reboot-bootloader to see if you have new hboot

it will be stock partition sizes 145/96/xxx

to change to ICS table size you dl below link to get hexeditor and use it to change to 220/16/200

to do that open the hexeditor and browse to where you have the above hboot_blackrose.nb0. then use the slider to change partition sizes

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28338566/SPL...tor_111006.exe

you can rename it hboot_brcust.nb0 to identify it as new hboot

you can always use hexeditor to check hboot file sizes before fastbooting it

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

@brandon

i edited above to fastboot reboot-bootloader