bottom buttons (light)

OP HawtDogFlvrWtr

23rd April 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Has anyone else noticed that the bottom lights on the phone only stay on for 5 seconds and then turn off even when screen is active? Its annoying as hell.
23rd April 2012, 01:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 22

113 posts
More
Most (if not all) phones with capacitive backlit buttons do this, to conserve battery life and reduce the amount of needless ambient light when doing things like reading and watching videos. There are only three of them and they're in the same place on every Windows phone handset, so it shouldn't be that hard to get used to, especially compared to an Android device.
23rd April 2012, 01:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Very true, but when a screen is turned sideways when watching said movie or reading, it takes a bit to discover what direction to turn the phone because you can't see the buttons. This is especially true when you have a case on the phone and the physical buttons aren't viewable. Just a comment and was curious if anyone knew how to keep them on while the screen was on. Obviously this is a windows thing but we curious. Like the phone otherwise.
23rd April 2012, 05:27 AM   |  #4  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 26

550 posts
More
Well actually it's a Nokia thing. My Surround lights always stayed on. They thought it would be good for the battery. Took a few days but I am used to it now.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
23rd April 2012, 05:52 AM   |  #5  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 1

83 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimski

Well actually it's a Nokia thing. My Surround lights always stayed on. They thought it would be good for the battery. Took a few days but I am used to it now.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Correction, its actually a Lumia 900 thing. My lumia 800's lights always lit up when the screen was on (as long as it was in auto mode)
23rd April 2012, 12:32 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Ok, so mixed reviews. Is it driving anyone else mad? It sounds like my previous comment about it being windows was incorrect. It appears to be a firmware issue.
23rd April 2012, 01:10 PM   |  #7  
Flag Northwest CT
Thanks Meter: 4

39 posts
More
I have noticed they don't stay on very long. It is sometimes annoying. If they could just have them lit up for a little while longer it would be very helpful.
I don't need them on constantly.

Also, I had a Lumia 800 for a while and those buttons would stay lit for a lot longer until Nokia pushed out an update and one of the things they changed was a shorter time for those buttons to stay lit and I couldn't figure out why because it was so much better before that.
Last edited by LordGreylock; 23rd April 2012 at 01:16 PM.
23rd April 2012, 01:11 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

66 posts
Drives me crazy too. Might as well not have the lights at all - forever missing the spot and hitting the screen multiple times to register. At least make the dead space around the back arrow register as "light up"!
23rd April 2012, 01:14 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Ok, at least in not the only one. I am probably going to contact Nokia about it. But obviously that will do nothing. ohwell, I guess it's something I will have to deal with.
23rd April 2012, 02:47 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
If anyone would like to vote for this change, you can go here.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...-on-while-scre

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread