Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 8gb over 16gb

OP grrmisfit

22nd April 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
st. louis
Thanks Meter: 23

218 posts
More
so my nook color went belly up on me.. my geek squad warranty got me a full replacement or exchange for an upgrade. so i took upgrade.. but i did little to no research as i had expected them to just fix it.. so asking the sales rep when isaw the tablets i asked " whats the diff from the 8gb to 16gb" his reply "storage space" .. now i come home head to xda only to find out theres a ram difference.. question is.. is there a huge difference in the ram usage? do any android apps really need more then 512 ram? or should i just fork over the extra 50 bucks and get the 16gb
22nd April 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag it never rains here
Thanks Meter: 117

546 posts
my two cents worth, pay the fifty to get the sixteen . . .
22nd April 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 321

1,279 posts
More
If you ask me, the extra $50 is worth it. You have double the storage and double the RAM. In addition, development on the 16GB model is further along and you'd have more choices of ROMs and get better support if you're stuck. This is just my opinion though.
22nd April 2012, 06:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 317

1,049 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar.Plexus

If you ask me, the extra $50 is worth it. You have double the storage and double the RAM. In addition, development on the 16GB model is further along and you'd have more choices of ROMs and get better support if you're stuck. This is just my opinion though.

+1 to this
22nd April 2012, 08:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
st. louis

218 posts
More
just left best buy with my new 16gb lol.. 73 bucks more including an anything goes warranty
22nd April 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #6  
Flag it never rains here

546 posts
twenty four bucks for 'peace of mind', aye. . well you'll sleep better at night. . but the h/w and construction seems to be 'very good' quality.
i've had mine for five months, so now i want to crack it open and see what's inside ! . it's a curse having the curiosity of a little kid... ( still )
22nd April 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #7  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 147

351 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_fart

twenty four bucks for 'peace of mind', aye. . well you'll sleep better at night. . but the h/w and construction seems to be 'very good' quality.
i've had mine for five months, so now i want to crack it open and see what's inside ! . it's a curse having the curiosity of a little kid... ( still )

Watch Adam's video cracking it open the XDA way. It was very well made and took the curiousity from the cat....atleast for me it did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA1vQiDW9Ms
23rd April 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #8  
Flag it never rains here

546 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmjohnsonfse

Watch Adam's video cracking it open the XDA way. It was very well made and took the curiousity from the cat....atleast for me it did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA1vQiDW9Ms

yeah, very cool, and what ARE THOSE mystery connectors and chip pads on the circuit board ? ? ? . hmmm, can we wire in a gps & bluetooth chip for ourselves ? ? ? . . i'm game !
and the first half of the video is blurry on purpose to protect himself from the nook lawyers ? ? ? . . . . . you know the joke about sharks and lawyers, right ?
23rd April 2012, 02:59 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
st. louis

218 posts
More
im using the same sd card loaded cm7 so i havent even gone into the registering process on it. should i register it with BN or just take it to BN have them repartition it and flash away>?
23rd April 2012, 03:33 AM   |  #10  
Flag it never rains here

546 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrmisfit

should i register it with BN

always register your stuff. . that way, they get to spam you for the rest of your life. no, seriously, its for the warantee, right ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrmisfit

or just take it to BN have them repartition it and flash away>?

i am sorry... i don't understand what you said...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread