Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[STOCK KERNEL][NOV20] guestekrnL v2.2.1 | stable, smooth [VIBRO- &RAMHACK] [AROMA]

Tip us?

Ferrum Master
Old
Thanks Meter 272
I forgot to add. That I set freqs for second core in manner that both cores are always running at slightest load using trym's OC app for better score and more objective comparsment. Due to differences in stock core ramping between kernels.

Yeah I know how to attain more. But for this test both environments were same fresh installed DM 1.3Beta.

The next thing... I could also put up quadrant score, there the 200Mhz gain gives the lead to spica. Quadrant is way to unstable for benches anyways...
But for now perfomance crown is yours, let us see about power department in the morning. And thanks for your work Stefan, and Spica too... competition is always welcome.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Ferrum Master For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TrymHansen
Old
Thanks Meter 964
According to your screenshots, the 1.4 kernel is slightly faster at everything except floating point math, where gustekrnL wins by a lot. Could have been a fluke of course, but I guess different compilation flags can account for this. (If dalvik-apps even use anything of the kernel when doing math, I honestly don't know.)
::Trym - Maker of Gemi, GuesteOC, Myrt OTF, Myrt Torture Tester & LG RIL Version.

The only thing keeping me sane is my collection of singing potatoes.

Stefan Gündhör
Old
(Last edited by Stefan Gündhör; 22nd April 2012 at 11:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5164

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrymHansen View Post
According to your screenshots, the 1.4 kernel is slightly faster at everything except floating point math, where gustekrnL wins by a lot. Could have been a fluke of course, but I guess different compilation flags can account for this. (If dalvik-apps even use anything of the kernel when doing math, I honestly don't know.)
In the screenshots spica kernel is running at 1,4 GHz and still 350 points lower than mine @1,2 GHz. This has to be a bug in HP kernel, as @1,4 GHz you should usually be able to score around 7000 points and not around 6000.

However, comparing scores run at different freqs makes no sense anyway and honestly what I care most about is smoothness not benchmarks.

Edit: But of couse still thx for comparing as this can be helpful to other users
LG O2X @ GoodBye v2.0R
+ guestekrnL v2.2.1
"Fische, die nur mit dem Strom
schwimmen, sind tot."

TrymHansen
Old
Thanks Meter 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Gündhör View Post
In the screenshots spica kernel is running at 1,4 GHz and still 350 points lower than mine @1,2 GHz. This has to be a bug in HP kernel, as @1,4 GHz you should usually be able to score around 7000 points and not around 6000.
Yeah, I know, I noted that the 1.4Ghz kernel was slightly faster than the 1.2Ghz kernel, which you would expect, in everything except floating point math. That result sticks out, and is also attached a lot of weight-points in Antutu.
Quote:
However, comparing scores run at different freqs makes no sense anyway and honestly what I care most about is smoothness not benchmarks.
Agreed.

Good work on the latest, no sign of scaling bug. (Even at a polling interval of 10ms there's no sign of it, so I think we can safely say it's gone.)

Haven't had a chance to test it much yet, but as of now it looks like this is the kernel you wanted to make. Congrats.
::Trym - Maker of Gemi, GuesteOC, Myrt OTF, Myrt Torture Tester & LG RIL Version.

The Following User Says Thank You to TrymHansen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stefan Gündhör
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5164

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Good work on the latest, no sign of scaling bug. (Even at a polling interval of 10ms there's no sign of it, so I think we can safely say it's gone.)

Haven't had a chance to test it much yet, but as of now it looks like this is the kernel you wanted to make. Congrats.
Thank you Trym Hopefully it is, I really hope so... Then I could upload it as final (with latest GuesteOC and OC up to 1,3, 1,4 or 1,5 GHz -- not decided yet) and finally find some time to update my two ROMs (GoodBye 1.1 and gueste2x v3.2).
LG O2X @ GoodBye v2.0R
+ guestekrnL v2.2.1
"Fische, die nur mit dem Strom
schwimmen, sind tot."
The Following User Says Thank You to Stefan Gündhör For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asrhael
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hi Dev, your kernel is a good alternative to the stock one..I noticed the stock kernel has a bug with the cpu/touch screen interacions (high usage ~70% just when hold the finger in the screen).

Your kernel Don't have that bug, and provide me a very responsive cellphone, butttt...I have a doubt with the embebbed GuesteOC (2.0.3 by Myrt). When I change the values from "Led brightness, Min/Max freq, etc" that values never applied in my 2.3.4 GB (v20H Indian), and when I configure it and then restart the app, that show me only the defaults values.

SetCPU is not present in my O2x so, why can't I change and tweak your kernel in my p990?.

Best regards,
asrhael

TrymHansen
Old
(Last edited by TrymHansen; 23rd April 2012 at 01:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrhael View Post
Hi Dev, your kernel is a good alternative to the stock one..I noticed the stock kernel has a bug with the cpu/touch screen interacions (high usage ~70% just when hold the finger in the screen).

Your kernel Don't have that bug, and provide me a very responsive cellphone, butttt...I have a doubt with the embebbed GuesteOC (2.0.3 by Myrt). When I change the values from "Led brightness, Min/Max freq, etc" that values never applied in my 2.3.4 GB (v20H Indian), and when I configure it and then restart the app, that show me only the defaults values.

SetCPU is not present in my O2x so, why can't I change and tweak your kernel in my p990?.

Best regards,
asrhael
This is because you don't have working init.d - in other words support for startup-scripts. They not only restore the values, but also set the permissions for various files so that the app can work.

You can solve this by 1) First installing guestekrnL 1.6, which came with init.d support, and 2) install guestekrnL 1.6.2 again - OR - install Spica PowerPack, which also enables init.d. 1) and 2) is the cleaner option, it will not install anything you don't need.

(Stefaaaaan: Why the heck did you stop making a boot-image with init.d? ;))

The Following User Says Thank You to TrymHansen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asrhael
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Dude...you're a genius man!, install 1st the 1.6 version then 1.6.1 solved my problem, the init.d was successfully created (not necessary to reboot between zip flash).

Thanks man...now everything is configurable.

Quote:
This is because you don't have working init.d - in other words support for startup-scripts. They not only restore the values, but also set the permissions for various files so that the app can work.

You can solve this by 1) First installing guestekrnL 1.6, which came with init.d support, and 2) install guestekrnL 1.6.2 again - OR - install Spica PowerPack, which also enables init.d. 1) and 2) is the cleaner option, it will not install anything you don't need.

(Stefaaaaan: Why the heck did you stop making a boot-image with init.d? ;))

carburano
Old
Thanks Meter 6216

DONATE TO ME
Really a rocket-kernel!
But maybe you forgot voodoo support...
Btw thanks friend

Sent from DjangoManouche!
My contribution to XDA:

2009 XOR Morna for HTC Diamond
2012/2013 DjangoManouche/ DMX with KingOfBirds Kernel for LG O2X

Follow me on Twitter: @Francesco80m

If you like my work please press thanks and consider to buy me a beer HERE!
or DONATE TO "EMERGENCY" (To help war victims) HERE

vpaulve
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Trying 1.6.2: no BSOD, no reboot, very smooth, excellent!

Enviado desde mi LG-P990 usando Tapatalk