Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 47,905 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF

Tip us?

mrmako777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinitial21 View Post
does this mean we DO NOT have to unlock bootloader now since we can s-off?
correct
Google Nexus 5 :: Stock 4.4.4 (rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S III :: Stock 4.3 (rooted)
HTC Amaze 4G (S-OFF) :: Retired
Motorola Xoom (GED) :: Retired
HTC Mytouch 4G :: Retired
Motorola Milestone XT720 :: Retired

Check out my auctions on eBay

Follow me on tumblr.

dmunseyautotech
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Since having S-off I went to install another rom and could not get my phone to boot up. After finally using adb to wipe device and all partition I had to also use adb to re-install recovery. I have tried to flash every rom on here without success using cwm and ext 4 recovery. I'm not a noob and am very experienced in adb and can not get my phone past the HTC screen nomatter what I do. Anyone else in the same boat.
Sprint Galaxy Nexus
Unlocked
Rom:ACS Jelly Bean 4.1

HTC Amaze
Rom: Bulletproof
HTC Unlocked and Impatiently waiting for S-off

HTC MyTouch 4g
Rom: Virtuous
Ultimate S-off, Perm root, Engineering bootloader

HTC Sensation 4g
Rom: The one and only Android Revolution
S-off, And everything else

HTC Evo View 4G
Clevername Rom with 1.8 overclock kernel

hasoon2000
Old
Thanks Meter 9,137

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunseyautotech View Post
Since having S-off I went to install another rom and could not get my phone to boot up. After finally using adb to wipe device and all partition I had to also use adb to re-install recovery. I have tried to flash every rom on here without success using cwm and ext 4 recovery. I'm not a noob and am very experienced in adb and can not get my phone past the HTC screen nomatter what I do. Anyone else in the same boat.
Try and flash a kernel in fastboot after flashing a ROM.
* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *
* QX Series ROMs: Dinc4GLTE / One X+ *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!

Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

Not only do we Google you, we read your emails, too! <-- Article

"Something can scar you, but do not let it define you."

electronicrice
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777 View Post
correct
Incorrect. The first prerequisite on the instructions says "Be unlocked using the HTCdev bootloader unlock"
HTC One M8
Stock 4.4.2
Nexus 5
Stock 4.4.2 rooted
Nexus 7
Stock 4.4.2
Follow me on
---------

jcorv58
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
I'll PM you
Who needs sleep when we have s-off, right? I went ahead and did it anyway, success after about 5 tries. Thanks again for sending the file. Anyone else accidentally slip and trigger the flash? Lol, I thought maybe I had a stroke at that point everything seems to be working still, although I get slow startup with sense now...?

2kwic25
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1612451 instead of adb worked for me after i got s-off and couldnt boot or flash the kernal as hassoon said

mrmako777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
Incorrect. The first prerequisite on the instructions says "Be unlocked using the HTCdev bootloader unlock"
Once you have s-off, you DO NOT need an unlocked bootloader. Maybe I misunderstood the way he presented the question...or maybe you did. Either way, you don't need an unlocked bootloader if you have s-off
Google Nexus 5 :: Stock 4.4.4 (rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S III :: Stock 4.3 (rooted)
HTC Amaze 4G (S-OFF) :: Retired
Motorola Xoom (GED) :: Retired
HTC Mytouch 4G :: Retired
Motorola Milestone XT720 :: Retired

Check out my auctions on eBay

Follow me on tumblr.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmako777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dmunseyautotech
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I have tried all of the above....even before I posted. Somethings not right. Never had problems like this. I have flashed the hell out of over twenty phones hundred of times. Can't get it to boot. Should have left it alone S-on was actually not that big a deal it worked then.
Sprint Galaxy Nexus
Unlocked
Rom:ACS Jelly Bean 4.1

HTC Amaze
Rom: Bulletproof
HTC Unlocked and Impatiently waiting for S-off

HTC MyTouch 4g
Rom: Virtuous
Ultimate S-off, Perm root, Engineering bootloader

HTC Sensation 4g
Rom: The one and only Android Revolution
S-off, And everything else

HTC Evo View 4G
Clevername Rom with 1.8 overclock kernel

electronicrice
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777 View Post
Once you have s-off, you DO NOT need an unlocked bootloader. Maybe I misunderstood the way he presented the question...or maybe you did. Either way, you don't need an unlocked bootloader if you have s-off
Well obviously you don't need to unlock the bootloader again once you have S-Off, but it must be done first in order to use Control Bear. The way I read it was that instead of unlocking the bootloader through HTCDev, could he just bypass that and go straight to S-Off. And my reply was that no, you need to unlock the bootloader first in order to S-Off the device.

Anyway, I don't really care, was just trying to correct any misunderstanding.
HTC One M8
Stock 4.4.2
Nexus 5
Stock 4.4.2 rooted
Nexus 7
Stock 4.4.2
Follow me on
---------

hyperkamote
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
I have tried all of the above....even before I posted. Somethings not right. Never had problems like this. I have flashed the hell out of over twenty phones hundred of times. Can't get it to boot. Should have left it alone S-on was actually not that big a deal it worked then.
Read my previous Post here.. Happened exactly the same, just try to flash other roms and recovery combination.. for mine what i did is using Mike's ROM version 1.1.0 and the official Clockwork by Kush.. recover my phone for not booting... just make sure have a plenty of charge since Kush's recovery have a broken charging while off..
Stupidity Isn't Painful.... =)

Tags
amaze s-off
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe