FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF

1,436 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,054

By globatron, Retired Recognized Developer on 21st April 2012, 10:31 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd April 2012, 01:58 AM |#181  
Recognized Contributor
dragging knee on the track

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinitial21

does this mean we DO NOT have to unlock bootloader now since we can s-off?

correct

23rd April 2012, 02:01 AM |#182  
Flag Greenville,S.C.
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Since having S-off I went to install another rom and could not get my phone to boot up. After finally using adb to wipe device and all partition I had to also use adb to re-install recovery. I have tried to flash every rom on here without success using cwm and ext 4 recovery. I'm not a noob and am very experienced in adb and can not get my phone past the HTC screen nomatter what I do. Anyone else in the same boat.
23rd April 2012, 02:10 AM |#183  
Flag Orland Park, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 9,420

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunseyautotech

Since having S-off I went to install another rom and could not get my phone to boot up. After finally using adb to wipe device and all partition I had to also use adb to re-install recovery. I have tried to flash every rom on here without success using cwm and ext 4 recovery. I'm not a noob and am very experienced in adb and can not get my phone past the HTC screen nomatter what I do. Anyone else in the same boat.

Try and flash a kernel in fastboot after flashing a ROM.
23rd April 2012, 02:14 AM |#184  
Flag Chandler, AZ
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777

correct

Incorrect. The first prerequisite on the instructions says "Be unlocked using the HTCdev bootloader unlock"
23rd April 2012, 02:21 AM |#185  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice

I'll PM you

Who needs sleep when we have s-off, right? I went ahead and did it anyway, success after about 5 tries. Thanks again for sending the file. Anyone else accidentally slip and trigger the flash? Lol, I thought maybe I had a stroke at that point everything seems to be working still, although I get slow startup with sense now...?
23rd April 2012, 02:21 AM |#186  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:

try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1612451 instead of adb worked for me after i got s-off and couldnt boot or flash the kernal as hassoon said
23rd April 2012, 02:51 AM |#187  
Recognized Contributor
dragging knee on the track

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice

Incorrect. The first prerequisite on the instructions says "Be unlocked using the HTCdev bootloader unlock"

Once you have s-off, you DO NOT need an unlocked bootloader. Maybe I misunderstood the way he presented the question...or maybe you did. Either way, you don't need an unlocked bootloader if you have s-off
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmako777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 02:53 AM |#188  
Flag Greenville,S.C.
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I have tried all of the above....even before I posted. Somethings not right. Never had problems like this. I have flashed the hell out of over twenty phones hundred of times. Can't get it to boot. Should have left it alone S-on was actually not that big a deal it worked then.
23rd April 2012, 03:06 AM |#189  
Flag Chandler, AZ
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777

Once you have s-off, you DO NOT need an unlocked bootloader. Maybe I misunderstood the way he presented the question...or maybe you did. Either way, you don't need an unlocked bootloader if you have s-off

Well obviously you don't need to unlock the bootloader again once you have S-Off, but it must be done first in order to use Control Bear. The way I read it was that instead of unlocking the bootloader through HTCDev, could he just bypass that and go straight to S-Off. And my reply was that no, you need to unlock the bootloader first in order to S-Off the device.

Anyway, I don't really care, was just trying to correct any misunderstanding.
23rd April 2012, 03:10 AM |#190  
Flag Binan
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

I have tried all of the above....even before I posted. Somethings not right. Never had problems like this. I have flashed the hell out of over twenty phones hundred of times. Can't get it to boot. Should have left it alone S-on was actually not that big a deal it worked then.

Read my previous Post here.. Happened exactly the same, just try to flash other roms and recovery combination.. for mine what i did is using Mike's ROM version 1.1.0 and the official Clockwork by Kush.. recover my phone for not booting... just make sure have a plenty of charge since Kush's recovery have a broken charging while off..
23rd April 2012, 03:15 AM |#191  
Flag Saint Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:

What version of 4EXT have you used to try this? You tried what hasoon suggested (rebooting to bootloader after flashing rom and using the kernel flasher from PC)? What kind of "wire" did you use when getting S-OFF?

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amaze s-off
Previous Thread Next Thread