23rd April 2012, 02:58 AM   |  #181  
Recognized Contributor
dragging knee on the track
Thanks Meter: 2,051

1,639 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinitial21

does this mean we DO NOT have to unlock bootloader now since we can s-off?

correct
23rd April 2012, 03:01 AM   |  #182  
Flag Greenville,S.C.
Thanks Meter: 23

132 posts
More
Since having S-off I went to install another rom and could not get my phone to boot up. After finally using adb to wipe device and all partition I had to also use adb to re-install recovery. I have tried to flash every rom on here without success using cwm and ext 4 recovery. I'm not a noob and am very experienced in adb and can not get my phone past the HTC screen nomatter what I do. Anyone else in the same boat.
23rd April 2012, 03:10 AM   |  #183  
Flag Orland Park, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 9,251

3,514 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmunseyautotech

Since having S-off I went to install another rom and could not get my phone to boot up. After finally using adb to wipe device and all partition I had to also use adb to re-install recovery. I have tried to flash every rom on here without success using cwm and ext 4 recovery. I'm not a noob and am very experienced in adb and can not get my phone past the HTC screen nomatter what I do. Anyone else in the same boat.

Try and flash a kernel in fastboot after flashing a ROM.
23rd April 2012, 03:14 AM   |  #184  
Flag Chandler, AZ
Thanks Meter: 216

262 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777

correct

Incorrect. The first prerequisite on the instructions says "Be unlocked using the HTCdev bootloader unlock"
23rd April 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #185  
Thanks Meter: 49

224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice

I'll PM you

Who needs sleep when we have s-off, right? I went ahead and did it anyway, success after about 5 tries. Thanks again for sending the file. Anyone else accidentally slip and trigger the flash? Lol, I thought maybe I had a stroke at that point everything seems to be working still, although I get slow startup with sense now...?
23rd April 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #186  
Thanks Meter: 43

190 posts
Quote:

try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1612451 instead of adb worked for me after i got s-off and couldnt boot or flash the kernal as hassoon said
23rd April 2012, 03:51 AM   |  #187  
Recognized Contributor
dragging knee on the track
Thanks Meter: 2,051

1,639 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice

Incorrect. The first prerequisite on the instructions says "Be unlocked using the HTCdev bootloader unlock"

Once you have s-off, you DO NOT need an unlocked bootloader. Maybe I misunderstood the way he presented the question...or maybe you did. Either way, you don't need an unlocked bootloader if you have s-off
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmako777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 03:53 AM   |  #188  
Flag Greenville,S.C.
Thanks Meter: 23

132 posts
More
I have tried all of the above....even before I posted. Somethings not right. Never had problems like this. I have flashed the hell out of over twenty phones hundred of times. Can't get it to boot. Should have left it alone S-on was actually not that big a deal it worked then.
23rd April 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #189  
Flag Chandler, AZ
Thanks Meter: 216

262 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777

Once you have s-off, you DO NOT need an unlocked bootloader. Maybe I misunderstood the way he presented the question...or maybe you did. Either way, you don't need an unlocked bootloader if you have s-off

Well obviously you don't need to unlock the bootloader again once you have S-Off, but it must be done first in order to use Control Bear. The way I read it was that instead of unlocking the bootloader through HTCDev, could he just bypass that and go straight to S-Off. And my reply was that no, you need to unlock the bootloader first in order to S-Off the device.

Anyway, I don't really care, was just trying to correct any misunderstanding.
23rd April 2012, 04:10 AM   |  #190  
Flag Binan
Thanks Meter: 30

203 posts
More
Quote:

I have tried all of the above....even before I posted. Somethings not right. Never had problems like this. I have flashed the hell out of over twenty phones hundred of times. Can't get it to boot. Should have left it alone S-on was actually not that big a deal it worked then.

Read my previous Post here.. Happened exactly the same, just try to flash other roms and recovery combination.. for mine what i did is using Mike's ROM version 1.1.0 and the official Clockwork by Kush.. recover my phone for not booting... just make sure have a plenty of charge since Kush's recovery have a broken charging while off..

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amaze s-off
Previous Thread Next Thread