FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[KERNEL][ARC/ARC S]ArcKnight Kernel_4 (ICS)/ Update October 29th!!

1,503 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,170
 
By jimbo77, Recognized Contributor on 13th April 2012, 04:36 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st April 2012, 04:16 PM |#141  
jimbo77's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 2,170
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomed151

This is currently my daily kernel. It's rock solid so far.
Tested with official ICS and MIUI 2.4.13 and 2.4.20. No issues.
Still haven't tested WiFi tethering tho

Thanks for support doomed! ... The Wifi Hotspot it's still not working but i think I have an idea what the issue is... yesterday I was able to collect some info from logcat running from adb and the problem seems to be with IPV6 protocol.

If you have no network enabled (No 3G for example) you can easily turn on and off the Wifi/usb Tethering, but once data is active the phone freezes and reboots when trying to use both Wifi or USB tethering... I'm gonna take a look at FXP's sources for both IPV4 & IPV6 protocols and see if my sources are corrupted somehow...

@ALL: I'm having a hard time trying to compile my own custom recovery, i already have the scripting, UI and extended commands programmed but it refuses to compile . I'm gonna give it a try by next week since this weekend I'll be kinda busy with my wife and child .

Have a nice Weekend everyone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimbo77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
22nd April 2012, 11:26 AM |#142  
ascariz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
i absolutely will flash this kernel after wifi hotspot fixed.
22nd April 2012, 11:36 AM |#143  
doomed151's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,090
 
More
I think I'm going to revert to stock kernel until final ICS sources are out.
Sometimes it freezes and reboots.
The Following User Says Thank You to doomed151 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 06:48 AM |#144  
Junior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Good kernel using it for a while. This kernel needs its very own recovery & needs a feature to change the voltages.
Last edited by nhrabbi; 23rd April 2012 at 06:53 AM.
23rd April 2012, 10:21 AM |#145  
briandevlin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo77

Thanks for support doomed! ... The Wifi Hotspot it's still not working but i think I have an idea what the issue is... yesterday I was able to collect some info from logcat running from adb and the problem seems to be with IPV6 protocol.

If you have no network enabled (No 3G for example) you can easily turn on and off the Wifi/usb Tethering, but once data is active the phone freezes and reboots when trying to use both Wifi or USB tethering... I'm gonna take a look at FXP's sources for both IPV4 & IPV6 protocols and see if my sources are corrupted somehow...

@ALL: I'm having a hard time trying to compile my own custom recovery, i already have the scripting, UI and extended commands programmed but it refuses to compile . I'm gonna give it a try by next week since this weekend I'll be kinda busy with my wife and child .

Have a nice Weekend everyone!

This kernel is rock solid, on dooms Arconium, no issues except hotspot, and when going into recovery using xcharge it goes crazy for 10secs then finally reboots into recovery. Camera is fine with me in all resolutions.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
23rd April 2012, 04:11 PM |#146  
Duvel999's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 180
 
More
I'm using your kernel in Omega rom..

Wifi, recovery works..

But connect to PC by USB, MTP & MSC don't seem to work

Any Idea?
23rd April 2012, 04:24 PM |#147  
jimbo77's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 2,170
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvel999

I'm using your kernel in Omega rom..

Wifi, recovery works..

But connect to PC by USB, MTP & MSC don't seem to work

Any Idea?

Most likely is a ROM issue since it is working fine here and no other users have reported such issue. So I kindly ask you to check on your ROM's chef to see if he has deleted/skipped some important files to make USB work.
23rd April 2012, 08:07 PM |#148  
Duvel999's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 180
 
More
Oke, Jimbo77..
Your right, flashed Colbrato's one and USB Storage works again..
So its a Rom issue...

Hope he fixes it, wanna try your kernel..
23rd April 2012, 09:28 PM |#149  
kistigun's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Weert
Thanks Meter: 239
 
Donate to Me
More
I came from dooms kernel, i tried flashing dooms modules and yours but i cant get wifi to work.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 09:30 PM |#150  
jimbo77's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 2,170
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kistigun

I came from dooms kernel, i tried flashing dooms modules and yours but i cant get wifi to work.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

You need to flash "Stock Wifi Modules" provided by Doom in order to Wifi to work, or do a clean install of both Kernel & ROM to avoid any unwanted issues due some leftovers of Doom's kernel over the system that might interfiere with mine....
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 05:22 PM |#151  
jimbo77's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 2,170
 
Donate to Me
More
ArcKnight Kernel Update V5
ARCKNIGHT KERNEL V5 IS OUT

Changelog:
  • Kernel Renamed to ArcKnight Kernel
  • Kernel was compiled with a more stable toolchain cross compiler
  • Fixed some errors in TCP Protocol, now Navigation should be more stable
  • Small changes to IPV4 & IPV6 sources based on FXP sources.
  • Ondemand Governor fixes, it should be a litle more aggresive hence responsive
  • Changed Boot Logo, I agree this is a Sony Ericsson Phone

WiFi Hotspot isn't working yet, I thought it could be IPV4 and IPV6 protocols since i was able to get some logs from logcat but that didn't solve the problem so I'll continue to investigate until new sources are released by SE.

Grab The Kernel in 2nd Post!

Please Test and let me know what you guys think, I haven't had any kind of issues other than the Wifi Hotspot (I don't use it anyway ) so if you experience any issue other than above please do a clean install of both my Kernel and your ROM.

Feedback will be greatly appreciated .
Last edited by jimbo77; 9th May 2012 at 02:22 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jimbo77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
arc s, arcknight, jimbo77, kernel, xperia arc, xperia arc s
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes