Okay, finally got around to making the CWM zips for making the installs easier on the users.
- Download both zip files, plus the latest update.zip and boot.img from the downloads post on this thread
- Transfer all 3 zips to your phone
- Reboot to recovery (RED CWM)
- Do a nandroid backup of your current ROM
- Flash cm7-efs-backup.zip
- Put your phone into download mode
- Flash the latest boot.img from bryan's OP using HEIMDALL
- You should now be in the BLUE CWM menu
- Do a factory reset (Main Menu > wipe data/factory reset, you might get a format volume error. It's normal, continue)
- Format and mount /system (Main Menu > format /system & mount /system)
- Flash cm7-efs-restore.zip
- Flash the cm7 rom zip you downloaded, and the gapps zip if you want
- Reboot and enjoy CM7.
The problem was that the phone won't like it if you flash the kernel via CWM, so you have to do it via heimdall or it won't work for you.
For the curious ones. I just made a few scripts that get run through CWM that do a lot of the steps in Bryan's OP for you. It'll do all the efs backup and restore for you, which will make flashing CM7 a little more trivial