Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 41,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][7/9] Android Open Kang Project Fascinate Milestone 6 (4.0.4)

Tip us?

shelby04861
Old
(Last edited by shelby04861; 23rd April 2012 at 12:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by devichris View Post
Quick question.....what is your moderate usage? It seems like some peoples moderate usage is my light usage. I can't get an entire days worth of battery(24 hours) unless the only thing I'm doing is sending texts and occasionally getting on xda. My battery usually last 12 to 14 hours with my moderate usage

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
I agree. You need to realize that although the screenshots that have been posted show great battery life, the numbers for usage are still only in percentages and in reality could be a percentage of only 5 minutes(no offense to those who posted theirs). Also, light moderate and heavy usage are also terms that have no real meaning, as they are defined differently for each user.
If I were to see a screenshot of the actual minutes each was used for(just click on each) I might be a bit more impressed. I am happy if I can make it from 6am to about 8 or 9 at night.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelby04861 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bobloblaw1
Old
Thanks Meter 416
If you have poor battery life and have never replaced the battery in your fascinate keep in mind that li-on batteries degrade with time. As the phone is 2 or so years old it is possible that your battery has significantly degraded from its original capacity.

So if you haven't replaced your battery do yourself a favor and buy an epic 4g touch battery and enjoy +300 mah from even a pristine stock battery.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bobloblaw1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shelby04861
Old
Thanks Meter 82
did that this past winter. Best thing to do for the price.

adamklo
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Yeah, I just got my Anker x2 plus wall charger for like 25 bucks on amazon, plus the Prime trial gave me free 2-day shipping.

I guess my usage would be considered heavy. Between 7am and 4pm I'm on airplane as my building gets zero reception and saps my battery searching for a signal. I might use my phone for 20min outside but that's about it. After work I tend to spend a lot of time on Tapatalk forums, facebook, angry birds, Monopoly, Words/Scramble WF and just dicking around with my screen on. Usually my battery life is solid (95%+) all day and then by 10/11pm it's around 30%, but then I have to charge it as it's my main alarm clock. So I don't get good opportunities to just let it die and fully charge, especially since the battery screen won't turn on while the phone is powered down and charging. I think that effects my calibration and whatnot.

<3

devichris
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw1 View Post
If you have poor battery life and have never replaced the battery in your fascinate keep in mind that li-on batteries degrade with time. As the phone is 2 or so years old it is possible that your battery has significantly degraded from its original capacity.

So if you haven't replaced your battery do yourself a favor and buy an epic 4g touch battery and enjoy +300 mah from even a pristine stock battery.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
I just had my previous phone replaced with this one two weeks ago because the data broke. But I think I will still invest in a new battery. Seems like a pretty good buy

Stephen.k.spear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3907

DONATE TO ME
We are starting to look into the mp3 issue. I don't think it's anything wee did so I think it is AOKP add a whole so bare with us. As for the boot audio. I forgot to add a boot audio mp3 to the system/media for mesmerize and showcase. So if you guys just rename any mp3 boot_audio.mp3 then you will get bout sounds and the option to turn them off.

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
Like my work? Buy me a beer. Twitter: @stevespeartweet
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephen.k.spear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shelby04861
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen.k.spear View Post
We are starting to look into the mp3 issue. I don't think it's anything wee did so I think it is AOKP add a whole so bare with us. As for the boot audio. I forgot to add a boot audio mp3 to the system/media for mesmerize and showcase. So if you guys just rename any mp3 boot_audio.mp3 then you will get bout sounds and the option to turn them off.

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy

djk21108
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Does that epic 4g touch battery ever go on sale? It's pretty expensive on Amazon at the moment.

icemanwbs
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Just got mine for $23......best spent money so far !

kallell
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by djk21108 View Post
Does that epic 4g touch battery ever go on sale? It's pretty expensive on Amazon at the moment.
I wouldn't call 20 bucks for 2 batteries + a charger expensive....

They aren't AA batteries.

The Following User Says Thank You to kallell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]