Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How To] Flash Engineering HBOOT After S-OFF

Tip us?

siulmagic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,513

DONATE TO ME
quick question, i s-off my device today, for some reason im getting stuck on the htc white screen, and cant boot past it, yes iv reflash recovery and kernel countless of times, anyways i whant to revert to stock, can i just flash the ics leak? and then htc unlock?

Follow me on twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/siulmagic

Device:LG ls970(aka LG Optimus G)HTC Vision, HTC Vigor(aka Rezound)
Developer of Android-Maisters Team
My Work
Aosp KitKat 4.4 LS970
MIUI 3.7.12 JB LS970

IRC #Android-Maisters

Donate

luke1333
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 105
any reason to install this after getting s-off via juopunutbear

con247
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by siulmagic View Post
quick question, i s-off my device today, for some reason im getting stuck on the htc white screen, and cant boot past it, yes iv reflash recovery and kernel countless of times, anyways i whant to revert to stock, can i just flash the ics leak? and then htc unlock?
This is not the place to ask that.
Current Phone: iPhone 5[s]
Check out my GS3 Splash Screen Changer

con247
Old
Thanks Meter 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1333 View Post
any reason to install this after getting s-off via juopunutbear
If you have to ask why it is important, then it isn't important to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to con247 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pwnwolf117
Old
Thanks Meter 7
ive never taken any ota, but ive used gb roms. not the leak with the new hboot and all that. i took the hboot when i did s-off. am i still good to use this? (havent done much with my phone lately so there wasnt much talk of new/old firmware when i last regularly checked forums)

con247
Old
Thanks Meter 3,117
You already have it I think if you took the hboot when you did S-OFF and you were not on the leak firmware.

pwnwolf117
Old
Thanks Meter 7
i knwo i have s off, i mean im able to take the ENG hboot without any issues. am i correct?

con247
Old
Thanks Meter 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnwolf117 View Post
i knwo i have s off, i mean im able to take the ENG hboot without any issues. am i correct?
re-read my post.

imparables
Old
Thanks Meter 92
OK so I read up on this....from what I gathered this what I did. I'm on the GB firmware with Cleanrom ICS latest version in which I flashed the old firmware patch. So I downloaded the bear for GB (windows) and went through the process. I also accepted their hboot. It appears everything went well. My understanding is that I do not need to flash this ENG Boot...correct? Reason I'm asking is when I reboot it says I need a sim card installed.....but after it goes away my phone runs fine. I have 4G and can make calls. Weird......any suggestions. Thanks con for putting out this thread. I'll reboot and keep checking...I couldn't find this issue anywhere else, although there are now way too many s-off threads. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

con247
Old
Thanks Meter 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by imparables View Post
OK so I read up on this....from what I gathered this what I did. I'm on the GB firmware with Cleanrom ICS latest version in which I flashed the old firmware patch. So I downloaded the bear for GB (windows) and went through the process. I also accepted their hboot. It appears everything went well. My understanding is that I do not need to flash this ENG Boot...correct? Reason I'm asking is when I reboot it says I need a sim card installed.....but after it goes away my phone runs fine. I have 4G and can make calls. Weird......any suggestions. Thanks con for putting out this thread. I'll reboot and keep checking...I couldn't find this issue anywhere else, although there are now way too many s-off threads. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
I think their gb hboot is the eng hboot. The reason it is needed is because the GB hboot blocks fastboot stuff until you unlock again which is not what we want.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe