Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

porting liberty 2.0

OP ssinisterss

23rd April 2012, 02:07 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 42

155 posts
If you read the first post, it explicity says "cwm only". It is not a safestrap rom. Also, liberty is based on the Droid 3 stock rom. If you want to port it, here are the first steps:

1. Get an updated Safestrap rom that incorporates the lates Motorola patch. (We will want the performance and battery boost it gives the d4)

2. DeOdex the ROM from step 1.

3. Prepare a sort of blank slate to start with, by ripping out everything not necessary.

At this point, we can start adding the Liberty customizations.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
23rd April 2012, 03:05 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag so. california
Thanks Meter: 19

222 posts
More
when i had the D3 i was flashing it with safestrap no problem,

lol i dont have the capability to port this over, i was hoping for someone else to try. or even make an AOSP/de blured GB rom out of the D4
24th April 2012, 01:51 AM   |  #13  

155 posts
[QUOTE=ssinisterss;25189586
lol i dont have the capability to port this over, i was hoping for someone else to try. or even make an AOSP/de blured GB rom out of the D4[/QUOTE]

I am in the process of doing this. I am currently trying to work with Hashcode to try to put together a Safestrap version of the D4 stock ROM with the latest OTA patch. I'm going to try to deodex and deblur it.

For now, have you checked out my Motoblur LT ROM?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1560475
Last edited by omniuni; 24th April 2012 at 04:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to omniuni For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 02:50 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 36

170 posts
Is it your motoblur LT deodexed? If so that is what I have been waiting for. I love gummy but would go full stock if I could change some or the icons safely. like the green battery icon. It just looks retarded with the blue 3g, 4g and wifi icons. If I knew how to deodex a rom I would attempt it myself, are there any instructions available for doing this ones self? Thanks for what you have done and are attempting.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
24th April 2012, 06:58 AM   |  #15  

155 posts
Unfortunately, it is not yet deodexed. I just spent the last 3 hours trying to, and the resulting update.zip looks fine, but it won't boot. For now, though, it is very debloated and slightly deblured.
24th April 2012, 04:12 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 36

170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omniuni

I am in the process of doing this. I am currently trying to work with Hashcode to try to put together a Safestrap version of the D4 stock ROM with the latest OTA patch. I'm going to try to deodex and deblur it.

For now, have you checked out my Motoblur LT ROM?
http://www.rrar.com/membership.cfm/s/69/page/450

The link posted above leads to a Realtors association site.

24th April 2012, 04:15 PM   |  #17  

155 posts
Weird. Better now?

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
19th June 2012, 02:24 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 3

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsullivan

Is it your motoblur LT deodexed? If so that is what I have been waiting for. I love gummy but would go full stock if I could change some or the icons safely. like the green battery icon. It just looks retarded with the blue 3g, 4g and wifi icons. If I knew how to deodex a rom I would attempt it myself, are there any instructions available for doing this ones self? Thanks for what you have done and are attempting.

Are you sure you need deodex? I used ROM Toolbox to change battery icon on stock Razr ROM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread