Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,292 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NIGHTLY/KERNEL][USER] UNOFFICIAL CM9 + 3.0.x Kernel for K-Fire [3.0.31+ 06-28]

Tip us?

brendonlee
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by philow View Post
Looks like the script is not working to fix the Mac address. However, if you go to the /system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity folder there is a file named wl1271-nvs.bin.orig rename it in your favorite root explorer and reboot.

This will most likely give you the generic mac address but wifi will work again.
This didn't work for me

iesvs
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default Works!

Quote:
Looks like the script is not working to fix the Mac address. However, if you go to the /system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity folder there is a file named wl1271-nvs.bin.orig rename it in your favorite root explorer and reboot.

This will most likely give you the generic mac address but wifi will work again.
Working on my end. The generic mac address isn't a problem if I only have my KF and my PC, right?

Wojei
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iesvs View Post
Working on my end. The generic mac address isn't a problem if I only have my KF and my PC, right?
Your KF will work fine as long as it has a unique MAC in a local network (i.e. no other kindle with this kernel)
The Following User Says Thank You to Wojei For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scidon37
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojei View Post
Your KF will work fine as long as it has a unique MAC in a local network (i.e. no other kindle with this kernel)
But it can be a PITA if you have apps that rely on Mac address to identify you (i.e. Tapatalk)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to scidon37 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brendonlee
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iesvs View Post
thats weird..verified i renamed the right file...rebooted a couple times and hasn't made a difference for me.

bi2o
Old
Thanks Meter 5
if its the only kf u have but not being able to find ur network, Try logging to your router and kicking out the device that was already connected with the same Mac address.

scidon37
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:

To clarify this... Rename wl1271-nvs.bin.orig to wl1271-nvs.bin

enabling wifi should then work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scidon37 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 21967

DONATE TO ME
Sorry for the break on wifi. I'll get a new .zip which fixes the files correctly up later tonight.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brendonlee
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by scidon37 View Post
To clarify this... Rename wl1271-nvs.bin.orig to wl1271-nvs.bin

enabling wifi should then work.

ah - duh. haha..thanks. i saw rename, and just threw a .old at the end.

scidon37
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendonlee View Post
ah - duh. haha..thanks. i saw rename, and just threw a .old at the end.
Lol... So did I at first, except .bak