Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,554 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why doesn't America get the "best" smartphones?

Tip us?

shu8i
Old
(Last edited by shu8i; 23rd April 2012 at 12:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabbu View Post
I agree with you better technology dual-core phones are a good choice but you can't beat the multitasking power and speed of a quad-core.
Imagine the same specs as that dual-core but in a quad-core version.
All I'm trying to say is give a man a chance to spend his money for something he ACTUALLY wants and not what the opinion polls have "proven" what America wants next. Ask anyone off the street and they'll say, "What's the difference?", and then you'll explain to them what it is and they'll say, "..of course the quad because the other one is outdated right?".
lol...I'm taking this to seriously..like anyone corporate actually cares.
For one the a15 based krait processor is superior to the tegra 3. Just because it's a dual core doesn't mean its any worse.
Ex. The chips that will most likely be used in the sgs4 are dual core and they are much better than the quad exynos...

Some benchmarks: S4 / Tegra 3

Quadrant 5531 / 3073
AnTuTu 6954 / 10,046
Vellamo 2164 / 1566
Linpack Pro 163 / unknown

Secondly the tegra doesn't support lte which is why they had to change to qualcomm

Lastly, I don't know where you live but as far as I know we get all the European cars, beside the french ones, and that is (I believe) for diplomatic reasons...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

If you appreciate my work, you might consider donating a small amount

iSaint
Old
Thanks Meter 1304
Still

Y we no have the best ... first ?!!?!?!?!

⇝⇞Vacant⇞⇜
The Following User Says Thank You to iSaint For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

.Elite_The_King.
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSaint View Post
Still

Because European is a beta test market. There's going to be a tegra3+ LTE coming out this year of the Q3 so its rumor. So keep an eye for that.

Sent from my powered Shooter E3D with Infection of AnthraX Jamz by wolf.
Nabbu Old
Thanks Meter
Omg! That demon!

Nabbu Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu8i View Post
For one the a15 based krait processor is superior to the tegra 3. Just because it's a dual core doesn't mean its any worse.
Ex. The chips that will most likely be used in the sgs4 are dual core and they are much better than the quad exynos...

Quadrant 5531 / 3073
AnTuTu 6954 / 10,046
Vellamo 2164 / 1566

Secondly the tegra doesn't support lte which is why they had to change to qualcomm

Lastly, I don't know where you live but as far as I know we get all the European cars, beside the french ones, and that is (I believe) for diplomatic reasons...

Texas, but anyways i'm not that knowledgeable about processors so I was expecting your reply but I appreciate the information none the less!

Nabbu Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSaint View Post
Still

LOL!!Z

im0rtalz
Old
Thanks Meter 560
Don't we get iphones and motorola phones here first? I'm sure samsung would release their phones first to S. Korea, HTC first to taiwan?

BrandoKC
Old
Thanks Meter 287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu8i View Post

Quadrant 5531 / 3073
AnTuTu 6954 / 10,046
Vellamo 2164 / 1566

Actually there are quite a few cars we don't get and vice versa. The reason on the cars is market demand and safety standards. Some cars will not meet our safety standards, some are "upgraded" to meet the standards.

We do not have Renault and Citroens available because when they were sold here the demand diminished due to poor quality. Some brands just did not have the market demand to justify the costs.

Another reason is the cost associated with setting up proper infrastructure to sell a manufacturers cars in the states.
Fiat is a good example of this. They stopped selling in the states back in the 80's due to decreased demand (See Renault and Citroen example.) Recently they purchased Chrysler and are using the Chrysler dealer network to sell the Fiat 500. They will be introducing additional models over the coming years.

Brands such as Seat are sold in Europe and are built on VW platforms. The market demand for VW's is not high enough to justify importing another brand based off of the same platform.

As far as phones go, it has to be due mostly with network compatibility and demand. The One X with the dual core snap dragon performs just as well as the quad core Tegra III.
I actually prefer the Exynos and Snapdragon to the Tegra chip sets. I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and YouTube playback is beyond deplorable.

linuxtad
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Because, they haven't milked us enough for the current technology. Why do you think we want to upgrade every 6 months... To get 200 mhz more, 10gb more, 2mp more... They make more money taking baby steps. And we love them for it

Sent from my SPH-D710
Currently on Galaxy S4 with Saferoot
Epic 4G Touch with sfhub's FF18 One Click w/ Root. (RIP: Steady blue light no power on)

bumsock
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I don't think we are missing anything ..as long we get Porsche GT3s BMW M3s and 5s...just to name a few...we don't need every **** sub brand of car "just to have it"..that's about as retarded as the subject of this thread.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335143394090.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1019738