Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Why doesn't America get the "best" smartphones?

OP Nabbu

23rd April 2012, 12:57 AM   |  #21  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 36

715 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabbu

I agree with you better technology dual-core phones are a good choice but you can't beat the multitasking power and speed of a quad-core.
Imagine the same specs as that dual-core but in a quad-core version.
All I'm trying to say is give a man a chance to spend his money for something he ACTUALLY wants and not what the opinion polls have "proven" what America wants next. Ask anyone off the street and they'll say, "What's the difference?", and then you'll explain to them what it is and they'll say, "..of course the quad because the other one is outdated right?".
lol...I'm taking this to seriously..like anyone corporate actually cares.

For one the a15 based krait processor is superior to the tegra 3. Just because it's a dual core doesn't mean its any worse.
Ex. The chips that will most likely be used in the sgs4 are dual core and they are much better than the quad exynos...

Some benchmarks: S4 / Tegra 3

Quadrant 5531 / 3073
AnTuTu 6954 / 10,046
Vellamo 2164 / 1566
Linpack Pro 163 / unknown

Secondly the tegra doesn't support lte which is why they had to change to qualcomm

Lastly, I don't know where you live but as far as I know we get all the European cars, beside the french ones, and that is (I believe) for diplomatic reasons...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Last edited by shu8i; 23rd April 2012 at 01:12 AM.
23rd April 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #22  
Flag Phoenix, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 1,307

3,597 posts
More
Still

Y we no have the best ... first ?!!?!?!?!
The Following User Says Thank You to iSaint For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 01:15 AM   |  #23  
Account currently disabled
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 202

891 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSaint

Still

Because European is a beta test market. There's going to be a tegra3+ LTE coming out this year of the Q3 so its rumor. So keep an eye for that.

Sent from my powered Shooter E3D with Infection of AnthraX Jamz by wolf.
Nabbu
23rd April 2012, 01:58 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Omg! That demon!

Nabbu
23rd April 2012, 02:01 AM   |  #25  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu8i

For one the a15 based krait processor is superior to the tegra 3. Just because it's a dual core doesn't mean its any worse.
Ex. The chips that will most likely be used in the sgs4 are dual core and they are much better than the quad exynos...

Quadrant 5531 / 3073
AnTuTu 6954 / 10,046
Vellamo 2164 / 1566

Secondly the tegra doesn't support lte which is why they had to change to qualcomm

Lastly, I don't know where you live but as far as I know we get all the European cars, beside the french ones, and that is (I believe) for diplomatic reasons...

Texas, but anyways i'm not that knowledgeable about processors so I was expecting your reply but I appreciate the information none the less!

Nabbu
23rd April 2012, 02:02 AM   |  #26  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSaint

Still

LOL!!Z

23rd April 2012, 02:31 AM   |  #27  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 563

962 posts
More
Don't we get iphones and motorola phones here first? I'm sure samsung would release their phones first to S. Korea, HTC first to taiwan?
23rd April 2012, 02:59 AM   |  #28  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 287

1,157 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu8i

Quadrant 5531 / 3073
AnTuTu 6954 / 10,046
Vellamo 2164 / 1566

Actually there are quite a few cars we don't get and vice versa. The reason on the cars is market demand and safety standards. Some cars will not meet our safety standards, some are "upgraded" to meet the standards.

We do not have Renault and Citroens available because when they were sold here the demand diminished due to poor quality. Some brands just did not have the market demand to justify the costs.

Another reason is the cost associated with setting up proper infrastructure to sell a manufacturers cars in the states.
Fiat is a good example of this. They stopped selling in the states back in the 80's due to decreased demand (See Renault and Citroen example.) Recently they purchased Chrysler and are using the Chrysler dealer network to sell the Fiat 500. They will be introducing additional models over the coming years.

Brands such as Seat are sold in Europe and are built on VW platforms. The market demand for VW's is not high enough to justify importing another brand based off of the same platform.

As far as phones go, it has to be due mostly with network compatibility and demand. The One X with the dual core snap dragon performs just as well as the quad core Tegra III.
I actually prefer the Exynos and Snapdragon to the Tegra chip sets. I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and YouTube playback is beyond deplorable.
23rd April 2012, 03:07 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 9

56 posts
More
Because, they haven't milked us enough for the current technology. Why do you think we want to upgrade every 6 months... To get 200 mhz more, 10gb more, 2mp more... They make more money taking baby steps. And we love them for it

Sent from my SPH-D710
23rd April 2012, 03:13 AM   |  #30  
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 32

288 posts
More
I don't think we are missing anything ..as long we get Porsche GT3s BMW M3s and 5s...just to name a few...we don't need every **** sub brand of car "just to have it"..that's about as retarded as the subject of this thread.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335143394090.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1019738  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread