5,597,313 Members 36,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nova, Apex, Trebuchet

Tip us?
 
DesertVelo
Old
#21  
DesertVelo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 298
Join Date: Jan 2011
Using Apex as well.... install the launcher as a system app and you are good to go. Titanium Backup can move it for you. Beware that you will loose the launcher when you flash or format "system".

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
As long as it's a singlespeed...
 
brendonlee
Old
#22  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 86
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charlotte
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertVelo View Post
Using Apex as well.... install the launcher as a system app and you are good to go. Titanium Backup can move it for you. Beware that you will loose the launcher when you flash or format "system".

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
I agree - Apex all the way.

As far as flashing, what I've been doing is, when I download a new nightly, just use 7zip to navigate to system/app, remove trebuchet & add whatever the latest beta of Apex is. Then, when you install it, it saves all your prefs & you don't have to think about multiple launchers installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to brendonlee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
AndAllThingsWillEnd
Old
#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 198
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Long Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadman1415 View Post
I like apex it has a little more options to customize things like folders and how they look. It was a little annoying how I couldn't put Widgets down from application drawer but if you long press screen you could place widget down or download apex apk and move it to system apps through root explorer and reboot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
With apex you have to have it set as a system app in order to put down Widgets from the drawer.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to AndAllThingsWillEnd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Felix2402
Old
#24  
Felix2402's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toppenish, WA
I wanted to use trebuchet but couldnt figure out how to use custom icons for the dock. Or is this even possible?
 
AJ Newkirk
Old
#25  
AJ Newkirk's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3991
Posts: 1,644
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lexington, KY

 
DONATE TO ME
Is there a way to remove the Widgets tab from trebuchet?

aside from that....a launcher is a launcher is a launcher to me. it launches things.
 
docskurlock
Old
#26  
docskurlock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 116
Join Date: Nov 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix2402 View Post
I wanted to use trebuchet but couldnt figure out how to use custom icons for the dock. Or is this even possible?
Have you tried changing the icons and then dragging them to the dock?
"Hope for the best, expect the worst."
-Drill Instructor

"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff."
-Frank Zappa
The Following User Says Thank You to docskurlock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Felix2402
Old
#27  
Felix2402's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toppenish, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by docskurlock View Post
Have you tried changing the icons and then dragging them to the dock?

No, i didnt. But im on foxhound now and nova is working pretty good for me.
 
oddspec
Old
#28  
oddspec's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1263
Posts: 2,965
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: palm bay
nova all the way Widgets in the dock plus already paid for prime

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
 
cepsbow
Old
#29  
cepsbow's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 49
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PSL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendonlee View Post
I agree - Apex all the way.

As far as flashing, what I've been doing is, when I download a new nightly, just use 7zip to navigate to system/app, remove trebuchet & add whatever the latest beta of Apex is. Then, when you install it, it saves all your prefs & you don't have to think about multiple launchers installed.
+1 Apex all the way. By far the smoothest, least buggy launcher I've used for ICS



Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
 
werds
Old
#30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepsbow View Post
+1 Apex all the way. By far the smoothest, least buggy launcher I've used for ICS



Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
I have to agree here. Just been spending some alone time with Apex, at first I wasn't sure how I felt about it but the longer I mess with it the more I LOVE it. All the little customizations are there and fairly well thought out. I can also say that out of all the launchers I have messed with it has the least bugs outstanding that I could tell.

PS I love that my phone now auto-rotates the home screen completely.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes