LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck at boot screen

OP the_KEV

22nd April 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

85 posts
Hi, I was rooted and tried to add some ringtones to my system/media folder. Instead of saving it to my SD card and then using a file explorer to move the files like I usually do, I tried to use droid explorer and do it from my PC. Now my phone won't get past the motorola logo when I start the phone. I'm not really sure what to do, can someone help me?
22nd April 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 760

3,337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_KEV

Hi, I was rooted and tried to add some ringtones to my system/media folder. Instead of saving it to my SD card and then using a file explorer to move the files like I usually do, I tried to use droid explorer and do it from my PC. Now my phone won't get past the motorola logo when I start the phone. I'm not really sure what to do, can someone help me?

I doubt that adding some ringtones to your /system/media folder from your PC would result in a non-boot condition. Sounds like you may have messed up some system files when you were doing what you were doing. Are you sure you did not inadvertently move/delete/alter any other files?

Do you have an unlocked bootloader?
22nd April 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

85 posts
I figured that was what I did... I dont have an unlocked bootloader. Should I?
22nd April 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

85 posts
I'm going to assume that my phone is bricked...
Will this work?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...99&postcount=3
22nd April 2012, 09:58 PM   |  #5  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 36

172 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_KEV

I'm going to assume that my phone is bricked...
Will this work?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...99&postcount=3

Its too early assume your bricked...I don't think your bricked. Have you tried to access your recovery? You can try a factory reset from there.

Sent from my MB860 running Jokersax's CM9
23rd April 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

85 posts
Well I got it going again. I flashed the factory sbf. I'm happy I didn't have to go back to the factory settings

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 03:39 PM   |  #7  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giqbal

Its too early assume your bricked...I don't think your bricked. Have you tried to access your recovery? You can try a factory reset from there.

Sent from my MB860 running Jokersax's CM9

turn on your smartphone, and when apear logo press volume up, go into recovery CWM and make a factory reset, or ... get one rom and put in your sd card and make a factory reset and wipe cash, dalvik and flash new rom, and try to boot ....
19th July 2012, 09:15 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
stuck at boot screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelanT

I doubt that adding some ringtones to your /system/media folder from your PC would result in a non-boot condition. Sounds like you may have messed up some system files when you were doing what you were doing. Are you sure you did not inadvertently move/delete/alter any other files?

Do you have an unlocked bootloader?

I have a similar problem and I know I am not bricked but can't currently get out of my jam. This is the process I used so far:

I unlocked bootloaders and rooted with an automatic script program

I installed superuser and CWM from the market

I placed the cm-7.2.0-olympus and gapps .zip files in my root of internal sd

I wiped with moto-fastboot followed by wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, and Dalvik

Then I installed the CM7.2 and Gapps zip files from the sd - and now I'm stuck at the M boot screen with Unlocked at the top.

I can boot into recovery and at the top of the recovery screen it reads Atrix 4G Recovery v4.0.0.2 goapk.com so I am thinking that the script I used initially installed a different recovery program and I am not actually using CWM. Also when I get into fastboot mode it says my battery is too low to flash and I don't have an indication that the battery is accepting a charge when it is plugged in...

I can get into recovery but even if I wipe and reinstall the zip I can't get past the boot loop - any suggestions?
19th July 2012, 10:32 AM   |  #9  
Flag SECUNDERABAD
Thanks Meter: 37

131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikl0018

I have a similar problem and I know I am not bricked but can't currently get out of my jam. This is the process I used so far:

I unlocked bootloaders and rooted with an automatic script program

I installed superuser and CWM from the market

I placed the cm-7.2.0-olympus and gapps .zip files in my root of internal sd

I wiped with moto-fastboot followed by wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, and Dalvik

Then I installed the CM7.2 and Gapps zip files from the sd - and now I'm stuck at the M boot screen with Unlocked at the top.

I can boot into recovery and at the top of the recovery screen it reads Atrix 4G Recovery v4.0.0.2 goapk.com so I am thinking that the script I used initially installed a different recovery program and I am not actually using CWM. Also when I get into fastboot mode it says my battery is too low to flash and I don't have an indication that the battery is accepting a charge when it is plugged in...

I can get into recovery but even if I wipe and reinstall the zip I can't get past the boot loop - any suggestions?

I think that tenfar recovery that you flashed through automatic script. You can just get rom racer recovery flash it through fast boot or Just download this recovery and flash it like any ROM and reboot.http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1659890

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to harishmenace For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2012, 02:39 PM   |  #10  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
More
Try to flash your phone with your stock firmware using rsd lite

here a list of firmwares ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1125944

WARNING! : flash it with YOUR stock sbf !!!

OR

Flash the latest sbf for your phone. I've done several with no problems. Yes, you do lose the unlocked bootloader though.
This will return you to stock. I used the same files.

You can avoid bricking your device by not flashing any over-the-air updates to Android 2.3.4. Instead, try flashing the 2.3.4 zip over here. Or, flash the pure stock images from here.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread