Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 46,107 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Games unavailable for NC?

Tip us?

flu13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default Games unavailable for NC?

I have been browsing for some interesting-looking games to play on my Nook, and the last few that I've seen on Play through my PC (Skyfall, Six Guns, Sims Freeplay) have been unavailable for the Nook. What's up with that?

gallahad2000
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by flu13 View Post
I have been browsing for some interesting-looking games to play on my Nook, and the last few that I've seen on Play through my PC (Skyfall, Six Guns, Sims Freeplay) have been unavailable for the Nook. What's up with that?
Those games are showing as blocked on mine as well. They may just represent game makers no longer supporting the devices we are spoofing (Galaxy Tab and Nexus One). You can always try changing your build.prop to get the new games but you may lose access to others.
The Following User Says Thank You to gallahad2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flu13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Thanks for the tip. I've never modified my build.prop. What would be a good value to change to? And what is the best way to modify that file?

gallahad2000
Old
(Last edited by gallahad2000; 24th April 2012 at 06:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I've never modified my build.prop. What would be a good value to change to? And what is the best way to modify that file?
You can use root explorer or ES file explorer. The value to change it to has historically been a combination of Nexus One and Galaxy tab settings. I currently have those settings on my nook and it is showing incompatible for the games you've listed. It may be a good idea to try Galaxy S or pure Galaxy tab (SPH-P100 or GT-P1000) since those are all PowerVR devices so there won't be incompatibilities with the games you download.
The Following User Says Thank You to gallahad2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flu13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Well, it seems that no matter what method I try, I can't get /system to mount r/w. I found something suggesting that I need ro.secure=0 in some file (maybe build.prop or maybe default.prop), but I think I'm getting beyond my knowledge and comfort level.

flu13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
I finally was able to edit build.prop using Root Explorer (should've just bought that a long time ago). However, I can't figure out the right things to edit. I've tried changing the model and manufacturer to the values for Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S, and my Evo Shift, but none make these games available. Clearly, I'm missing something that needs changed.

jgaf
Old
Thanks Meter 388
Quote:
I finally was able to edit build.prop using Root Explorer (should've just bought that a long time ago). However, I can't figure out the right things to edit. I've tried changing the model and manufacturer to the values for Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S, and my Evo Shift, but none make these games available. Clearly, I'm missing something that needs changed.
It has worked for me before, just changing model and brand, then clearing data from google play and rebooting. But I tried it yesterday for six-guns and it didn't work, I used SPH-P100

flu13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Hmmm...didn't clear data for Play. Let me try that.

flu13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Ok, that let me get Sims Freeplay, but not the others. I even tried loading an "unlocked" Play apk. Aggravating.

flu13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
I finally wised up. I downloaded the games to my phone, backed up with Titanium, copied the backups to my Nook, and restored.