Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - Call for beta testers - All HBOOTS - MT4GS

Tip us?

beezie916
Old
(Last edited by beezie916; 23rd April 2012 at 12:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 58
It says Gingerbread on the download...i am guessing the version we are running on our phone really does not matter....since i am using a ice cream version...

Well maybe does have to be a GB rom on it since I error at sending back up stage.....

manimmal
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravvyTrain View Post
I was S-ON Unlocked and this worked for me on the third attempt at [wire-tapping]
Does the type of wire matter? I know it has to be insulated but the actual wire itself, does it have to be a specific kind? I want to try this method tomorrow after work!

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using XDA
Current: Galaxy Note 2

Old Device: MyTouch 4G Slide
Rooted: Yes/S-OFF via Juopunutbear
ROM:MikXE v4

Device: Galaxy S2 (Wifey's phone)
Rooted: YES
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Original

Backup: T-Mobile G1 (Trooper!)
Oldies: TouchPro 2 (R.I.P. Greatness)
MT3G Slide (STOLEN!!!)

beezie916
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimmal View Post
Does the type of wire matter? I know it has to be insulated but the actual wire itself, does it have to be a specific kind? I want to try this method tomorrow after work!

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using XDA
No...wire is wire...looking around xda some including myself using paper clip that is wrapped in tape but i cant get past the error with transferring back up....

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezie916 View Post
It says Gingerbread on the download...i am guessing the version we are running on our phone really does not matter....since i am using a ice cream version...

Well maybe does have to be a GB rom on it since I error at sending back up stage.....
Ok my quess is since there is a gingerbread kernel it has to be a GB rom?...sigh

beezie916
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Ok after a few tense moments I got s-off! After trying and getting the backup failed msg every time i tried I found a solution....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25186986

It has files for a different phone but the executable its self is universal so put .1 in the adb folder instead of .2 and voila it worked....

THe wire trick was not as hard as i thought...the timing did not to seem to be a biggie....the hole was deeper than i thought and I used a paperclip wrapped in electric tape....

Once I got s-off I was stuck...I don't know if it was because I loaded the hboot that came with the app or what...I said yes so not sure....but I flashed recovery and then I was getting errors in recovery about not able to mount anything....well luckily I flashed a nandroid earlier today....I restored that back up and voila back up.....

So get the .1 version of the app....do a nandroid before you try this....and now I can flash kernels on the fly...yay.....thanks guys!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to beezie916 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GravvyTrain
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezie916 View Post
Ok after a few tense moments I got s-off! After trying and getting the backup failed msg every time i tried I found a solution....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25186986

It has files for a different phone but the executable its self is universal so put .1 in the adb folder instead of .2 and voila it worked....

THe wire trick was not as hard as i thought...the timing did not to seem to be a biggie....the hole was deeper than i thought and I used a paperclip wrapped in electric tape....

Once I got s-off I was stuck...I don't know if it was because I loaded the hboot that came with the app or what...I said yes so not sure....but I flashed recovery and then I was getting errors in recovery about not able to mount anything....well luckily I flashed a nandroid earlier today....I restored that back up and voila back up.....

So get the .1 version of the app....do a nandroid before you try this....and now I can flash kernels on the fly...yay.....thanks guys!!!
Question: What did you ground the wire on? The SDcard cover?
I went through the same scenario, but found out that recovery wouldn't mount SD because it was corrupted during the process...even after formatting the card, it still won't mount in recovery. Good thing it was the 8gb that got screwed and not the 32gb that I had to use to install a new ROM.
MyTouch Slide 4g [PACMAN]
Inspire 4g [CoreDroid]
Xperia x10a [Wolfbreak]

$49/month for unlimited talk/text/data
On a cool new GSM network in the U.S.
www.solavei.com

beezie916
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravvyTrain View Post
Question: What did you ground the wire on? The SDcard cover?
I went through the same scenario, but found out that recovery wouldn't mount SD because it was corrupted during the process...even after formatting the card, it still won't mount in recovery. Good thing it was the 8gb that got screwed and not the 32gb that I had to use to install a new ROM.
Yeah the SD Card cover....and yeah I used an old card when i did the shorting...but after i had the mounting issue with the new card but like I said after it did the restore...all was well I don't think you have to flash the hboot included....you have s-off...I am not knowledgeable enough to know what the benefit of installing the different hboot is....

HappyKhicken
Old
Thanks Meter 16
So what's the deal with this method? I see it listed on their site, but I'm also hearing stories of bricks. Is it safe or not to do? I'd hate to brick my phone that's only a month old...

Indirect
Old
(Last edited by Indirect; 24th April 2012 at 09:55 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,953

DONATE TO ME
I bricked 2 of mine before they altered the exploit. I did the exact same thing this time but used a wire (you NEED to use a wire or a paperclip with electrical tape. Wire is preferred though, I stripped an ethernet cable since there's like 7 wires in there total. Strip it to copper on both ends just enough to get contact and follow the method) but anyway, I have s-off now and it's beautiful. I also found that you can restore the sdcard after corruption, just create a new partition table and then repartition it. ) Hope this helped.

Proof of sdcard restore:

Also proof that I'm not turbo-tarded:

My Google Plus account
My Twitter
Shiftless evo shift developer
Nook Tablet developer-found root (here)

Quote:
Without developers this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.
Developed on the following devices: Evo View, Nook Tablet, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G (private), Evo 4G (private), Mytouch 4g Slide, Evo LTE, HTC One (In Progress), Moto X
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Indirect For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beezie916
Old
Thanks Meter 58
I can atest it works...v2 that they have on thier site didn't work but I found v1 and if I can do it then anyone can...I suck at linux (not go for an IT Networking student but its a fact of life...) but I did it 1st time through....just make sure you have a nand back up before hand....not sure how you make a partition table but once i did the restore I was all good

Coug76
Old
(Last edited by Coug76; 24th April 2012 at 08:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 666
BTW WTF is a juopunut or a juopunutbear. I have never met the word...

Edit: apparently it is finnish for drunken bear? Cool if it is...

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement