[Guide]Google Play Movies Fix

OP -Alaa-

22nd April 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40

267 posts
More
Hello Fellow Xoomers
Well I Dont Know if it has been told or anyone found a solution but after searching i found a solution for the root problem with google play movies
1- Download Voodoo Ota Rootkeeper from Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otkeeper&hl=en
2-Open The App And Allow SU permissions
3-Backup The Root
4-Once Backup is Completed Unroot The Device
5-Open Google play Movies And It should work ( your contry must be supported for rentals)
6- watch and enjoy
7- ps: you can restore and unroot anytime you want and i have tested and can report That it works 100%
8- Dont Forget To Press The Thanks Button if you found this helpful
The Following User Says Thank You to -Alaa- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #2  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 26,584

28,399 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thread moved. Not development.
23rd April 2012, 02:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 107

257 posts
Donate to Me
More
"SuperSU"

Once installed you can remove the superuser.apk since that app takes the place of it.

It allows you to temporarily unroot your device very quickly and very easily.

There is a free version on the play store and has more features that the superuser app.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dellenrules For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 05:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 731

1,141 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghalyoum

Hello Fellow Xoomers
Well I Dont Know if it has been told or anyone found a solution but after searching i found a solution for the root problem with google play movies
1- Download Voodoo Ota Rootkeeper from Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otkeeper&hl=en
2-Open The App And Allow SU permissions
3-Backup The Root
4-Once Backup is Completed Unroot The Device
5-Open Google play Movies And It should work ( your contry must be supported for rentals)
6- watch and enjoy
7- ps: you can restore and unroot anytime you want and i have tested and can report That it works 100%
8- Dont Forget To Press The Thanks Button if you found this helpful

All good, however this does not work on Xoom Stingray -
26th April 2012, 01:00 AM   |  #5  
Flag Erie
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
More
Supersu works on Stingray to watch google play movies.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA HD and Team Eos
The Following User Says Thank You to Dane Bagley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #6  
!Cloud Hack!
Thanks Meter: 6

66 posts
More
Does anyone know where on internal memory if you do use google play movies and download it for offline viewing where it is actually at which directory ? Or its file extension ?
24th May 2012, 01:40 AM   |  #7  
!Cloud Hack!
Thanks Meter: 6

66 posts
More
Ok I finally figured out where it is stored. So I temp unrooted my phone made purchase and then selected download for offline viewing. So in the directory there is a file

application_4jSa8szMNjs.wvm

so i brought my root back to get into that directory then where i was stumped i figured it would be wmv mp4 3gp or whatever with drm protection but no its wvm I have never heard of wvm. so anyways I moved the wvm file to a different directly. Temporarily unrooted my phone . Then went into the google play movie app and it said that the download was missing. so i know I have the proper file. Now my question is does anyone here know anything about a .wvm file ?
28th May 2012, 03:40 AM   |  #8  
Flag Miami, Florida
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
More
Try changing the file extention to .wmv
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluh5d

Ok I finally figured out where it is stored. So I temp unrooted my phone made purchase and then selected download for offline viewing. So in the directory there is a file

application_4jSa8szMNjs.wvm

so i brought my root back to get into that directory then where i was stumped i figured it would be wmv mp4 3gp or whatever with drm protection but no its wvm I have never heard of wvm. so anyways I moved the wvm file to a different directly. Temporarily unrooted my phone . Then went into the google play movie app and it said that the download was missing. so i know I have the proper file. Now my question is does anyone here know anything about a .wvm file ?

Make a copy first then change extension and play in media player.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread