Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Solar Powered Charging Dock

OP mingolianbeef

23rd April 2012, 01:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,147

1,942 posts
More
DUUUUUDE the E3D has a solar powered charging dock OMG this is awesome

http://www.onlyevo.com/on-the-go-sol...er-bc-uk7.html
23rd April 2012, 03:42 AM   |  #2  
Flag Plymouth/USA
Thanks Meter: 62

602 posts
No, the E3D does NOT have a solar powered portable battery. Any device running off a volt output can use this. Also.. it doesn't even give you the spec of battery or the ampage etc.

Hope I'm not being to harsh here, but just because it's under the 'Evo 3D' section of a website doesn't mean it's specifically for the device. I look at that website, and you can get everything on it from ebay, likely cheaper.

Honestly.. go and get one from Deal Extreme instead, at least they give you the specifications.
23rd April 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 30

258 posts
This is not a dock, this is a external solar chargable battery pack that work with everyphone, including the iphone

and solar chargers most likely it won't charge above 50% on solar, it is very common with solar charger
if you charge it on AC/USB it will reach 100%, but on solar most of them won't go more than 50%
23rd April 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,147

1,942 posts
More
Oooooh @ both ppl thx for ur input . I think its cool where technology is headed. Solar powered charging of any kind is cool. Btw has anyone ever bought something from these ppl.???

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
23rd April 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #5  
Flag Plymouth/USA
Thanks Meter: 62

602 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognimnella

Oooooh @ both ppl thx for ur input . I think its cool where technology is headed. Solar powered charging of any kind is cool. Btw has anyone ever bought something from these ppl.???

lol

It's cool what you can do, but just be aware it's nothing new :) Sorry if I was harsh, was tired last night. Anywho go here, as an example: http://s.dealextreme.com/search/sola...ry.html?page=1
29th April 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

51 posts
I have bought a universal solar powered charger at radioshack for like $75 about a year or so back (can't remember brand name) but it was horrible. It took about 4-6 hours atleast to charge the Damn thing (and that was with constant sunlight) and then it would only charge my phone for about a half hour. So needless to say I returned it lol.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread