FORUMS

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][NC] Unofficial CM9 Nightly builds - with/without OpenGL

23rd April 2012, 01:26 AM |#501  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

I use Dolphin browser and have my user agent set to desktop. That could be the difference.

When I download there, I get a countdown of 10 seconds followed by a pop-up asking if I want to download the file by name.

Yep, same here with Dolphin set to "Android" (the default UA)
 
 
23rd April 2012, 01:49 AM |#502  
DizzyDen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 564
 
More
nevermind... I had a moment.
23rd April 2012, 02:47 AM |#503  
bornagainpenguin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Okay, I gotta ask...

I'm currently running Eyeballer's build without opengl from 4/20 no other patches besides the softkey mod by leapinlar. My understanding is that flash doesn't work on the non-opengl versions of Cm9, correct? But I went ahead and installed it anyway from the market and hit up newgrounds.com, expecting a crash or something, but everything worked just fine! I'm using Opera if that matters?

I have a nandroid and am upgrading to the latest for the ability to have usb mass storage, but am hoping not to lose this unexpected ability to run flash on CM9.... I'll probably restore the current install if that happens.

I have to say that I am beyond amazed at how much better this is than the opengl builds.

Thanks!


Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
23rd April 2012, 03:26 AM |#504  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,794
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin

Okay, I gotta ask...

I'm currently running Eyeballer's build without opengl from 4/20 no other patches besides the softkey mod by leapinlar. My understanding is that flash doesn't work on the non-opengl versions of Cm9, correct? But I went ahead and installed it anyway from the market and hit up newgrounds.com, expecting a crash or something, but everything worked just fine! I'm using Opera if that matters?

I have a nandroid and am upgrading to the latest for the ability to have usb mass storage, but am hoping not to lose this unexpected ability to run flash on CM9.... I'll probably restore the current install if that happens.

I have to say that I am beyond amazed at how much better this is than the opengl builds.

Thanks!


Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

I am running eyeballers 4/22 non-opengl and that site comes up but plays no videos (using Dolphin). It plays fine on CM7 and my Galaxy Tab with flash.

BTW, if you want the UMS to work on 4/22 and my softkey patch, you need to use my latest patch with it to get UMS.

Edit: I installed Opera Mini and tried and it still did not work. I then installed Opera Mobile and it played the videos. I think you have stumbled onto something great. I have a flash settings link from adobe that I tried and it worked also. Try this link:

http://settings.adobe.com/flashplayer/mobile

It opens and runs in Opera Mobile.
Last edited by leapinlar; 23rd April 2012 at 04:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 03:34 AM |#505  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin

Okay, I gotta ask...

I'm currently running Eyeballer's build without opengl from 4/20 no other patches besides the softkey mod by leapinlar. My understanding is that flash doesn't work on the non-opengl versions of Cm9, correct? But I went ahead and installed it anyway from the market and hit up newgrounds.com, expecting a crash or something, but everything worked just fine! I'm using Opera if that matters?

I have a nandroid and am upgrading to the latest for the ability to have usb mass storage, but am hoping not to lose this unexpected ability to run flash on CM9.... I'll probably restore the current install if that happens.

I have to say that I am beyond amazed at how much better this is than the opengl builds.

Thanks!


Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Opera has the capability of playing some flash content. It is the only browser I have found running non-opengl that plays some video. It is working on the 4/22 build for me as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to bdcrim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 04:18 AM |#506  
scottx .'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, Texas
Thanks Meter: 814
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJL

On your browser freeze... Do you have "force gpu rendering" checked? If you do, you will get random/occaisional freeze.

Is that the cause of the freezes most of us experience? I went back to cm7 because the freezing was more than i could take.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 03:30 PM |#507  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballer

The latest 4/22 builds posted include the option for UMS (cm7-like USB mass storage). It's in settings-storage-menu-usb computer connection.

Yep, worked great for me this morning. Wow, that's so much better than the alternatives!
Quote:

Thanks again to keyodi for his work on this

Will do!
23rd April 2012, 04:26 PM |#508  
bornagainpenguin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

BTW, if you want the UMS to work on 4/22, you need to use my latest patch with it to get UMS.

Could I get a link to the patch? I am on the latest (AFAIK, will check if updated since last night) and the option is still greyed out for me. Or did you mean your phone GUI soft keys patch, because I'm already running that. Not sure if maybe I missed a post somewhere....

Thanks again.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
23rd April 2012, 04:45 PM |#509  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,794
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornagainpenguin

Could I get a link to the patch? I am on the latest (AFAIK, will check if updated since last night) and the option is still greyed out for me. Or did you mean your phone GUI soft keys patch, because I'm already running that. Not sure if maybe I missed a post somewhere....

Thanks again.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Yes I meant my 4/22 softkey patch.

Thanks for the info about Opera Mobile running flash while still running non-opengl. Now the only thing I miss is Netflix with CM9. And that will come someday, I'm sure.

I like having the option of UMS on CM9 now. The only thing I did not like about MTP was certain files were hidden from you. It was like the newer Windows operating systems (XP and above) denying access to certain files and folders. Like we have to be protected from our own stupidity. I hate that! Not that we all can't do something stupid once in a while, I just don't like being dictated to and restricted like that. That's what the original root restrictions on android were for too.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk
Last edited by leapinlar; 23rd April 2012 at 05:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 06:07 PM |#510  
bornagainpenguin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Yes I meant my 4/22 softkey patch.

Thanks for the info about Opera Mobile running flash while still running non-opengl. Now the only thing I miss is Netflix with CM9. And that will come someday, I'm sure.

Huh. I ran the earlier version of the patch without noticing any issues. I guess I got lucky?

Glad the info about Opera Mobile was useful to you, sorry for not specifying the fact it was the mobile version I was talking about.

Haven't tested it out yet, but I'm happy to have UMS back again as well, seeing as how I mostly run Linux these days. I really don't understand why Google wants to throw away one of the better features of Android just to make it more difficult to use...

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, ics, nightly
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes