Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 42,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] MySquare : A foursquare client

Tip us?

restart_77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
now i hard reset my phone, and before installing any program i install mysquare and still the same problem

just tips is working and from tips you can check in. friends and places are not working says can not connect to foursquare....

RebeccaBecky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default OK for me

Just wanted to say that the App does still work for me. I have an HTC Touch Pro2, unfortunately I don't know what the answer is for those that it isn't working for.

crax_pax_fax
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've just downloaded new version from risingmobility.com - it works OK now! Hooray!!!

Lukascamara
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default My application does not open!

I could not use the Mysquare on my Smartphone. the application did not open. My Smartphone and Samsung Omnia Pro 652 it has a Windows Mobile 6.5. help me please! this application only works on touchscreen devices?

constantine.johny
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Aye, downloaded version 2.0.4 from RisingMobility (via Update in the App) and everything works again! Have HTC Touch Pro2.
Thanks a lot! =)

Bigdawgx2005
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Location Problem

I am constantly having a problem with it figuring out where I am. For instance I am in NY and it thinks that I am in NJ somewhere so I cannot find the places that I want to check in!

atasayar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
how can i change my account at program?

satyr8
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Friends tab

about a month I can not see the friends list.
When I try, it displays: "Cannot connect to foursquare, try again"

everything else seems to work

staurakis
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default No friend's list

Indeed I can confirm the above comment. A long time ago, the friends list stopped to display anything.....
HD2 T-Mobile WM6.5 OS Version: 5.2.21892(21892.5.0.89) - Manila version: 2.5.20121412.2 - ROM version: 2.13.531.1(90963) WWE / 28/04/2010 - Radio version: 2.10.50.26 - Protocol version: 15.39.50.07U
www.refink.gr

Tim.C
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just found this thread and trying to catch up. Sorry if I go over anything already covered that I missed.

I seem to be having similar problems to those others have seen.

Yesterday I hit the 'check for updates' button and installed version 2.0.4 - I don't know what version I had before, but I think it was a 1.?.? version.

It all worked fine before, but now it is all messed up.

This is what I have on the tabs;

Places;
Lists OK and for the right area, but the icons are all generic, not the normal ones. Also when I check in it says "Cannot connect to foursuare, try again."
However, when I check the Foursquare site, it has checked me in!! It has also posted the checkin on my Twitter feed!!

Tips Nearby;
"Cannot connect to foursuare, try again."

Friends;
"Cannot connect to foursuare, try again."

Settings;
Account : Re-auth

I have done the re-auth many times and it says "Your token was registered. Enjoy foursquare."

*** It also seems a lot slower - is this because it is waiting for a response and timing out???

Thanks for any help.
I have never seen any alternative to this app, so if I can't get this working I'll probably have to drop foursquare altogether.

Tim.C

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

UPDATE:

Just to see if it fixed it, I went to the foursquare page and revoked access and ten re-authorised.

Unfortunately no change, but it did show that it was authorising the app.

When I revoked it the PLACES tab stopped working, and came back when I re-authorised again (though still claiming not to check in)
HTC HD2

Disclaimer : I reserve the right to change my mind if I later decide I was talking rubbish.

Tags
foursquare, gps, social network