Ask noob(newb) questions here.

OP Drewmungus

22nd April 2012, 12:12 AM   |  #451  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 3

80 posts
Hello,

I come from Evo 4G rooting/custom roming

I just have a simple question, does one need a rooted nook tablet in order to install custom roms?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1512373

From what I understand so far, I can either have the custgom rom installed on the SD card or on the actual internal nook memory, is this correct?
22nd April 2012, 12:27 AM   |  #452  
Thanks Meter: 321

1,279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotatorkuf

Hello,

I come from Evo 4G rooting/custom roming

I just have a simple question, does one need a rooted nook tablet in order to install custom roms?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1512373

From what I understand so far, I can either have the custgom rom installed on the SD card or on the actual internal nook memory, is this correct?

That's right. You can run a ROM from an SD card which doesn't require any rooting.

Or you can flash a ROM to the actual Nook Tablet internally through ClockworkMod.
22nd April 2012, 11:47 PM   |  #453  
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
Rooted, Have Google Play, but Add Account isn't working
I have a rooted Nook Tablet currently 1.4.2, rooted using this method:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1488035

When I click Google Play, I get the message to add a gmail account before I use Google Play. I click Yes, I want to add one now, and Google Play simply closes to the home screen. Any ideas?
22nd April 2012, 11:50 PM   |  #454  

1,279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thephil

I have a rooted Nook Tablet currently 1.4.2, rooted using this method:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1488035

When I click Google Play, I get the message to add a gmail account before I use Google Play. I click Yes, I want to add one now, and Google Play simply closes to the home screen. Any ideas?

Go into the app manager and try clearing data and cache for the Google Play app, then reboot.
22nd April 2012, 11:59 PM   |  #455  
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar.Plexus

Go into the app manager and try clearing data and cache for the Google Play app, then reboot.

I don't have the App Manager app, and when I click settings, I only see "Home", "Social", "Reader", etc. I know what you're talking about, I've seen that on my phone, but can't find that on my rooted Nook Tablet
23rd April 2012, 02:52 AM   |  #456  

1,279 posts
More
Quote:

I don't have the App Manager app, and when I click settings, I only see "Home", "Social", "Reader", etc. I know what you're talking about, I've seen that on my phone, but can't find that on my rooted Nook Tablet

I honestly can't remember much about the stock ROM at all, haha. There's got to be a way to bring up an app manager though.

You could also try using Titanium Backup and Wipe Data from there.
23rd April 2012, 11:18 AM   |  #457  
Flag Tacoma, Wa
Thanks Meter: 43

144 posts
More
Quote:

You will need nook tablet hidden settings apk. I know it used to be in the Development section. From there, you should be able to do one of two things:

(Im going from memory, the stock rom was useless and a while ago.)
Settings->Acounts->(Stuff I can remember)->Add Google account.
OR
Settings->Apps->Play Store->Clear data

Hope this helps get you on the right track.
18th May 2013, 04:43 AM   |  #458  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Rooted Bntv250, 16gb, running 1.4.3 rooted and ADW
I have had it with BN customer service. All they do is send you in circles when you try to recover purchases. I want nothing further to do with them. I don't have any issues running it rooted but I am wondering if it's possible to replace the BN crap and run this as an Android tablet. Not as an overlay, and with no possibility of reverting. I don't care a bit about warranty, it's 2 years old. All of the roms seem to run on top of the BN crap. Is this a necessity?
18th May 2013, 06:53 AM   |  #459  
Thanks Meter: 121

523 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauerquint

All of the roms seem to run on top of the BN crap. Is this a necessity?

I don't know what you mean with this. Install a CM10 or CM10. 1 and you will not see any trace of BN.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk 2
18th May 2013, 08:58 AM   |  #460  
Flag Robinson
Thanks Meter: 115

307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Am I making it harder than it is to install a custom rom on this? I have it rooted and running ADW on GB. Do I have to install cyanoboot in order to boot to a recovery? I have read more things on this tablet and am more confused than any other device. I am familiar with rooting some android devices, but I can't seem to locate a definite guide that tells me what I need to install. Can I just use goo manager to install TWRP and if so how do you boot into recovery? Sorry I am just so confused and aggravated with this thing.

edit: what is the code name for this tablet?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Nook Tablet General by ThreadRank