DoomKernel for Locked Bootloader
Originally Posted by FeraVolt
2nd Release Uploaded. If useres from 1st release want to install 2nd..you may choose Non-wipe installation...there will be no problems at all.
I am on V.14~Volt~2012, locked bootloader, and I really want to install V.14.2.
I would like to know from you that will this installation wipe all data?
Anyway, in the installation instructions, you have not stated about installing DoomKernel for locked bootloader. Do we need to install Kernel for locked one or not? coz last time, after installed rom v.14, I installed Kernel before reboot.
If no need to install kernel, are the following steps correct for Locked Bootloader? please correct me.
- Connect your Phone to charger and charge till 100%
- Download and Copy my rom to your SDcard
- Now boot into any Recovery(Don't unplug charger) and:
. Format SYSTEM
. Format CACHE
. Fix Permissions
- Then simply install rom (Install Zip). Follow the installation wizard. - Wait
- Patiently wait till Rom installs. Don't rush. It will take about 3 minutes to install. Then reboot.
- 2-5minutes. Reboot your phone and open any Recovery - Fix Permissions again.
- Now it will be fast and stable. You can customize it as you want now. Once you finish your customization, reboot again. Also dont' unplug charger - wait till it charges till 100% again.