Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

How to get Boot Sound to work?

OP TommUK

8th April 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 61
 
275 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Okay, so I've been trying to get the Android Vs Apple Boot Sound to work with the Boot Animation.

What I've done, Installed a Sound Binary from Boot Animation Changer, Renamed the sound file to Android_audio.mp3, And placed the file in /System/Media/Audio/Ui, With the Permissions Rw-rw-rw
Nothing.
I checked the Default.xml file, to see if it points to the file.

<BootAnimation animation="/system/customize/resource/htc_bootanimation.zip" audio="/system/customize/resource/android_audio.mp3" />
</BootConfiguration>

So i placed the Sound file into System/customise/resource/ and yet still no sound,
I suppose I'm a noob, so if anyone can help me out that would be great, thanks.
8th April 2012, 02:12 PM   |  #2  
Reinaldo33897's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 516
 
1,198 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommUK

Okay, so I've been trying to get the Android Vs Apple Boot Sound to work with the Boot Animation.

What I've done, Installed a Sound Binary from Boot Animation Changer, Renamed the sound file to Android_audio.mp3, And placed the file in /System/Media/Audio/Ui, With the Permissions Rw-rw-rw
Nothing.
I checked the Default.xml file, to see if it points to the file.




So i placed the Sound file into System/customise/resource/ and yet still no sound,
I suppose I'm a noob, so if anyone can help me out that would be great, thanks.

Are you running ics or gingerbread rom. Boot sound goes in phone-system-media folder and must be named Android_audio.mp3. Did you also mount bootsnd.sh thru terminal emulator for gingerbread rom. Boot sound don't work on ics roms as of yet. Don't know if non release of source codes has to do anything with that.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
Last edited by Reinaldo33897; 8th April 2012 at 02:16 PM.
8th April 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 61
 
275 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinaldo33897

Are you running ics or gingerbread rom. Boot sound goes in phone-system-media folder and must be named Android_audio.mp3. Did you also mount bootsnd.sh thru terminal emulator for gingerbread rom. Boot sound don't work on ics roms as of yet. Don't know if non release of source codes has to do anything with that.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Hey, It's a a GingerBread ROM.
And I already had it in System/media but it didn't work there.

But nevermind got it working now in Sytem/Customise/resource
Cheers anyway
8th April 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #4  
Reinaldo33897's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 516
 
1,198 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommUK

Hey, It's a a GingerBread ROM.
And I already had it in System/media but it didn't work there.

But nevermind got it working now in Sytem/Customise/resource
Cheers anyway

You need to load the bootsnd.sh file and reboot for it to work. I'm on the road but if you go over the inspire thread and go to theme section and boot animation request page at the end page I have a link to my drop box there that has the file and installation instructions if you want. It should make sound work after reboot. Just unzip copy bootsnd file to root of SD and type command in terminal emulator. If you don't have term emu go to market and download it its free.

Edit: Oh OK good.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 03:57 AM   |  #5  
D1358531's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137
 
1,004 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Any way to get this to work on a Samsung Mini? I tried everything (following all the steps in other threads here) and can't get it to work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, audio, bootanimation, bootsound, root
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes