Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,704 Members 52,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CyanogenMod 9 ICS for Captivate Q&A(Unofficial)

Tip us?

br123
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have been having a very annoying issue since the early builds and continuing until now. The phone app will on occasion stop working completely. I will try to place a call and I can hit the call button or the contact as many times as I want, but the call won't get placed. If I wait 5 minutes or so, then they all get placed simultaneously, which results in lots of calls being put on hold. So basically, sometimes, I can't call anyone. It's extremely annoying because it happens with regularity. Does anyone else have this issue?

JDMmaster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just want to start of with: Awesome ROM, completely revived by Cappy, was looking for a new phone, not any more.

Quick question, for anyone using their phone to play music in the car via bluetooth, the time elapsed for each song displayed on the headunit does not work properly. Not sure if it's the headunit or the phone, but the time just keeps counting 0...1...2...0....1...0...1...2...3..0..1 etc etc...

Does this happen to anyone else (if not, must be my headunit), or possibly a bug in CM9?

MattWeiler
Old
(Last edited by MattWeiler; 21st April 2012 at 01:46 AM.) Reason: forgot to add version
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
I upgraded to the galaxy s ii recently and I actually miss all the settings that come with CM9
At least I finally got ICS on my S II

I'm back to using my captivate in my car as a GPS since i have the car dock for it, but can't connect to my S II via wifi, but my laptop does work.
Is anyone else having issues connecting their captivate via a wifi connection?

My captivate is running CM9 build 17.

ReDaved
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by br123 View Post
I have been having a very annoying issue since the early builds and continuing until now. The phone app will on occasion stop working completely. I will try to place a call and I can hit the call button or the contact as many times as I want, but the call won't get placed. If I wait 5 minutes or so, then they all get placed simultaneously, which results in lots of calls being put on hold. So basically, sometimes, I can't call anyone. It's extremely annoying because it happens with regularity. Does anyone else have this issue?
I have to say [knock on wood] i've had great success with this rom, and many of the nightlys. I had an issues with gmail and sync [i guess that was it] a week or more ago, i wiped, wiped, and re-wiped, and cleared all kinds of cache, and flashed and re-flashed. and sync is working again.
I've had issues with 'low memory or space' and i guess i need 80 or more percent free space on my internal memory? I spent some time moving almost every thing i could to the ext SD [which is now 80 to 90 percent full] and everything seems to working like a dream, i've only had to flash the last several nightlys and all is well

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattWeiler View Post
I upgraded to the galaxy s ii recently and I actually miss all the settings that come with CM9
At least I finally got ICS on my S II

I'm back to using my captivate in my car as a GPS since i have the car dock for it, but can't connect to my S II via wifi, but my laptop does work.
Is anyone else having issues connecting their captivate via a wifi connection?

My captivate is running CM9 build 17.
Do you mean just a regular home wifi connection, I've had great success with that. I also love using my cappy as my regular daily GPS i love it!

Jesterdtm
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by br123 View Post
Yup, i've had that few times. has not happened yet on 4-19 nightly.

ReDaved
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default ouch

RIGHT after bragging about how i love the ics and no issues BAM!
the [apparently known ] Encryption Unsuccessful 'event' ugh
after much angst, and research, i found and followed cgugino's instructions and got it back up again, limping of sorts, NO internal memory at all fully off the real external sd
[unable to reply to that thread due to the randomness of 10 'helpful posts']
seems like that thread should be a sticky as a warning

korockinout13
Old
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDaved View Post
RIGHT after bragging about how i love the ics and no issues BAM!
the [apparently known ] Encryption Unsuccessful 'event' ugh
after much angst, and research, i found and followed cgugino's instructions and got it back up again, limping of sorts, NO internal memory at all fully off the real external sd
[unable to reply to that thread due to the randomness of 10 'helpful posts']
seems like that thread should be a sticky as a warning
Did you do a factory reset after you got it? That should be the first thing you try
Nexus 5 16GB on T-Mobile: CM11 / Android L + TWRP || Nexus 7 2012 32GB: Stock 4.4 + Xposed + franco + TWRP
Nexus 4 (cracked & sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII i777 (sold)|AT&T Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 (sold)

All in One Guide for Samsung i897 Captivate, i9000 Galaxy S
Get extra space on Copy or Dropbox with a new account!

CheesyNutz
Old
Thanks Meter 2947
sorry if this has been asked before but im new to the cappy and im rooted with the newest cm9 nightly and i have to say top notch work !

anyways what the best settings for setcpu ? im looking for battery life mainly OC not really a much please and thank you
Copy Cloud storage https://copy.com?r=cgXMEB
DropBox Cloud storage http://db.tt/UnygTbN

billyjed
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyNutz View Post
sorry if this has been asked before but im new to the cappy and im rooted with the newest cm9 nightly and i have to say top notch work !

anyways what the best settings for setcpu ? im looking for battery life mainly OC not really a much please and thank you
Can't really oc with stock cm9 kernel. You can use glitch or semaphore, but the stock kernel is pretty quick.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

CheesyNutz
Old
Thanks Meter 2947
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjed View Post
Can't really oc with stock cm9 kernel. You can use glitch or semaphore, but the stock kernel is pretty quick.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

not looking to oc like i said just some good stable battery saving settings
Copy Cloud storage https://copy.com?r=cgXMEB
DropBox Cloud storage http://db.tt/UnygTbN