Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

What is the best kernel to use with the new express rom?

OP htc1005

22nd April 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
I installed the new Express rom without installing a new kernel so I still have the stock kernel that is on the phone. I wanted to change to another kernel that goes well with this rom especially helping with battery life. What do you guys suggest? I was reading on the other forums and read to go with classic sbc kernel? not sure what is or where I would find the kernel to download. Thanks for the help!
Last edited by htc1005; 22nd April 2012 at 04:17 AM.
22nd April 2012, 07:34 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 21

108 posts
There is no right answer. Different people have different results with the same kernel, so just try a few of the popular ones out for yourself. Experiment with different governors and I/O schedulers too.
22nd April 2012, 07:47 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ocean City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 158

963 posts
More
Here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1557248
23rd April 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #4  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 301

590 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc1005

I installed the new Express rom without installing a new kernel so I still have the stock kernel that is on the phone. I wanted to change to another kernel that goes well with this rom especially helping with battery life. What do you guys suggest? I was reading on the other forums and read to go with classic sbc kernel? not sure what is or where I would find the kernel to download. Thanks for the help!

This is just my two cents but I would personally go with either #1 choice: Underworld Kernel. Plan B: #2 choice: Mason Kernel.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread