Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 46,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is the best kernel to use with the new express rom?

Tip us?

htc1005
Old
(Last edited by htc1005; 22nd April 2012 at 03:17 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default What is the best kernel to use with the new express rom?

I installed the new Express rom without installing a new kernel so I still have the stock kernel that is on the phone. I wanted to change to another kernel that goes well with this rom especially helping with battery life. What do you guys suggest? I was reading on the other forums and read to go with classic sbc kernel? not sure what is or where I would find the kernel to download. Thanks for the help!

Brilliancy
Old
Thanks Meter 21
There is no right answer. Different people have different results with the same kernel, so just try a few of the popular ones out for yourself. Experiment with different governors and I/O schedulers too.

{ParanoiA}
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1557248
HTC ONE M8: S-OFF
ROM: ViperOneM8
RECOVERY: TWRP
KERNEL: Stock

Nickitt
Old
Thanks Meter 214

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc1005 View Post
I installed the new Express rom without installing a new kernel so I still have the stock kernel that is on the phone. I wanted to change to another kernel that goes well with this rom especially helping with battery life. What do you guys suggest? I was reading on the other forums and read to go with classic sbc kernel? not sure what is or where I would find the kernel to download. Thanks for the help!
This is just my two cents but I would personally go with either #1 choice: Underworld Kernel. Plan B: #2 choice: Mason Kernel.