FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] REMOVING TWRP software

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By mtdulmag, Junior Member on 16th April 2012, 02:00 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have just downloaded the twrp software today on my kindle fire. It wont download any of the custom ROMs so I am just stuck on this screen. I even called Amazon and they couldnt help me...

Does anybody know how to remove TWRP from the kindle and set it back to the default system and its normal setup??
 
 
16th April 2012, 02:25 AM |#2  
rockstarar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
You called amazon and asked about twrp? Lol.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA
16th April 2012, 02:26 AM |#3  
soupmagnet's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,528
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdulmag

I have just downloaded the twrp software today on my kindle fire. It wont download any of the custom ROMs so I am just stuck on this screen. I even called Amazon and they couldnt help me...

Does anybody know how to remove TWRP from the kindle and set it back to the default system and its normal setup??

I'm sure that for you, this is not amusing. But for me, its funny for so many reasons. We'll fix you up, don't worry. But first let me explain a few things.

When you make any alterations to Amazon's proprietary Kindle Fire interface such as rooting or installing custom recovery, you void your warranty and in the process waive certain benefits like Amazon customer service.

But since you have already done that, you want to make sure you have good fail safes to protect your investment. Of course one of those fail safes is custom recovery (TWRP). Removing it at this point with the skill level you are at right now is a VERY BAD IDEA.

The good news is, your Kindle is not broken. In fact, its doing exactly what it was designed to do, although its pretty hard for you to see that at the moment.

So the first thing you need to do is read this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23747567

And come back when you are done


Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
16th April 2012, 02:30 AM |#4  
kinfauns's Avatar
Developer Committee Lead / Senior Moderator - The Quiet One
Thanks Meter: 3,438
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdulmag

I have just downloaded the twrp software today on my kindle fire. It wont download any of the custom ROMs so I am just stuck on this screen. I even called Amazon and they couldnt help me...

Does anybody know how to remove TWRP from the kindle and set it back to the default system and its normal setup??

I'm guessing thousands of people have used TWRP successfully to get ROMs installed, so I suspect something else is going on. Maybe you'd like to give this a read...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1552547

so you can get an idea of how things work. Then if you want to explain...

1) what you did so far and how you did it
2) how you are trying to install ROMs
3) exactly what your Kindle Fire is doing

I or someone else here can help you get where you are going. Whether that's flashing a new rom or going back to stock, that's up to you.

As a side note, calling Amazon to tell them you've voided the warranty by flashing unauthorized software and then asking for help is probably not a good idea.

EDIT: There were no replies yet when I started typing.
22nd April 2012, 02:29 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Next Step
Alright I have read the thread from that link, now what is the next step?
23rd April 2012, 03:12 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 148
 
Donate to Me
More
It could be the cable. When you download stuff, always try at least 5 times. I always have to anyway.

Haha to calling Amazon by the way.
23rd April 2012, 08:42 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 1
 
Donate to Me
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdulmag

I have just downloaded the twrp software today on my kindle fire. It wont download any of the custom ROMs so I am just stuck on this screen. I even called Amazon and they couldnt help me...

Does anybody know how to remove TWRP from the kindle and set it back to the default system and its normal setup??

Lol, to calling Amazon. Stick in there buddy a few months ago I was also a totl noob. It gets easier and there are lots of peeps here that can help you with pretty much any problem. A little bit of searching help too. What I do before I even start downloading ROM's, mod's or, add-ons, I do a bit of research. That way I where to look again if I bork something.
15th October 2014, 08:24 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
kindle gen 1 twrp
Hey I have a KF 1st gen that I have rooted. Currently it is I guess stuck in twrp. It is holding the blue and white KF logo. I can use the power button to go into boot mode/twrp to reboot. However once past that area it will immediately power down. And truly I would liketo go back to stock rom.
16th October 2014, 05:01 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnia

Hey I have a KF 1st gen that I have rooted. Currently it is I guess stuck in twrp. It is holding the blue and white KF logo. I can use the power button to go into boot mode/twrp to reboot. However once past that area it will immediately power down. And truly I would liketo go back to stock rom.

Your in Bootloader, and Twrp is not working correctly
You will need to flash twrp to fix.
See How to flash twrp and firefirefire with a Fastboot cable
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...17&postcount=2

Shows basic steps, you have Bootloader, so don't need the fastboot cable, so download adb files, and twrp.IMG
And use
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrpfilename
Fastboot reboot
Sent from my Amazon OtterX using Tapatalk
31st October 2015, 12:21 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
KF1 flashed with TWRP 2.2.21-blaze/CM11 OtterX Nightly
Successfully flashed the above TWRP on a KF1, and then used it to install CM11 OtterX Nightly the latest (10-04-2015) build.

Now it's stuck in boot loading.

Reentering TWRP console, which I can do--I have full TWRP, but I no longer have any Zips to install from. (My SDCard was wiped.)

I've tried to use ADB to push (after struggling with the drivers) the build back to my KF1, but I find I don't have permissions set up correctly.

I did reflash TWRP as is recommended below, but that did not help the boot load freeze.

Can I use ADB to push the build back for a reinstall? Can I use fastboot to push it?

What is the proper course to recover this KF1?

BTW, I do not have a factory cable.

Thanks for the help!



Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

Your in Bootloader, and Twrp is not working correctly
You will need to flash twrp to fix.
See How to flash twrp and firefirefire with a Fastboot cable
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...17&postcount=2

Shows basic steps, you have Bootloader, so don't need the fastboot cable, so download adb files, and twrp.IMG
And use

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrpfilename
Fastboot reboot
Sent from my Amazon OtterX using Tapatalk

31st October 2015, 12:33 AM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynail33

Successfully flashed the above TWRP on a KF1, and then used it to install CM11 OtterX Nightly the latest (10-04-2015) build.

TWRP 2.2.21-blaze is not compatible with any roms with "OtterX" , CM11, or CM12
"Otter" CM 11 requires Twrp 2.7.1.0 or newer
see Kindle Fire Flashable Recoveries/FFF TWRP/COTR/CWM

OtterX roms require OtterX bootloader, and OtterX Twrp
see [How To] Fix Otter X Install Errors, Partition sizes, Unable to Mount System.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote:

I no longer have any Zips to install from. (My SDCard was wiped.)

I've tried to use ADB to push (after struggling with the drivers) the build back to my KF1, but I find I don't have permissions set up correctly.

what commands are you using? what error are you getting?
Quote:

BTW, I do not have a factory cable.

Factory cable is not needed if you have a custom bootloader
Last edited by sd_shadow; 31st October 2015 at 12:29 AM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes