Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,344 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] REMOVING TWRP software

Tip us?

mtdulmag
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] REMOVING TWRP software

I have just downloaded the twrp software today on my kindle fire. It wont download any of the custom ROMs so I am just stuck on this screen. I even called Amazon and they couldnt help me...

Does anybody know how to remove TWRP from the kindle and set it back to the default system and its normal setup??

rockstarar
Old
Thanks Meter 129
You called amazon and asked about twrp? Lol.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA

T-Mobile
stock
macbook air, mac pro, kindle fire, mytouch 4g

soupmagnet
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdulmag View Post
I have just downloaded the twrp software today on my kindle fire. It wont download any of the custom ROMs so I am just stuck on this screen. I even called Amazon and they couldnt help me...

Does anybody know how to remove TWRP from the kindle and set it back to the default system and its normal setup??
I'm sure that for you, this is not amusing. But for me, its funny for so many reasons. We'll fix you up, don't worry. But first let me explain a few things.

When you make any alterations to Amazon's proprietary Kindle Fire interface such as rooting or installing custom recovery, you void your warranty and in the process waive certain benefits like Amazon customer service.

But since you have already done that, you want to make sure you have good fail safes to protect your investment. Of course one of those fail safes is custom recovery (TWRP). Removing it at this point with the skill level you are at right now is a VERY BAD IDEA.

The good news is, your Kindle is not broken. In fact, its doing exactly what it was designed to do, although its pretty hard for you to see that at the moment.

So the first thing you need to do is read this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23747567

And come back when you are done

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

kinfauns
Old
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,066
Quote:

I'm guessing thousands of people have used TWRP successfully to get ROMs installed, so I suspect something else is going on. Maybe you'd like to give this a read...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1552547

so you can get an idea of how things work. Then if you want to explain...

1) what you did so far and how you did it
2) how you are trying to install ROMs
3) exactly what your Kindle Fire is doing

I or someone else here can help you get where you are going. Whether that's flashing a new rom or going back to stock, that's up to you.

As a side note, calling Amazon to tell them you've voided the warranty by flashing unauthorized software and then asking for help is probably not a good idea.

EDIT: There were no replies yet when I started typing.

mtdulmag
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Next Step

Alright I have read the thread from that link, now what is the next step?

Jessical
Old
Thanks Meter 146

DONATE TO ME
It could be the cable. When you download stuff, always try at least 5 times. I always have to anyway.

Haha to calling Amazon by the way.
iPad Mini - iOS 7 Beta / Huawei Fusion 2 U8665 - CyanogenMod 10.1

kenndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Lol, to calling Amazon. Stick in there buddy a few months ago I was also a totl noob. It gets easier and there are lots of peeps here that can help you with pretty much any problem. A little bit of searching help too. What I do before I even start downloading ROM's, mod's or, add-ons, I do a bit of research. That way I where to look again if I bork something.