Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ice Cream Sandwich touch sensitivity off?

Tip us?

XIInator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ice Cream Sandwich touch sensitivity off?

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, I really don't know what to call this or the best keyword to describe it; I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi only and have tried out a few builds of ICS (one from CM9 and the other AOSK or whatever it is). I have even tried the latest build (33) and still have this problem. I had a Comic Reader app where if I swipe up or down, it would change the comics (left and right would change the comic by date). There seemed to be a problem where I'd swipe up and it would think I was swiping horizontally instead. It was driving me crazy.

The best way I can describe a test would be:

Download Temple Run (game that you must swipe up, down, left and right). Try beating the first level. It was impossible for me to beat because I would try to swipe up and it would go down or left instead, etc. Just really off... anyone else have this issue?

This is the only thing that is hindering my tablet from having ICS; I could care less for the camera, my phone's camera is 100x's better anyways....

thanks!

rubene66
Old
Thanks Meter 18
i have that problem to i am using pershot builds
Devices:

OnePlus One
Rom: [4.4.4] [BACON] Mahdi-Rom 2.7

HTC One
ROM: 4.4.2 insertCoin

Nexus 10
ROM: OmniROM

New Nexus 7(2013)
Rom: OmniROM

twa_priv
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,521
Same issues here with Temple Run (pershoots latest build)

BobMiles
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have similar problems in F18 Carrier Landing game. In the menu, my touches and gestures seem to be interpreted randomly and so are they in-game...

No solution known to me though...

Tasartir
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also noticed this.
It's a ICS issue or the ROMs aren't 100% compatible touchscreen drivers.

Zikor
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Expect issues with the ICS you're using.. why? its because all of them are in beta.
LG G3 D855 (32GB)
iPhone 5s (32GB)
HTC One M7 (32GB)
LG Google Nexus 4 E960 (16GB) - Sold
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100T (Spare Phone)
Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300T (Pebble Blue!!)
Samsung Galaxy S I9000T (Music Player, Spare Phone)
Samsung Galaxy S II I9100T (Spare Phone?) - Sold
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Wifi Only) - Sold
Google Asus Nexus 7 (16GB Version) - Sold

Telecom NZ VDSL:

XIInator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Oh I know that there will be issues; I was just posting to see if others were having the same problem and/or if there were any possible solutions available. Hopefully the developers are aware of the problem and will fix it in upcoming releases, if at all possible. At least I know mine isn't the only one doing it. I could care less about the camera working, but this off-swiping makes me go back to HC for the time-being.

MapleSyrup
Old
Thanks Meter 821

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIInator View Post
Oh I know that there will be issues; I was just posting to see if others were having the same problem and/or if there were any possible solutions available. Hopefully the developers are aware of the problem and will fix it in upcoming releases, if at all possible. At least I know mine isn't the only one doing it. I could care less about the camera working, but this off-swiping makes me go back to HC for the time-being.
Try the latest build from pershoot http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4wifi/ (after flashing, you have to replace the boot.img). Temple Run works fine now.
The Following User Says Thank You to MapleSyrup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XIInator
Old
(Last edited by XIInator; 26th April 2012 at 03:18 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks! I will definitely try it. But one thing, what do you mean by "replace the boot.img"?

Edit: Hmmm I must be missing something, I keep getting the "assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") bla bla bla. Restoring previous ROM, too tired to think for now... I'll check back here later... thanks!

MapleSyrup
Old
Thanks Meter 821

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIInator View Post
Thanks! I will definitely try it. But one thing, what do you mean by "replace the boot.img"?

Edit: Hmmm I must be missing something, I keep getting the "assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") bla bla bla. Restoring previous ROM, too tired to think for now... I'll check back here later... thanks!
Replacing the boot.img is no longer necessary, now you have to flash the ICS of your preference (just use a recent build, the one in http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4wifi/ is ok.) and the new kernel in pershoot's blog: http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/ (direct link for the ics kernel for the p4wifi (26/04/12) http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/kern..._fp-042612.zip ). This may not be always necessary if the build you're flashing already has the latest kernel.

About the assert failed, you need to flash a new recovery (cwm) via Odin, use this one: http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4wifi/

The Following User Says Thank You to MapleSyrup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]