Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Clarification on faster 3g speed

OP 632627

23rd April 2012, 03:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
I live in Los Angeles where supposedly network vision upgrades are taking place. At my home, my 3g speeds have now greatly increased. Does this mean that Ite is also available right now?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
23rd April 2012, 03:49 AM   |  #2  
Flag Phoenix, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 1,307

3,597 posts
More
Can you even get 4G through Wimax at your house yet ?
23rd April 2012, 03:50 AM   |  #3  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 10

111 posts
More
Unfortunately not my friend...at least not yet. Even if it were, we won't vask in its glory until an LTE capable phone is in our hands. Can't wait...
23rd April 2012, 03:53 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
Yea, 4g wimax works surprisingly well at home for me. 3g was always abysmal until a few days ago.

23rd April 2012, 04:16 AM   |  #5  
Flag San Francisco, Ca
Thanks Meter: 32

220 posts
More
It could be that the lte hardware on the towers are being put in place but is not yet turned on. Don't hold me to that because I could be wrong. But in any case our phone couldnt ride those lte waves due to hardware implications :(
23rd April 2012, 04:32 AM   |  #6  
Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 8

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick3444

It could be that the lte hardware on the towers are being put in place but is not yet turned on. Don't hold me to that because I could be wrong. But in any case our phone couldnt ride those lte waves due to hardware implications :(

Keeping with you our phone can't support lte, but in terms of deployment no one knows. My friend got the thunderbolt with verizon when it first came out and as soon as verizon put the hardware up they turned on the service, sometimes it went down but wasn't "official" available until the whole region was covered and had 99% uptime.
23rd April 2012, 07:03 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

27 posts
I know our et4g can't take advantage of lte, but now that the nexus is out, I'm wondering if it would pick up an lte signal. I'm sure within the next few days we will have reports from Los Angeles based nexus users one way or another.

23rd April 2012, 07:33 AM   |  #8  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 119

281 posts
More
They probably won't. Pretty sure they're going to make sure 3g speeds and towers are up and completed before turning on LTE. Less problems to deal with and more resources in case any problems occur ala verizon outages.

Anyways... there's hardly any sprint LTE phones out there so i doubt the cost of upkeep justifies turning these things on yet....

Correct me if i'm wrong.
23rd April 2012, 07:42 AM   |  #9  
Flag Tampa Bay area
Thanks Meter: 3,498

6,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilotimz

They probably won't. Pretty sure they're going to make sure 3g speeds and towers are up and completed before turning on LTE. Less problems to deal with and more resources in case any problems occur ala verizon outages.

Anyways... there's hardly any sprint LTE phones out there so i doubt the cost of upkeep justifies turning these things on yet....

Correct me if i'm wrong.

It's all on one tower now, once the tower is on and its on. As soon as the tower is upgraded LTE will go live with the rest of the service. They may not officially announce its live but it will be. Unlike wimax where it was on a separate tower from sprint 1x and 3g the LTE will be on the same infrastructure as 1x-Advanced and 3g its all part of the Network Vision rollout/expansion

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread