Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 44,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Clarification on faster 3g speed

Tip us?

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Clarification on faster 3g speed

I live in Los Angeles where supposedly network vision upgrades are taking place. At my home, my 3g speeds have now greatly increased. Does this mean that Ite is also available right now?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

iSaint
Old
Thanks Meter 1,305
Can you even get 4G through Wimax at your house yet ?

⇝⇞Vacant⇞⇜

arrows83
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Unfortunately not my friend...at least not yet. Even if it were, we won't vask in its glory until an LTE capable phone is in our hands. Can't wait...

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Yea, 4g wimax works surprisingly well at home for me. 3g was always abysmal until a few days ago.

mick3444
Old
Thanks Meter 32
It could be that the lte hardware on the towers are being put in place but is not yet turned on. Don't hold me to that because I could be wrong. But in any case our phone couldnt ride those lte waves due to hardware implications :(
Phone: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Rom: Viper4G 3.0.0

Past Devices: -lg optimus s-samsung transform-kyocera echo-asus transformer (wifi)-Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch-Transformer Prime-Galaxy Nexus

Treat others how you want to be
treated!!!

morphis568
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick3444 View Post
It could be that the lte hardware on the towers are being put in place but is not yet turned on. Don't hold me to that because I could be wrong. But in any case our phone couldnt ride those lte waves due to hardware implications :(
Keeping with you our phone can't support lte, but in terms of deployment no one knows. My friend got the thunderbolt with verizon when it first came out and as soon as verizon put the hardware up they turned on the service, sometimes it went down but wasn't "official" available until the whole region was covered and had 99% uptime.
Current - Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Previous - Motorola Backflip - MB300 w/CM7 Thanks to j_r0dd

If I helped you somehow... maybe. A thanks would be nice.

Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I know our et4g can't take advantage of lte, but now that the nexus is out, I'm wondering if it would pick up an lte signal. I'm sure within the next few days we will have reports from Los Angeles based nexus users one way or another.

lilotimz
Old
Thanks Meter 119
They probably won't. Pretty sure they're going to make sure 3g speeds and towers are up and completed before turning on LTE. Less problems to deal with and more resources in case any problems occur ala verizon outages.

Anyways... there's hardly any sprint LTE phones out there so i doubt the cost of upkeep justifies turning these things on yet....

Correct me if i'm wrong.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-
Old
Thanks Meter 3,495

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilotimz View Post
They probably won't. Pretty sure they're going to make sure 3g speeds and towers are up and completed before turning on LTE. Less problems to deal with and more resources in case any problems occur ala verizon outages.

Anyways... there's hardly any sprint LTE phones out there so i doubt the cost of upkeep justifies turning these things on yet....

Correct me if i'm wrong.
It's all on one tower now, once the tower is on and its on. As soon as the tower is upgraded LTE will go live with the rest of the service. They may not officially announce its live but it will be. Unlike wimax where it was on a separate tower from sprint 1x and 3g the LTE will be on the same infrastructure as 1x-Advanced and 3g its all part of the Network Vision rollout/expansion

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium