Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Phone heating up

23rd April 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 5

51 posts
i have a powerskin case with my skyrocket and it gets that hot all the time when i am charging my phone and playing games at the same time
23rd April 2012, 08:32 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Exclamation Cell phone heating
Since i Updated my cell phone to ICS 4.0.3 (I727UCALC4)...my cell becomes very hot and battery drains so fast.....that sucks please help me....
23rd April 2012, 08:34 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2,195

6,306 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by divasdahal

Since i Updated my cell phone to ICS 4.0.3 (I727UCALC4)...my cell becomes very hot and battery drains so fast.....that sucks please help me....

Get the new leak, it's better anyways

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 03:38 PM   |  #14  
Guam
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Mine also heats up only when I play games, charge it, and downloading stuff at the same time. Heats to like past 110 Fahrenheit. I just turn off my phone and stick it in my refrigerator for 5 min.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App
23rd April 2012, 04:03 PM   |  #15  
Flag Lindenhurst, IL
Thanks Meter: 31

469 posts
More
This happened to me on the first leak. I found that it was exchange mail causing the problem. Once I stopped using it, the battery drained much less and did not get hot anymore.
23rd April 2012, 07:11 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 2,195

6,306 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FhakaYu

Mine also heats up only when I play games, charge it, and downloading stuff at the same time. Heats to like past 110 Fahrenheit. I just turn off my phone and stick it in my refrigerator for 5 min.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

Not sure if serious
The Following User Says Thank You to xcrazydx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #17  
Bethesda
Thanks Meter: 2

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by divasdahal

I will highly recommend you to flash this ROM if you want to have a long battery life!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602216

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIutha_RuSSia

Why is my phone heating up to 107 degrees when I use the market, internet, and reddit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Have you try to clear the memory? maybe you have alot of stuff running on the background.
23rd April 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #18  
Flag Alfe Menashe
Thanks Meter: 201

735 posts
One thing I noticed today is by reducing the screen brightness to the minimum the phone requires significantly less power and is not heating as much.
Today while driving home from uni with gps and charging it barly got to 40 degrees Celsius (sorry im using this but you americans always have to be different, start using the metric system!), while usually it gets to 47+ asap and then stops charging.
Although today wasn't as hot as always so maybe it helped a bit.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread