Thread Closed

[Rom][11.18.2012] Newts OnE XxX RLS 6.0.2 *Global* [Sense 4.1]

OP newtoroot

23rd April 2012, 02:18 AM   |  #3161  
Thanks Meter: 5

97 posts
I love this rom..alot but i fear im goona have to switch to a different rom...charging my phone 3-5 times a day is a bit crazy.
23rd April 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #3162  
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 433

2,077 posts
Donate to Me
More
sounds like you have a problem with your phone or u use it all day
23rd April 2012, 02:39 AM   |  #3163  
Thanks Meter: 5

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yojoe600

sounds like you have a problem with your phone or u use it all day

Eh fully charged it all night and just texted a few people and within 2 hours it was close to 60%..i've curbed my phone usage because of this (not wanting my phone to die when im out and about)
23rd April 2012, 02:41 AM   |  #3164  
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 433

2,077 posts
Donate to Me
More
sounds like a battery issue or phone issue
23rd April 2012, 03:11 AM   |  #3165  
Thanks Meter: 7

151 posts
This is the best rom I've ever been on! It's smooth and beautiful. Although I am going to list the problems that I've come across (and i know that a lot of these have been talked about already or are needed from the unreleased ICS kernel source from htc) and i hope that this rom will be flawless and perfect soon!

1. Screen dims very often, when not on automatic brightness (usually after a pop-up box or transitioning from the task manager), I've also noticed that the notification bar stays the same brightness and doesn't dim

2. When using the task manager, the app that i would currently be on has its screenshot blocking all of the other apps in the task manager

3. Data arrows dont work (I know that has defiantly been talked about)

4. Battery life drains almost by the second

5. The top of the notification bar (when pulled down) isnt sized right where the settings icon is and where the custom wording is (on the top left) (I also noticed that it only seems to happen when you customize the wording (on the top left part))

6. There are some foreclosures from apps that are part of the system (im pretty sure theyre only htc background/system apps) one example is HTCdm

7. (This is recent) I live in a 4G area and it keeps putting me on 3G

8. The internet will foreclose at some points (usually when im using the internet heavy)

9. Beats enhancement doesnt work

10. The vibration seems to be messed up because a lot of times my phone doesnt vibrate when I get messages and the 4 keys at the bottom are very soft vibrations when you tap on them (I have all of the vibrating options checked)

11. When turned to landscape, it doesn't actually turn unless u press one of the 4 keys at the bottom, like the menu key

This is more of a question, but I was wondering if animations will ever be usable, or if that is going to have to be a permanent thing

If I shouldnt be posting this here, then ill post it anywhere necessary. And I do know that no rom is ever going to be flat out perfect and that some of the bugs i talked about were only minor, I just don't know or not if theyre easy fixes. I also thank Newt greatly for this rom, it is amazing! And i really look forward to this next update!
Last edited by willsully1221; 23rd April 2012 at 04:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to willsully1221 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #3166  
WallyWorld
Thanks Meter: 36

215 posts
More
batt drainage
I reinstalled XxX RC 2.1 today after doing S-off and running a GB ruu. When I set it up, I found that I had accidentally checked a box near the beginning of setup talking about syncing. I had figured nothing of it and went on with my day. I came back in to find me phone dropped from 100% to 20% in a matter of 4 hours.

I found out that when you do check this box, it causes a craptacular number of apps to constantly run/sync. The phone was awake nearly the entire time syncing over 3g(not in a 4g area). Needless to say, I will be doing a full wipe/install and making damn sure I check to manually sync my apps.

my .02
23rd April 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #3167  
Flag Du Bois, PA
Thanks Meter: 83

435 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsully1221

This is the best rom I've ever been on! It's smooth and beautiful. Although I am going to list the problems that I've come across (and i know that a lot of these have been talked about already or are needed from the unreleased ICS kernel source from htc) and i hope that this rom will be flawless and perfect soon!

1. Screen dims very often, when not on automatic brightness (usually after a pop-up box or transitioning from the task manager), I've also noticed that the notification bar stays the same brightness and doesn't dim

2. When using the task manager, the app that i would currently be on has its screenshot blocking all of the other apps in the task manager

3. Data arrows dont work (I know that has defiantly been talked about)

4. Battery life drains almost by the second

5. The top of the notification bar (when pulled down) isnt sized right where the settings icon is and where the custom wording is (on the top left)

6. There are some foreclosures from apps that are part of the system (im pretty sure theyre only htc background/system apps)

7. (This is recent) I live in a 4G area and it keeps putting me on 3G

8. The internet will foreclose at some points (usually when im using the internet heavy)

9. Beats enhancement doesnt work

10. This is more of a question, but I was wondering if animations will ever be usable, or if that is going to have to be a permanent thing

If I shouldnt be posting this here, then ill post it anywhere necessary. And I do know that no rom is ever going to be flat out perfect and that some of the bugs i talked about were only minor, I just don't know or not if theyre easy fixes. I also thank Newt greatly for this rom, it is amazing! And i really look forward to this next update!

1: hasn't been fixed yet
3: you're on old firmware, i'd assume. hasn't been fixed yet.
4: it takes a few days for the battery to adapt to a newly flashed rom.
5: I noticed this myself and i am not sure why it happens, because it was fine on rc1
6 and 7: probably a bad flash. try wiping and flashing it again.
8: i haven't seen it happen yet. maybe it's because you are using it so heavy? i don't know.
9: I did notice no change in audio quality by turning beats on and off
11: an official kernel source for Rezound and ICS is needed. nothing can be done for now.
10: also likely to be a bad flash issue, unless you're talking about the softkeys too. those are very light
as for number 2, i couldn't tell you since i don't use task manager.
Last edited by champdr0id; 23rd April 2012 at 03:23 AM. Reason: quoted post was edited.
23rd April 2012, 03:23 AM   |  #3168  
Thanks Meter: 7

151 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8mydroid

I reinstalled XxX RC 2.1 today after doing S-off and running a GB ruu. When I set it up, I found that I had accidentally checked a box near the beginning of setup talking about syncing. I had figured nothing of it and went on with my day. I came back in to find me phone dropped from 100% to 20% in a matter of 4 hours.

I found out that when you do check this box, it causes a craptacular number of apps to constantly run/sync. The phone was awake nearly the entire time syncing over 3g(not in a 4g area). Needless to say, I will be doing a full wipe/install and making damn sure I check to manually sync my apps.

my .02

Do you know what exactly it is that you checked? Cuz i have a feeling I did the same thing because my battery life is absolutely terrible
23rd April 2012, 03:29 AM   |  #3169  
Thanks Meter: 290

193 posts
Donate to Me
you can fix the notification bar by changing the notification caption in leedroid tweaks.
The Following User Says Thank You to x3demond3x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 03:29 AM   |  #3170  
WallyWorld
Thanks Meter: 36

215 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsully1221

Do you know what exactly it is that you checked? Cuz i have a feeling I did the same thing because my battery life is absolutely terrible

It had to do with syncing and gave the options to automatically sync or manually. I just turned on sync again and as soon as I did, about 8 or so apps all fired up and started to sync. Going to charge the battery a bit and do a full wipe and install.

When I was running this prior to S-Off, I remember I clicked to manually do my syncing and thats when I had stellar battery life. This time, no dice.

The screen is the first after choosing your language. Its called Automatic Sync. Its default is to automatically sync all apps(and it even says, even if you are not using them). This is whats killing my battery. I just wiped and reinstalled. Im pretty damn sure thats the culprit =D.
Last edited by ih8mydroid; 23rd April 2012 at 04:10 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to ih8mydroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dead, epic, newt, newtoroot, one xxx, sense 4, win
Previous Thread Next Thread