Originally Posted by willsully1221
This is the best rom I've ever been on! It's smooth and beautiful. Although I am going to list the problems that I've come across (and i know that a lot of these have been talked about already or are needed from the unreleased ICS kernel source from htc) and i hope that this rom will be flawless and perfect soon!
1. Screen dims very often, when not on automatic brightness (usually after a pop-up box or transitioning from the task manager), I've also noticed that the notification bar stays the same brightness and doesn't dim
2. When using the task manager, the app that i would currently be on has its screenshot blocking all of the other apps in the task manager
3. Data arrows dont work (I know that has defiantly been talked about)
4. Battery life drains almost by the second
5. The top of the notification bar (when pulled down) isnt sized right where the settings icon is and where the custom wording is (on the top left)
6. There are some foreclosures from apps that are part of the system (im pretty sure theyre only htc background/system apps)
7. (This is recent) I live in a 4G area and it keeps putting me on 3G
8. The internet will foreclose at some points (usually when im using the internet heavy)
9. Beats enhancement doesnt work
10. This is more of a question, but I was wondering if animations will ever be usable, or if that is going to have to be a permanent thing
If I shouldnt be posting this here, then ill post it anywhere necessary. And I do know that no rom is ever going to be flat out perfect and that some of the bugs i talked about were only minor, I just don't know or not if theyre easy fixes. I also thank Newt greatly for this rom, it is amazing! And i really look forward to this next update!
1: hasn't been fixed yet
3: you're on old firmware, i'd assume. hasn't been fixed yet.
4: it takes a few days for the battery to adapt to a newly flashed rom.
5: I noticed this myself and i am not sure why it happens, because it was fine on rc1
6 and 7: probably a bad flash. try wiping and flashing it again.
8: i haven't seen it happen yet. maybe it's because you are using it so heavy? i don't know.
9: I did notice no change in audio quality by turning beats on and off
11: an official kernel source for Rezound and ICS is needed. nothing can be done for now.
10: also likely to be a bad flash issue, unless you're talking about the softkeys too. those are very light
as for number 2, i couldn't tell you since i don't use task manager.
Eris on AOKP ICS: Dedicated music player
Rezound on Liquid: Standing by
Archos 5 Internet Tablet (Gen. 7, 500 GB): Bricked, and I haven't cared to fix it.
Droid DNA: One last chance, Big Red