FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

AT&T Release Date???

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By junodragon, Member on 16th March 2012, 04:47 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd April 2012, 03:22 AM |#651  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 821
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3phyr

aosp asap is mouthful. say that five times fast. But yeah, I feel ya. I feel like I could deal with sense... for a moment or two.

Agreed, would play for a while, but the draw of smooth sailing and early Jelly Bean would be too hard to resist.


Sent from my Desire Z using the XDA App
 
 
23rd April 2012, 05:05 PM |#652  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Help me preorder
Please excuse my newbness....I have never ordered or upgraded my phone online through at&t. I have the $30 unlimited data plan that was grandfathered in when i bought my inspire 4g. Im eligible for an upgrade and was wondering how to upgrade my device to the htc one x. I get as far as clicking on the preorder button, but then it won't let me check out. It wants me to add a data plan even though I already have the grandfathered plan on my line. Is there any way to get the site to recognize that and check out, or what do I need to do to finish the preorder. I'm afraid if i select a new data plan that it will add extra data plans to my account. Someone please provide some instructions so I can preorder. Thank you.
23rd April 2012, 05:14 PM |#653  
Artimus009's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jacksonvillle
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2sweet

Please excuse my newbness....I have never ordered or upgraded my phone online through at&t. I have the $30 unlimited data plan that was grandfathered in when i bought my inspire 4g. Im eligible for an upgrade and was wondering how to upgrade my device to the htc one x. I get as far as clicking on the preorder button, but then it won't let me check out. It wants me to add a data plan even though I already have the grandfathered plan on my line. Is there any way to get the site to recognize that and check out, or what do I need to do to finish the preorder. I'm afraid if i select a new data plan that it will add extra data plans to my account. Someone please provide some instructions so I can preorder. Thank you.

I would call and ask for assistance for online ordering. Most of the time they'll adjust the account as soon as it pops up on their screen or they'll process the order for you. If all else fails, go to a corporate store.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
23rd April 2012, 05:19 PM |#654  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2sweet

Please excuse my newbness....I have never ordered or upgraded my phone online through at&t. I have the $30 unlimited data plan that was grandfathered in when i bought my inspire 4g. Im eligible for an upgrade and was wondering how to upgrade my device to the htc one x. I get as far as clicking on the preorder button, but then it won't let me check out. It wants me to add a data plan even though I already have the grandfathered plan on my line. Is there any way to get the site to recognize that and check out, or what do I need to do to finish the preorder. I'm afraid if i select a new data plan that it will add extra data plans to my account. Someone please provide some instructions so I can preorder. Thank you.

Click to add a dataplan, and scroll to the bottom it will allow you to select "Unlimited Personal Data Plan for 4g LTE smartphones". I was confused because it's like the very last selection on the list, I think they're trying to catch people snoozing and trap them into changing their dataplan.
E.Cadro
23rd April 2012, 05:26 PM |#655  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5t28

Click to add a dataplan, and scroll to the bottom it will allow you to select "Unlimited Personal Data Plan for 4g LTE smartphones". I was confused because it's like the very last selection on the list, I think they're trying to catch people snoozing and trap them into changing their dataplan.

That's exactly what I was going to say I had to scroll down to find my current data plan.


Sent from wherever I am!
23rd April 2012, 05:34 PM |#656  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
So if I select the unlimited personal data for LTE smartphones plan.....then it won't add an extra data plan to my line? What will happen?
E.Cadro
23rd April 2012, 05:38 PM |#657  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2sweet

So if I select the unlimited personal data for LTE smartphones plan.....then it won't add an extra data plan to my line? What will happen?

Correct it's just making confirm your current data plan. But if your still not comfortable with it just call customer service and do it via phone or go to a corporate store and pre order direct from there

Sent from wherever I am!
23rd April 2012, 05:41 PM |#658  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Ok cool thanks for your help guys!!!
23rd April 2012, 05:42 PM |#659  
Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2sweet

So if I select the unlimited personal data for LTE smartphones plan.....then it won't add an extra data plan to my line? What will happen?

I had a family unlimited data plan. They said in the store I had to change it to unlimited LTE data plan. I asked what the difference was and they said no difference in the cost or the amount where it throttles back, it is just different in their system. So yes, I think they are trying to force people out of older grandfathered plans, but my plan was less than a year old so there was no real impact for me.
23rd April 2012, 07:14 PM |#660  
chaosjh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bentonville home of Wally world
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amswak

I had a family unlimited data plan. They said in the store I had to change it to unlimited LTE data plan. I asked what the difference was and they said no difference in the cost or the amount where it throttles back, it is just different in their system. So yes, I think they are trying to force people out of older grandfathered plans, but my plan was less than a year old so there was no real impact for me.

actually the unlimited lte get 5gb before throttle, the other is 3gb. they announced it.
Red5
23rd April 2012, 07:22 PM |#661  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amswak

I had a family unlimited data plan. They said in the store I had to change it to unlimited LTE data plan. I asked what the difference was and they said no difference in the cost or the amount where it throttles back, it is just different in their system. So yes, I think they are trying to force people out of older grandfathered plans, but my plan was less than a year old so there was no real impact for me.

No, they cant change your grandfathered data plan unless you agree/sign saying you wish to move to another data plan. The LTE unlimited data plan gets throttled after 5GB instead of 3GB... so its better.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes