Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,405 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB unlocking the skyrocket

Tip us?

yozh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default USB unlocking the skyrocket

So Im trying to unlock my skyrocket and ATT is not letting me saying that device is excluaive etc....
I see on eBay, youtube etc... thay there is a way to unlock using some app via USB.

Is this real? Where can I find this with out paying?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
The Real Mac Geek Website

Phone chain:

(pre SP)Ericsson T68i, Nokia 3650, Nokia 7610, T-Mo MDA, ATT 8525, iPhone, ATT Tilt, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, ATT Skyrocket, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S (and some Blackberrys in the middle for work)

Tablets:

iPad, iPad 2, Nook Color, HTC View, iPad Mini, Nexus 7, Nexus 7 (2013), Dell Venue 8 Pro

silver03wrx
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,688

DONATE TO ME
You cant. U gots to pay for unlock code. Whst ever u tried was either not four this device or a flat out lie.

icenight89
Old
Thanks Meter 718

DONATE TO ME
read this thread sir

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1377785

yozh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I didn't try anything. That's why Im asking

Phone chain:

(pre SP)Ericsson T68i, Nokia 3650, Nokia 7610, T-Mo MDA, ATT 8525, iPhone, ATT Tilt, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, ATT Skyrocket, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S (and some Blackberrys in the middle for work)

Tablets:

iPad, iPad 2, Nook Color, HTC View, iPad Mini, Nexus 7, Nexus 7 (2013), Dell Venue 8 Pro

yozh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
This thread is about paid service, Im looking to do this for free. Why does this work on sg2 and not on skyrocket? Are you guys saying those ebay sales for usb unlocking is a scam?

Phone chain:

Tablets:

icenight89
Old
Thanks Meter 718

DONATE TO ME
basically there is no free unlock. U have to pay for it as it stands right now

Haxel
Old
Thanks Meter 48
AT&T is evil. Check out this thread also. You can also wait 6-8 months, and AT&T SHOULD have an unlock code by then.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1599027

yozh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxel View Post
AT&T is evil. Check out this thread also. You can also wait 6-8 months, and AT&T SHOULD have an unlock code by then.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1599027
I think 6-8 months is a bit far fetched. They usually do 6-8 after release, which we are approaching. I guess Ill keep trying with ATT. I tought we can do the USB unlocking like the sg2 and like the sites are offering paid service.

Phone chain:

Tablets:

latinohot
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by yozh View Post
I think 6-8 months is a bit far fetched. They usually do 6-8 after release, which we are approaching. I guess Ill keep trying with ATT. I tought we can do the USB unlocking like the sg2 and like the sites are offering paid service.

all we need is a dedicated dev to find the hidden files where the code lives, like they did on the galaxy s 4g, that was so easy i unlocked 5 of those in less than 1 hour, FREE.
So naturally when the galaxy came out, I tried the same way as in before but no luck the files are somewhere else and are very difficult to find

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=980157

Samsung Galaxy Mega(rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S 4(I527)Rooted Running Golden Eye Rom
Samsung Galaxy S 4(M919x2)Rooted Running Golden Eye Roms
Samsung Galaxy S 2 Sky Rocket
Root, Running AoCP5.9.5
TILT 2 SPL HARD 0.85RADIO 4.49.25.91/ OliNex WM ROM= Jackos EVO RushLite WWE /Android Rom= XGB2.3.7
HTC TILT = Retired, HTC Pure = Retired

yozh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinohot View Post
all we need is a dedicated dev to find the hidden files where the code lives, like they did on the galaxy s 4g, that was so easy i unlocked 5 of those in less than 1 hour, FREE.
So naturally when the galaxy came out, I tried the same way as in before but no luck the files are somewhere else and are very difficult to find

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=980157
Would be cool!

Phone chain:

Tablets: