Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Review] Droid X2 3800mAh Extended Battery+Cover w/Log and Pictures *Updated 11/03

OP SicMe

25th December 2011, 12:33 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 294

405 posts
Now thats a big battery. but for the amount of power that your are getting and it provides; the size look ok. I may give it a try. Nice review!
10th January 2012, 11:37 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
More
I may have to get this at some point wifes battery has been draining fast. Need to look through her phone and see whats up. But I've wanted a extended battery since day one.
25th March 2012, 01:40 AM   |  #33  
Flag Victorville
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Donate to Me
More
was about to post a whole new thread, asking EXACTLY what you have here... VERY informative, and must say that your hard work makes things a LOT easier for me Thanks!

1 Question though: Any cases that you know of that will fit with this extended battery/cover?
Last edited by jackjadamyk; 25th March 2012 at 01:45 AM.
28th March 2012, 03:02 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 20

80 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjadamyk

was about to post a whole new thread, asking EXACTLY what you have here... VERY informative, and must say that your hard work makes things a LOT easier for me Thanks!

1 Question though: Any cases that you know of that will fit with this extended battery/cover?

The Trident elektra. I've had it on mine for the past 3 months and love it. It's tough as rocks, and I feel like I could literally toss this across the room without even worrying about the safety of my phone.
2nd April 2012, 01:53 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 181

1,156 posts
Donate to Me
Thanks for the review. Great job.
What do you think of getting this battery to work in the operational method I use for the bh6x now: I use no battery door & retain the battery with the tightness of the OtterBox Inpact rubber only case. I really like the convenience when having to change these often. My guess is it would fall out. Thanks. Waiting to hear your response.
7th April 2012, 12:53 AM   |  #36  
Flag Shaw, MS
Thanks Meter: 75

324 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwoodwiva

Thanks for the review. Great job.
I use no battery door & retain the battery with the tightness of the OtterBox Inpact rubber only case. I really like the convenience when having to change these often. My guess is it would fall out. Thanks. Waiting to hear your response.

I was about to ask a similar question as well. Do you think I would be able to squeeze an Impact case around a battery that fat??
23rd April 2012, 04:35 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
What is a good way to charge this battery? I've read that with extended batteries of this size I'm supposed to charge it to 100% with the phone on and then shut it off and continue to charge that way until the led comes on. I've tried that but the led never comes on even after 3 hours. Also, after you charge the battery what is the voltage normally at? Mine is about 4.1V

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2
29th April 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #38  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 79

401 posts
More
Just plug it in and leave it plugged in overnight, full is 4.200 when your battery gets old it will start to vary as high as 4.250 but that takes a while

from my X2 roaming the north
26th May 2012, 07:14 PM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Nice review. I am thinking about getting one
27th May 2012, 02:26 AM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
It's a great battery. I don't worry about it dying throughout the day. Only bad thing about it is that the phone doesn't know the exact battery levels.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread