Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,448 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What Would You Like to See Added/Removed
Remove Rom Manager 15 38.46%
Keep Rom Manager 22 56.41%
Remove Fun & Games 29 74.36%
Keep Fun & Games 9 23.08%
Add ConnectBot 6 15.38%
Do Not Add ConnectBot 22 56.41%
Add Dolphin Browser HD 7 17.95%
Do Not Add Dolphin Browser HD 26 66.67%
Add exDialer w/ ICS Theme AC 9 23.08%
Do Not Add exDialer w/ ICS Theme AC 19 48.72%
Add Play Music 23 58.97%
Do Not Add Play Music 11 28.21%
Add SuperSU 22 56.41%
Do Not Add SuperSU 11 28.21%
Add OpenExplorer Beta 8 20.51%
Do Not Add OpenExplorer Beta 22 56.41%
Add Alarm Clock Plus 12 30.77%
Do Not Add Alarm Clock Plus 21 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][CDMA]CM9 - Built for R800x - U:0605

Tip us?

agraceful
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos View Post
I'll fix the build.prop I use so from 4/2x on it'll be ro.product.board= zeus (as long as it doesn't break data, knowing Verizon, it probably will )

Sent from my phone, please excuse any Swypos.
The one I uploaded says zeusc, I'll start switching it to zeus. Didn't break data either, I'm running it now and it's fine
Modified cm7 for cdma & gapps
---------------------
Flashtool for all OS AND Verizon Ftfs
---------------------

paxChristos
Old
Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 1,487

DONATE TO ME
Just got a reply from Robert Broglia, I'm gonna post it here so everybody can see:
Quote:
Ok, no problem. I'll look up some threads about my emulators and build up the post count.

About the white screen issue, here what's going on: Due to how the timer works when auto-frameskip is active in my apps, the first frame might draw a texture that hasn't been written to yet (I'm fixing this in the next update so it can't happen). The normal texture backend code creates the texture using glTexImage2D and normally this isn't a problem as you'll just get junk or a blank image for the very first frame. When on Android 4.0+ I use a SurfaceTexture and perform the equivalent operations, but it appears the Adreno driver on CM9 delays the internal allocation of the texture until it's first written to and this in turn creates an interaction with the GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES state if it's been previously enabled. If the GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES isn't explicitly disabled/enabled after this happens, the texture contents aren't rendered even though the SurfaceTexture is updating. Here's a possible sequence to trigger the bug:

1. new texture id created from glGenTextures and bound by glBindTexture to the GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES target
2. new SurfaceTexture object constructed in Java with the texture id
3. ANativeWindow object acquired by native code and configured with ANativeWindow_setBuffersGeometry
4. glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES) called
5. geometry utilizing the SurfaceTexture is drawn to the screen and the display buffers are swapped (end of frame 1, texture appears blank/undefined as expected)
6. ANativeWindow object locked/unlocked/posted with content and updateTexImage() called on the SurfaceTexture
7. geometry utilizing the SurfaceTexture is drawn to the screen and the display buffers are swapped (end of frame 2, texture appears with correct content on Tegra 2, Mali, and Android SDK emulator OpenGL drivers, but blank/undefined on Adreno CM9)
8. Repeat step 7, behavior remains the same, but if glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES) and glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES) are called then the Adreno shows the correct content

If you move step 6 in between 3 & 4 then you get the correct content displaying on the Adreno driver. Since the enable/disable behavior of GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES should mirror GL_TEXTURE_2D (it never needs to be explcitly disabled/enabled to recognize changes in the bound texture), I believe this is a bug. Do you know who I can get in touch with to get this looked at?

Thanks
He's working his way up the posting ladder, so hopefully soon we'll be able to see him here

Pax
Tips:
*Logcat or it never happened. *Search before posting *Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> switch "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50. *Reporting Posts

Looks like I won't be doing anything android for a long time

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax
The Following User Says Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mogul345
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Yeah, he got back to me as well. I confirmed, if I shut off auto frame skip, I can't reproduce the issue. Not really shocked that it's a driver issue either, there seems to be a few versions of the adreno libs out there now, according to the thread about them in the touchpad forum on RootzWiki. Seems like Qualcomm is still working the kinks out.

216Monster
Old
(Last edited by 216Monster; 23rd April 2012 at 03:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiranFTW View Post

Hows my kernel doing
It would be better if Als were disabled on it

Edit: Good for you as forum Mod pax !
~ Verizon LG G3 ~
The Following User Says Thank You to 216Monster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

markcyst
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Wifi quit working for me, and still isn't working even after flashing the new build. Would a complete wipe and reflash fix that?
+1 on the ALS

paxChristos
Old
Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 1,487

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcyst View Post
Wifi quit working for me, and still isn't working even after flashing the new build. Would a complete wipe and reflash fix that?
+1 on the ALS
Which kernel are you using/have you tried doing the loading script in terminal emulator? (from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1265)

Pax
Tips:
*Logcat or it never happened. *Search before posting *Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> switch "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50. *Reporting Posts

Looks like I won't be doing anything android for a long time

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax
The Following User Says Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

markcyst
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Using the kernel provided in your zip. I tried that post's suggestion, didn't work. Maybe I screwed up so I'll go at it again tomorrow. Thanks!

agraceful
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiranFTW View Post
If you are setting zeusc as board, you shouldn't do that, because you also use the zeus board. Besides I think we have to leave the board property field blank.

Hows my kernel doing
I'd say after flashing a build and talking/texting throughout the day I'd say one word. Winning!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-22-22-24-18.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1019869  
Modified cm7 for cdma & gapps
---------------------
Flashtool for all OS AND Verizon Ftfs
---------------------

Mogul345
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcyst View Post
+1 on the ALS
This also happened to me once when I flashed Kierans kernel on one of agracefuls FXP ports. Just stopped working. I ended up having to wipe and reflash, haven't had a problem since.

CrimsonKnight13
Old
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogul345 View Post
This also happened to me once when I flashed Kierans kernel on one of agracefuls FXP ports. Just stopped working. I ended up having to wipe and reflash, haven't had a problem since.
My method to success...
  1. Flash kernel via fastboot
  2. Boot into recovery (from newly flashed kernel or temp boot into seperate recovery image)
  3. Erase dalvik cache & cache
  4. Flash ROM
  5. Flash gapps
  6. Reboot into recovery
  7. Erase dalvik cache & cache
  8. Boot into system normally

HTC Droid DNA (dlx) [NuSenseSIX-MAX RC3.02 (4.4.2)]
Samsung Galaxy S2 (SCH-R760 - Multimedia Player) [CM11 (4.4.4) - SPH-D710]
Motorola Droid RAZR HD (vanquish) [CM11 (4.4.4)] - Wife's Phone
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" (tate) [CM11 (4.4.4)] - Wife's Tablet

Tags
awesomeness, bazinga, cdma, cyanogenmod, first xperia play cm9 with theme manager!!, ics, legend-wait-for-it-dary!, penut butter jelly time!, r800x, sudo install!, unofficial cm9, why haven't you installed this yet?, xperia play, zeusc