Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 8gb over 16gb

OP grrmisfit

23rd April 2012, 03:55 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 321

1,279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrmisfit

im using the same sd card loaded cm7 so i havent even gone into the registering process on it. should i register it with BN or just take it to BN have them repartition it and flash away>?

It shouldn't matter. They just pop their SD card in and you wait till it's finished, then you're out of there.

Or could you repartition it yourself.
23rd April 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
st. louis
Thanks Meter: 23

218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_fart

always register your stuff. . that way, they get to spam you for the rest of your life. no, seriously, its for the warantee, right ?

i am sorry... i don't understand what you said...

dont need BNs warranty i have the geek squad "i can drive over it with a truck then take a hammer to it" warranty. just curious if registering has anything to do with flashing the internal memory
23rd April 2012, 05:02 AM   |  #13  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 317

1,049 posts
If you plan on flashing over the internal OS, there is no need to register. When I got my nook, I made a bootable sdcard with CWM, booted into it, mounted to my PC, transferred CM7 to the internal storage and flashed it. From there I eventually flashed CM9 and only saw the B&N OS when I tested albert's nandroid backup.

tl;dr no need to register if you plan on flashing a rom.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread