Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KANG] CherryKANG 0.9.4 1512max 384min [CM9] synced [11/04] Now supports goo.im!

Tip us?

Peekay_Subbu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Random Reboots

While I keep the touchpad charging over night, it restarts and goes into WebOS automatically... Any one has this issue?

Also, some of the video files doesnt play. Any recommendations.

epicstar1
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Is there any way for things like adobe reader to work? I tried changing the build prop and brought back my dpi to 160 and doesn't work....

szteto
Old
(Last edited by szteto; 23rd April 2012 at 08:34 PM.) Reason: Adding more information/followup
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace9988 View Post
the little bug is just a .gif image

as for cherrykang version im using 0.92, and if anybody has tried xenon i wanted to know comparisons to bricked cuz i see quite a bit of lag on this ROM, not too sure if its the kernel so i'm narrowing down problems
I am currently running it, and it is very speedy. The wifi driver is much more stable. No issues decoding HD video (tested Netflix, Youtube, and 720p streams on twitch.tv. The internet is slow at my work, I'll give 1080p a try when I get home) and Dungeon Defender runs smoothly on high graphics settings.

On the other hand, I seem to be having an issue independent of the which kernel I use. My touchpad SoD's regardless of kernel, cpu govenor, or minimum clock. I'll see if it's a problem with my build tonight (again, slow work internet) I seem to be on build 0.9.3. Hopefully 0.9.4 will be better. Anyone else have any other suggestions for me to try?

EDIT: It appears that the issue was one of incompatibility with Xenon and 0.9.3. Works perfectly on 0.9.4. As for the Xenon kernel on the latest cherryKang, wifi seems to be broken for me, and while the stock kernel works just fine, the UI seems a bit sluggish to me (possibly just placebo :P), so I upped the clock to 1.78 gHz and I saw a noticeable improvement (Again, might be placebo).

darksoul21
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Charging issue

Even while plugged in it will not turn off the screen. And if you don't shut the screen the battery will discharge. Then it will cycle from the lock screen and dead battery charge screen forever, unless you intervene at the boot-loader screen when it actually appears.

unsivil_audio
Old
Thanks Meter 145

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arozer View Post
Quote for an answer.
It's a byproduct of not having correct sound drivers for this device. Some kernels don't have this bug. I don't know why though.

Sent from CherryKANG Touchpad

Moto X (1053) -
Stock, retired Nexus 5 - Carbon'd CODEBLUE, Galaxy Note 8.0 - Carbon'd KK, Nexus 4 - Stock, retired
Nook HD+,Motorola Atrix 2, HTC Aria, Nook Color,HP Touchpad, Nexus 7 16gb - Sold
The Following User Says Thank You to unsivil_audio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nitrobg
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekay_Subbu View Post
While I keep the touchpad charging over night, it restarts and goes into WebOS automatically... Any one has this issue?

Also, some of the video files doesnt play. Any recommendations.
Edit /boot/moboot.default and change it to CyanogenMod.
At least it will reboot into CM9 instead of WebOS.

nevertells2
Old
Thanks Meter 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul21 View Post
Even while plugged in it will not turn off the screen. And if you don't shut the screen the battery will discharge. Then it will cycle from the lock screen and dead battery charge screen forever, unless you intervene at the boot-loader screen when it actually appears.
Go to settings/developer options and remove the check by STAY AWAKE.

nevertells2
Old
Thanks Meter 590
I think development of CherryKang is all but dead. Has anyone heard from the developer?

Rolfsted
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2 View Post
I think development of CherryKang is all but dead. Has anyone heard from the developer?

He died.

Sent from my XT912 using XDA

chicle_11
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2 View Post
He's been working long hours, leaving him little time for cherry Kang. I eagerly await his next release. It hasn't been that inactive..........