Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New CDMA ICS Leak a battery killer???

Tip us?

mattfox27
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Default New CDMA ICS Leak a battery killer???

Im running the ICS leak on a VZ phone, everything appears to be working good but i only get like 6-8 hours of battery life where before it would last all day. I not using any battery defending apps and neither did i before, is this just a bug or is there a fix for it? Anyone else notice this or just me?

droidxrooting
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Do you have a MAXX or normal razr? If it is normal RAZR those times are appropriate.

garywojdan81
Old
Thanks Meter 532
Check for deep sleep with CPU Spy. Also, the leak uses the interactive governor so it hogs more than hotplug.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mattfox27
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Really only 6 hours with razr...im not even doing anything on it, its just sitting here. I changed the governor, that seems lame that it would eat so much more battery that GB.

mattfox27
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by garywojdan81 View Post
Check for deep sleep with CPU Spy. Also, the leak uses the interactive governor so it hogs more than hotplug.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Deep Sleep is using about 5% according to CPU spy...is that good/bad?

kklier
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How do you deal with the governor?

mattfox27
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kklier View Post
Just download setCPU or antantu(spelled wrong) from market, open app and there is a section to set the governor, then select run at boot, reboot.

Azn_Man_Down
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfox27 View Post
Really only 6 hours with razr...im not even doing anything on it, its just sitting here. I changed the governor, that seems lame that it would eat so much more battery that GB.
Something is chewing up your battery. An app or something because I'm running the CMDA leak and if I leave my phone sitting on my desk overnight unplugged it only drops from 100% to 90% (80% max) by the time I wake up several hours later.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kklier View Post
You can change the governor using an app like SetCPU. Gives you the option right on the main screen when you first boot up the app.

Of course, changing the CPU settings only works if you're rooted.. But assuming you're on the ICS leak, you're most likely rooted.

kklier
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn_Man_Down View Post
Something is chewing up your battery. An app or something because I'm running the CMDA leak and if I leave my phone sitting on my desk overnight unplugged it only drops from 100% to 90% (80% max) by the time I wake up several hours later.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

You can change the governor using an app like SetCPU. Gives you the option right on the main screen when you first boot up the app.

Of course, changing the CPU settings only works if you're rooted.. But assuming you're on the ICS leak, you're most likely rooted.
Yup I'm rooted. I've just never had reason to mess with the CPU before. I will check this out.

nila@ufl.edu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
It was pretty bad for me as well when I first flashed, and usage showed 35-60% of it was the screen usage. I just reset the battery by draining it completely, charging for 8 hours on, turn off and charge for an hour, turn on unplugged for 2 minutes then turn off and charge for another hour and my battery life is much better. It still seems a bit less than GB, but part of it may be due to juice defender not being able to do as much (only shows 1.5x where it used to show 2.5x).
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900V on Verizon
Asus Transformer TF101