Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 39,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touchpad WebOs Tethering

Tip us?

BigBadWolf84
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Touchpad WebOs Tethering

Can't seem to find a good app for my Android Samsung Vibrant to tether my WebOs Touchpad. Anyone know one that works?
TMobile Samsung Vibrant with TMobile 2.2 Update
HP Touchpad 32 GB
Motorola Xoom 32 GB (Wife's)

quarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 309
I use the built in tether function in Android. Are you running a custom ROM? Is your phone rooted? Do you have tethering enabled on your phone line?

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)
i-mate JAQ > HTC 8525 > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS (it was a dark time in my life, I was confused) > Palm Pre > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate > LG Thrill > Samsung Focus > Samsung Galaxy S II (I777) > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy Note II (I317) > Samsung Galaxy S 4 (I337) + HP TouchPad

BigBadWolf84
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
My phone is rooted and I'm running a custom Android 2.2 rom from Team Whiskey. I just found out that the Tether Widget app I got from the Amazon App Store works only until I reboot. If I remove the widget from my home screen and then reenable the widget after a reboot it works again. Can't seem to get the widget to work without doing this. This is the only app/widget I have found that works with my Touchpad running WebOs. I have no problem with this as I am not a big widget fan. This widget has no settings that I have found, it just works. I don't tether my phone to my Touchpad much so this is not a problem. I can enable the widget when I want to tether. Just good to know I have this when I need it.
HP Touchpad 32 GB

quarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 309
If you are running a custom ROM you should be able to use the built in tethering.

Settings > Wireless and Networking > Mobile AP

The built in feature is usually reliable. I never have to reboot when using the built in tethering.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)
i-mate JAQ > HTC 8525 > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS (it was a dark time in my life, I was confused) > Palm Pre > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate > LG Thrill > Samsung Focus > Samsung Galaxy S II (I777) > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy Note II (I317) > Samsung Galaxy S 4 (I337) + HP TouchPad
The Following User Says Thank You to quarlow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BigBadWolf84
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Thanks didn't know about that.
HP Touchpad 32 GB